Toast Lachie Weller

Remove this Banner Ad

And you were the blonde headed stompy wompy real gone surfer boy ?
I remember seeing Bon in a punch up at Ross' Snack Bar on stirling Hwy.

Nah ,Freo boys were either rockers or mods. Surfers were the sworn enemy. Claremont and Cottesloe losers:)
I saw a guy who shall remain nameless reduce a car to rubble at Ross's with a sledgehammer because his ex was in the car. Memories eh Fred.

Stomps were the go in the 60/s 70/s. Bon Scott learnt his chops at the Hammy Hill and Port Beach stomps.
I went to the Stomp at Midland Town Hall and the one I think 6KY ran at Anzac House where the Jerry Roll Bakers with Al Cash on drums and Steve Rally's played as did Russ Partington and the Little Wheels. Stomps were banned at Gov Stirling High School as the hall was built on the rivers edge so the school's reason for no more stomps in the hall was that it was sliding down towards the embankment.

I went to the Stomp at Midland Town Hall and the one I think 6KY ran at Anzac House where the Jerry Roll Bakers with Al Cash on drums and Steve Rally's played as did Russ Partington and the Little Wheels. Stomps were banned at Gov Stirling High School as the hall was built on the rivers edge so the school's reason for no more stomps in the hall was that it was sliding down towards the embankment.

Ivan Zar of the Jelly rolls still busks in Freo. Great slide guitar player. Al Cash is a good mate of Harry Reems,

Ivan Zar of the Jelly rolls still busks in Freo. Great slide guitar player. Al Cash is a good mate of Harry Reems,
Al Kash is a good friend of mine too. I played with him for a few years and we recently did that Al-athon (Al on drums with every band) at the Charles and reprised at North Freo Bowls.

AND I was a Cottesloe surfy boy who grew up barracking for Claremont Tigers. Takes all types us Freo supporters eh? ;)

Al Kash is a good friend of mine too. I played with him for a few years and we recently did that Al-athon (Al on drums with every band) at the Charles and reprised at North Freo Bowls.

AND I was a Cottesloe surfy boy who grew up barracking for Claremont Tigers. Takes all types us Freo supporters eh? ;)

You were one of those pansy foot stomping Cott surfer boys. :pGlad you came to your senses and moved into Freo.;)

It was my buddy's birthday yesterday. How did you guys celebrate him getting to the big 2-0? I ate some cake & had a nap.

Happy birthday for yesterday GLR if you're reading this!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back