Coach Kenny Hinkley - should he stay or should he go (or will he be here until the end of time)?

Remove this Banner Ad

PAFC risk having a supporter backlash/boycott of attending games and buying memberships if they keep Kern on for another year (I think it's reached that stage)

The one thing they can have some hope for is GWS poaching him (with Clarko apparently set to chose the North coaching job)

I know people who have already left, handed back their membership - and they don't even know what BigFooty is.

Ken will coach next year and then head off into the sunset to race his greyhounds.

In my eye's Ken's a 'gambler' - gamblers always think they can win the money back on the next race, that's probably how he sees next year.

The club knows next year is it, so effectively Ken will coach from round 1 whilst the club will be looking for the next coach from round 1.

I know people who have already left, handed back their membership - and they don't even know what BigFooty is.

Ken will coach next year and then head off into the sunset to race his greyhounds.

In my eye's Ken's a 'gambler' - gamblers always think they can win the money back on the next race, that's probably how he sees next year.

The club knows next year is it, so effectively Ken will coach from round 1 whilst the club will be looking for the next coach from round 1.

Koch and most of the board who kept backing Ken must also go when Hinkley departs Alberton.
How can any Port Adelaide fan trust them to get their next crucial senior appointment tight ??

Koch and most of the board who kept backing Ken must also go when Hinkley departs Alberton.
How can any Port Adelaide fan trust them to get their next crucial senior appointment tight ??

I'd like to se Kochie go this year.

I think breaking the tie between a long standing president and coach will be critical. Wouldn't it be good for the president to have no connection to the last ten years and make a call with clear thinking.

From the outside looking in does it seem strange Port supporters want change after 10 years of mid table success?

... and all we get is Caro, Eddie and every other media personality (bar Llyod) saying we are whining and Kens a great bloke (who cares).

Seriously.

We would also like Eddie's JAMTV’s Chief Executive Officer Cos Cardone off our board too, I mean conflicted much?

Ports fans are unreasonable he's got one year left. Do you want to be known as the club that cuts a contracted couch off before his contract. No coach will touch that club.

It's just one year. Ken hinkey needs to be respected. Wouldn't be surprised if top 4. Then talk about extentions should be made in a logical manner without emotions from haters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ports fans are unreasonable he's got one year left. Do you want to be known as the club that cuts a contracted couch off before his contract. No coach will touch that club.

It's just one year. Ken hinkey needs to be respected. Wouldn't be surprised if top 4. Then talk about extentions should be made in a logical manner without emotions from haters
There's been a few instances of coaches parting ways before a contract is up, Clarko last year is a good example

Yes, every failed loser of a coach should just meander along to the end of their contract, because no coach has ever been sacked mid season or prior to their contract ending.

Oh wait, that literally happens to almost every ******* coach in history except ken "s**t stain on the side of the toilet bowl" stinkley.

Yes, it is because Ken Hinkley played a fairly uneventful career for Geelong.

Port posters on here are somewhat concerning.
Port posters here are rightfully angry that
  • no membership representation on board
  • no prospect of change
  • a media landscape which is inexplicably backing the coach with the longest term not getting to a grand final, when other underperforming coaches get acid treatment (even Chris Scott has had that acid while donuts Hinkley gets a feather duster)
  • club overreacting to a sticker on a sign
  • dismissal of fan base as white noise by administration who have in all likelihood used their China connections to pay for support Hinkley bot farm posts on social media.

There is a small tendency for Port supporters to use "Victorian" as slander for Hinkley, but instead of being something against Victorians, I think it's because Hinkley has spent the last 8 years feeling like an outsider. He's never really bought into the (former) ethos of the club or the history and tradition, I assume because he doesn't want to be judged against it. Doesn't feel like one of us. Will probably never set foot inside the club again when he leaves. Seems to actively despise the supporter base, etc.

There are a stack of Victorian coaches i'd absolutely love to have here, and obviously our two greatest players of the 2010s are Victorian.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back