Kurt Tippett

Remove this Banner Ad

Like Roughy finding his feet after Buddy left, I'd imagine Tippo getting better stats if he was the no. 1.
I'd happily take him.

Oh, okay like David Hale.

I like David Hale in my team, but I'm glad we aren't paying 875K a year for that output.

The Hawk obsession with anything Swans is amusing here on Bigfooty!
Is it because we walked into your trophy cabinet & stole the 2012 p'ship cup, you had already polished, from you?
Or perhaps we stole the AFL's most marketable player from you?

I don't rate him usually, but does anyone else notice he chops up in the wet? Weird...

Like Roughy finding his feet after Buddy left, I'd imagine Tippo getting better stats if he was the no. 1.
I'd happily take him.
Roughy still had 2 years of 70+ goals and two years of 50+ with Franklin since 2007

One year he was playing more up field as our second ruck and averaged 2 goals a game 10 hit outs 15 touches, And the other one was when he did his achillies

Case in Point, Roughy found his way to be versitile as a key target with a dominant forward, playing up and around the ground, as a second target or as the main man, Tippett has struggled a lot, He's still kicked his couple of goals, But hasn't found a true role with Franklin around, Which is fair enough, When Franklin is strutting around and is up its hard not to kick to him

He is not much of a footballer, never really been that great. But Tippett is a good athlete, he is versatile and can play multiple roles.
I think he is a better ruckman than forward. In all, he is probably a 'poor mans' Mitch Clark.

55 goals in 20 games over his first 2 interrupted seasons, don't see anything wrong with his output.

Has to put a few full seasons together though to be value for money, I'm guessing his next contract won't be so generous

Swans fans if tomorrow you could straight swap tippet for Mumford
Plus the approx 200k salary you would save would you do it?

GEEZ!
We played off in the GF last year which means we were the second best team in 2014.
Last time I looked, both players were part of that. Mummy on the other hand was subbed off in the 2012 GF & a Canadian that knew nothing about AFL only a few years prior helped deliver us a p'ship whilst Mummy watched from the sidelines after a poor game. It's fair to say the money we saved by having such an honest player like Pyke as our ruckman instead of Mummy ($600K) has helped us to land both Tippett & then Buddy.

The Swans have also played in finals for 17 of the last 20 years.

I'll back my club's decision making over any other club thanks!

The Hawk obsession with anything Swans is amusing here on Bigfooty!
Is it because we walked into your trophy cabinet & stole the 2012 p'ship cup, you had already polished, from you?
Or perhaps we stole the AFL's most marketable player from you?

No.
We don't understand your collective conceit because we pity you for being totally reliant on $$ support from the pigs in AFL House.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No.
We don't understand your collective conceit because we pity you for being totally reliant on $$ support from the pigs in AFL House.

Distributions are available in afl reports, should read them one day eddie then you may actually know what you are talking about

R
Case in Point, Roughy found his way to be versitile as a key target with a dominant forward, playing up and around the ground, as a second target or as the main man, Tippett has struggled a lot, He's still kicked his couple of goals, But hasn't found a true role with Franklin around, Which is fair enough, When Franklin is strutting around and is up its hard not to kick to him

Tippett was 9th for goals per game in 2014.

Roughead was 6th in 2008, 8th in 2009, 4th in 2013.

Only 28th in 2012, 40th in 2011, 14th in 2010. But I know that he had some injury troubles & spent time in the ruck. But then, so did Tippett.

So yeah, Roughead, at his best, outperformed Tippett when sharing the 50 with Buddy. He's clearly a better player, and any team would have rocks in thier head not to throw shitloads of money at him). But he doesn't dramatically outperform him.

It's funny how people's football opinions are often completely divorced from statistical reality. I guess that was the whole thing with Moneyball, though.

Tippett is 9th for goals per game in 2014.

Roughead was 6th in 2008, 8th in 2009, 4th in 2013.

Only 28th in 2012, 40th in 2011, 14th in 2010. But I know that he had some injury troubles. But then, so did Tippett.

So yeah, Roughead outperforms Tippett when sharing the 50 with Buddy. he's clearly a better player, and any team would have rocks in thier head not to throw shitloads of money at him). But he doesn't dramatically outperform him.

It's funny how people's football opinions are often completely divorced from statistical reality. I guess that was the whole thing with Moneyball, though.

Apples and oranges. Rough was predominantly playing ruck/utility for large amounts of time during the above years. Stats are a funny thing. Used any which way. Politicians do it all the time.

Apples and oranges. Rough was predominantly playing ruck/utility for large amounts of time during the above years. Stats are a funny thing. Used any which way. Politicians do it all the time.

It's not apples and oranges at all. Tippett is playing ruck this year, the only year in his time at the Swans he hasn't been a top 10 player in the league for goals per game.

There are a bunch of people in this thread with demonstrably wrong opinions. It's like the Eddie Betts thread. People just writing guys off because they're not the right "type" of player, despite the fact they put points on the board (surely the thing that really counts). I'd suggest recruiters see things a bit differently, hence the money that is being offered.

It's not apples and oranges at all. Tippett is playing ruck this year, the only year in his time at the Swans he hasn't been a top 10 player in the league for goals per game.

There are a bunch of people in this thread with demonstrably wrong opinions. It's like the Eddie Betts thread. People just writing guys off because they're not the right "type" of player, despite the fact they put points on the board (surely the thing that really counts). I'd suggest recruiters see things a bit differently, hence the money that is being offered.

The point being that Tippett is nowhere near worth what Sydney paid for him and he has a hell of a long way to go to be compared to Roughead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back