Kristian Jaksch

Remove this Banner Ad

I think if all parties were amenable it's a deal GWS would do.
Ideally I'd prefer a player slightly more established than O'Rourke, but there's no denying O'Rourke would be a handy addition for us.

I'm very much in favour of using pick 5 to try and get 2 quality kids. We need as many as possible.

I don't really know anything about Jono. Is he going to be a mid & just needs to bulk up?

I forgot about Giles. I really like the look of him, and he will compliment Rowe nicely I would think.
We lost a fair amount of intercept & rebound when Hendo moved forward, Giles is the man to bring it back (here's hoping).

I don't really know anything about Jono. Is he going to be a mid & just needs to bulk up?

We lost a fair amount of intercept & rebound when Hendo moved forward, Giles is the man to bring it back (here's hoping).
I think with O'Rourke, from what I have etc so could be wrong, that a combination of injury + not settling in up in NSW might have held him back.
Could very much be another Dom Tyson who thrives in Victoria and a team where he gets more opportunity. And stays injury free.

Pick 5 for O'Rourke (pick 2) + Jaksch (pick 12) could be a good deal if both realise their potential. I think long term it would be a win for both, short term maybe not so much as Jaksch will take a few more years to reach his peak (just like Hendo did) and O'Rourke isn't established yet.

O'Rourke is interested in us and we are interested in him.
Hopefully that gives us leverage in talking to Jaksch - a few of his mates at the Bulldogs too.

Didn't O'Rourke's hamstring fly off the bone into orbit? That has to devalue him.

Nah, the Russians have picked it up and it's heading back to earth at the moment.

To be truthful O'Rourke has been disappointing for us. I think we brought him in thinking he could be that nice hard running mid who could get a lot of the ball and use it efficiently.

I don't really know what the problem has been with him as he has been given a few opportunities and just hasn't grabbed them. In the Pick Me videos he did give a slight impression he would be happiest to stay home in Melbourne but also said he would be happy to get an opportunity anywhere.

I suspect he is the type of kid that needs to be comfortable and will thrive if back home with his family and friends. He could be a decent pick up for somebody as he has a big upside on what he has done to date.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Waite ends up at North then Carlton would have to consider slotting Jaksch straight in at full forward. I'm hopeful Giles has a big preseason after busting his foot this year & challenges for a spot in the backline
Watson wants to play Full Forward.

Doubt that Jaksch would slot straight in as a tall forward. Even Henderson took his time with our impatient supporters screaming for his head in his third season. Jaksch has the mobility, frame and hands to develop into a mobile CHB like Henderson. Would put him away and develop him as a long term replacement for Rowe or Jamison.

Watson wants to play Full Forward.

Doubt that Jaksch would slot straight in as a tall forward. Even Henderson took his time with our impatient supporters screaming for his head in his third season. Jaksch has the mobility, frame and hands to develop into a mobile CHB like Henderson. Would put him away and develop him as a long term replacement for Rowe or Jamison.

So if he's not going to get regular games straight off, what's the point in him moving? Isn't that the whole reason why players like him would supposedly want to move, to get regular senior footy?

So if he's not going to get regular games straight off, what's the point in him moving? Isn't that the whole reason why players like him would supposedly want to move, to get regular senior footy?

He'll be getting games straight away. With Waite likely to go - there's his spot on a silver platter.

I think in terms of our 3rd and 4th picks they may be tied up in academy selections such as Steele, finlayson and griffiths.

So that could throw a spanner into everyone's crazy trade scenarios

To be truthful O'Rourke has been disappointing for us. I think we brought him in thinking he could be that nice hard running mid who could get a lot of the ball and use it efficiently.

I don't really know what the problem has been with him as he has been given a few opportunities and just hasn't grabbed them. In the Pick Me videos he did give a slight impression he would be happiest to stay home in Melbourne but also said he would be happy to get an opportunity anywhere.

I suspect he is the type of kid that needs to be comfortable and will thrive if back home with his family and friends. He could be a decent pick up for somebody as he has a big upside on what he has done to date.
Is that why SOS was keen on getting Kelly to the club?

Would like to see what we can do with O'Rourke given our ties to Vic Uni (they practically rebuilt Easton Wood), but apparently Simon Dalrymple (our recruiting guy) doesn't rate him, so it probably won't happen.

I liked what I saw at TAC Cup level and he seems very keen, and as the GWS supporters have said, like someone who would thrive in more familiar surrounds.

We're right into Jaksch though, be interesting to see what gets that deal done should it happen.

Would like to see what we can do with O'Rourke given our ties to Vic Uni (they practically rebuilt Easton Wood), but apparently Simon Dalrymple (our recruiting guy) doesn't rate him, so it probably won't happen.

I liked what I saw at TAC Cup level and he seems very keen, and as the GWS supporters have said, like someone who would thrive in more familiar surrounds.

We're right into Jaksch though, be interesting to see what gets that deal done should it happen.
Carlton will pay overs to get him, if 24-26 isn't enough there is no way we are trading 6/7 for him and who from us would GWS want that isn't untouchable?

Also won't happen because Tomlinson is worth pick 6/7 by himself.
Yeah his value has gone up with Pattons injury for sure, wed have to chuck in a Hrovat or something to get it done.

Deal that the Dogs want is 7 for 1 of Tomlinson or WHE and Jaskch chucked in, in reality 7 & Hrovat for Jaskch & WHE

Remove this Banner Ad

Back