Kurt Tippett

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask me when Sydney renegotiate his contract or put him on the table.

What will that prove? He will be 4 years older, Franklin will be there, the Swans might need to spend that money on other parts of their list. It will be very different circumstances.

As it stood, the Swans secured a top 5-10 player for the one part of their premiership list that was a serious weakness (LRT was my favourite player. But, y'know...). As importantly, they stopped their competitors from getting him. He's performed well for the first two years of his contract. The Swans, so far, have only lost one required player due to the salary cap pressure. The only real question is "is having Tippett better than Mumford". I think, probably, yes, because a great key forward and a serviceable ruckman is better than the inverse.

What will that prove? He will be 4 years older, Franklin will be there, the Swans might need to spend that money on other parts of their list. It will be very different circumstances.

As it stood, the Swans secured a top 5-10 player for the one part of their premiership list that was a serious weakness (LRT was my favourite player. But, y'know...). As importantly, they stopped their competitors from getting him. He's performed well for the first two years of his contract. The Swans, so far, have only lost one required player due to the salary cap pressure. The only real question is "is having Tippett better than Mumford". I think, probably, yes, because a great key forward and a serviceable ruckman is better than the inverse.

Tippett's never been a top 10 player. Sydney paid overs from the beginning just because they could and they know it. They have always sought the marquee forward going back to the club's inception with Capper and then Lockett and Hall. It works very well in Sin City. The equation has changed since they landed Franklin. Even then you can't say he hasn't disappointed.

Sydney paid overs from the beginning just because they could and they know it.
Yes, that's exactly it. They didn't put up a big offer because he was a 25 year old key forward coming off a big year who filled a massive gap in Sydney's team, or because they were beating other big offers for him. They did it because they could. Really high quality insight.

No.
We don't understand your collective conceit because we pity you for being totally reliant on $$ support from the pigs in AFL House.

Well there you go!
Where is the collective conceit coming from?

Every team relies on $$ support from somewhere.
Ours at least doesn't come from the taxpayer & the bad gambling habits care of the pokies.
But what ever makes you feel a legit AFL club pal.

Tippett's never been a top 10 player. Sydney paid overs from the beginning just because they could and they know it. They have always sought the marquee forward going back to the club's inception with Capper and then Lockett and Hall. It works very well in Sin City. The equation has changed since they landed Franklin. Even then you can't say he hasn't disappointed.

At least you get it!

So damn difficult to lure good KPP's...paying overs and taking your chance is the norm.

Cloke is on more coin....and he managed to have last year off completely after signing his new contract.

Tippett is a gun compared to Cloke...which means Tippett was a bargain....unless i tell you otherwise :thumbsu:

So damn difficult to lure good KPP's...paying overs and taking your chance is the norm.

Cloke is on more coin....and he managed to have last year off completely after signing his new contract.

Tippett is a gun compared to Cloke...which means Tippett was a bargain....unless i tell you otherwise :thumbsu:

Excellent troll

Is he injured? Seriously.

He was a deadset plank tonight. Flopping around like a just landed fish, went to ground whenever he was near it, I think he only took a couple of marks.

Deadset liability on the ball. He's horrendously slow and has the turning circle of a tram.

Needs to drop 10kgs and get running. He's laughing all the way to the bank on this ludicrous contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The trick with the swans forward line it's we don't actually use Tippett and buddy as goal kickers, they're there to keep Frawley Gibbo and Lake out off Reid and Goodes' space. ;) We just bought them so they can't kick goals against us

He's the Dwight Howard of the AFL. A couple of really good years. Switched teams in dramatic fashion. Highly dislikeable. Often injured or carrying an injury. Physical/athletic freak. Can do anything/nothing.

He's also the definition of Backpfeifengesicht

what people fail to realise is we recruited tippet to shore up our weakest area which was our fwd line at the time.

once we got tippet we went tippett heavy so of course his stats were higher, tippett will always get beat a ground level because of how big he is hes just a giant to park up the field, it doesn't help that we give him s**t delivery most of the time, But thats neither here nor there. tippetts role changed once Buddy arrived.

you want an example of tippetts value to us right now just look at last week against melbourne when buddy took a regulation mark 1 metre from the goal square. he didn't have to move it went straight to him. despite the fact that melbourne had plenty of players at the coalmouth

cast your eyes to franklins right and THREE melbourne players are on Tippett, That is the value Tippett brings right now. he free's up other players, who else in this league add's such pressure on a defence that 3 people try to cover one bloke?

only west coast and hawthorn have a better fwd combo then we do. there's 18 teams in this comp being in the top 3 fwd comb's especially when Tippett rucks as well.

Seriously wish Adelaide were not such campaigners over that potential trade. Would have worked out so much better for both sides.

I'm sorry, but both clubs are to blame for screwing the pooch on that one. Brisbane could have quite easily offered up more at the trade table and still come out well ahead. Especially in terms of the marketability and hope Kurt would have offered you.

Not saying we shouldn't have taken whatever you offered and skipped our way straight to the bank, before cracking a bottle of Dom and celebrated the fact we'd gotten that ticking time bomb off our list... But I don't think either club were realistic in their dealing and in assessing how important making such a trade was to each clubs future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back