Official Club Stuff Q&A With Lachie Schultz

Remove this Banner Ad

Asides from the obvious physical preparation advantages of being dedicated full time what was the biggest difference when moving from the VFL to the AFL system?
Definitely the resources like sports psychs, dieticians, doctors and physios that we didn’t have access to in the VFL system.

Being in that full time environment with resources like that has been a massive asset for me.

Do players ever talk in the locker rooms or behind closed doors about their desires and wishes to be traded to another club or mates who play at other clubs wanting to come to
Freo?
Similar to this, can Lachie tell us how close he actually was to signing for Hawthorn the other year?
We all want to be at Freo and I showed that the other year when I chose to stay. You do look at all scenarios but it was pretty easy to see that Freo was the best option.

Imagine that you have a Good Lachie sitting on one of your shoulders and a Bad Lachie sitting on the other one, and they're both telling you what you should eat before a game. What are they both saying?
The Good Lachie is definitely saying pasta, plenty of water and no chocolate. The Bad Lachie is saying chocolate and some sort of takeaway.

Lucky I don’t have the Bad Lachie on my shoulder before games!

Lachie, what is your go-to option when ducking into the bakery for a cheeky snack after training at Freo Oval on a Wednesday? There is a groundswell of support on this board for the vanilla slice - but I'm a big fan of the custard tart myself.
It’s a tough one! I’m probably more of a caramel slice man myself. I don’t indulge in it too much but there’s nothing better than a bakery caramel slice.

and on a similar note, is there any personal moment/highlight of that stands out so far (e.g kicking game winners against the Saints in 2020, Crows last year, the massive mark and goal against Richmond in 2021, general chaos of the 3rd term against the Demons at the MCG last year)
Oh yeah, also the winning goal against the Saints. That was pretty special as well!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My goals are to improve on my strengths from last year, I’d like to kick a lot of goals, lay a lot of tackles and be a good teammate 💪
The gun small forward with the huge guns who is also a plumber just like my ol’ pop who won a premiership for East Fremantle back in ‘45. History repeats!!

View attachment 1629115
Thanks for having us Big Footy, sorry we couldn't get to every question. Looking forward to Sunday! ⚓
Many thanks Lachie for taking the time to answer our questions, it was great to get your insights into not only life as an AFL footballer but about you as a person! All the very best for the season ahead from all of us here at the Freo section of BigFooty, you have officially earned the title of 'Friend of the Board'!!

A lot of thanks also to you Tom for acting as the conduit between us and Lachie, you and the rest of the SM team are the Best In The Business and we look forward to seeing your handiwork on the official channels during the year!

Finally thanks to everyone who asked questions, you read the remit and applied it well by asking some really good questions... well, most of you. Vanilla slice vs custard tart? That answer is obvious...

EmbarrassedHeavyGarpike-max-1mb.gif

Yup, echoing the same sentiments. That was awesome that Lachie engaged directly with us. Bloody well done on their end as well as ours and thank you Lachie for confirming the dessert of choice.
I hope the lunch ladies at ARC were paying attention...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back