Kelly not nominated as F/S

Remove this Banner Ad

Number 10

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Callum Twomey @AFL_CalTwomey
Pies won't nominate Jake Kelly as a father-son pick at the #AFLDraft but could consider him as a rookie: http://afl.to/18MnbCL

Some actual...real news - if anyone cares for it.

This makes sense. If we are keeping our spots open for an assault on 2014 draft... then we shouldn't just be gifting any old f/s a spot on our senior list for the sake of it.

And, obviously, I trust Hine's decision.

There is an article on AFL.com.au interviewing him about it said Hine has told him that we will take him with a FS rookie if he goes undrafted through the ND and he made us think about taking him with a senior pick (bit of a hollow compliment).

As mentioned, rookie seems about right anyway.

Also, given statements from Hine, they are gearing for the draft after this one as an extra strong one. Anyone drafted this year to the senior list is given an automatic 2 year contract, so they might be wary of any more projects who could cause issues clearing for better prospects in the stronger draft.

Hopefully he falls through to the rookie draft but I wouldn't put it past Malthouse to pick him up with the Blues last pick just to piss us off.

The kid has talent, hope we get him as a rookie.

As mentioned, rookie seems about right anyway.

Also, given statements from Hine, they are gearing for the draft after this one as an extra strong one. Anyone drafted this year to the senior list is given an automatic 2 year contract, so they might be wary of any more projects who could cause issues clearing for better prospects in the stronger draft.

It was the 2015 draft he referred to as opposed to next years.

Hopefully he falls through to the rookie draft but I wouldn't put it past Malthouse to pick him up with the Blues last pick just to piss us off.

The kid has talent, hope we get him as a rookie.

I would put it put it last that Prick MM

Hine not a fan being locked into a Picks. You have to be top 5-10 player to even be looked at by Hine

The kid (dad) is smart by testing the water to achieve a position on a senior list. If he fails he can't lose as Dekka has stated we will pick him up as a rookie.

It would have been great if he was prepared to commit to us either as a Rookie or senior listed drafted player.

It's a bit of a concern for the club when a Father son will not commit.

A concern for the club? Wtf

He couldn't even make the vic metro team, clearly not worth being drafted.

Might be worth looking at as a rookie option as he showed something in the VFL and his dad was a premiership hero here

The kid (dad) is smart by testing the water to achieve a position on a senior list. If he fails he can't lose as Dekka has stated we will pick him up as a rookie.

It would have been great if he was prepared to commit to us either as a Rookie or senior listed drafted player.

Que?
I don't think it was jake who was the one who isn't committed.. I think that decision was purely collingwoods.

I don't understand what you are saying?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It makes sense from a management perspective, but there is no way the club would commit to him if what you've stated is true.

It makes sense from a management perspective, but there is no way the club would commit to him if what you've stated is true.

My thoughts also 10 unless they have allocated the latter picks already; Dwyer (Done)/ White/ Karnezis??

The kid had the choice to allow us to nominate him as a father son and see if another club made a bid on him in the father son period.

If no club made a bid my understanding is we could automatically select him with our last selection in the rookie draft.

i'm still not sure where you are coming from. we either nominate him for the senior list part of the draft or we don't. if we nominate and nobody bids we take him with our last pick in the national draft. if we don't nominate like we have, we run the risk of someone taking him, but if they dont we then can take him with the last pick in the rookie draft, which is what i assume is our hope. i'm not sure what you mean by him preparing to commit or not, it's all our decision yeah?

i'm still not sure where you are coming from. we either nominate him for the senior list part of the draft or we don't.

This is a paragraph from the op as provided:

The club told Kelly that if he slipped through the NAB AFL Draft, they would consider nominating him as a rookie father-son selection, which means under a new rule they would have access to automatically pre-list him before that draft on November 26.

Kelly doesn't want it to get to that – he wants to be drafted to a senior list like every other player

The kid had the choice to allow us to nominate him as a father son and see if another club made a bid on him in the father son period.

If no club made a bid my understanding is we could automatically select him with our last selection in the rookie draft.

The only method to get him via the rookie draft is to not nominate him as a father son pick in the national draft. If we were to nominate him and no one else bid we would need to use our final national draft pick.

We rate him as a rookie he rates himself higher nothing wrong with that.

I still don't get where you are coming from. if we nominate him and nobody bids he doesn't go to the rookie list, he needs to be taken with our last national draft pick. there would be nothing gained by saying no.

I think that Hine is worried if we nominate him under F/S we may be forced to use a pick that we want to use for trading with other clubs (White, Kernezis etc).
So pass on him, but rookie him if he isn't selected by other clubs.
Once again, a tough no sentiment football decision.
Hopefully we can rookie him.

Apologies I'm wrong guys:thumbsu: ,

I think I may have been thinking along the lines that if a F/S player was overlooked in the ND then we could select them with our last Rookie choice.

Im To frigen tired to confirm although I'll go with the comments posted by others.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back