Are we OK with English home to Freo and Darcy home to Geelong?

Remove this Banner Ad

No
NADA
Not Happening
You should be shot for making that suggestions :)
I'm OK with being shot at but it wasn't a suggestion, just asking for opinions about the possible scenario.
Reading the responses you might think I had suggested swapping Darcy for Fat Nat!:poo:

Getting old and the memories fuzzy.

But I recollect him saying he spent his school years at boarding school and in any event is from the greater Geelong region. I doubt Margaret Riverites particularly think of themselves as Bunburyites. So he didn't particularly give a rats arse about Geeling FC and was happy in Fremantle.

Mate of mine raised the possibility yesterday, lose Darcy but gain English.
What do we think?
To my mind it's a close thing in terms of what they bring to the team.
If we got English he'd be for keeps.
If we retain Darcy, unless it's a 5+ year deal then we might lose him in 3.
Hell no.

No F Ing way, apart from the actual football side of things he seems like a big part of the club culture. Would be a disaster to lose.
Would not trade him for anything, anyone anytime, even for magic beans or a box with a boat ….

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Season 5 No GIF by The Office

Darcy is not like English, we’d be going backwards in physicality, as a relatively immature group, Darcy is the ruckman we need. Can’t wait til he gets his 5 year extension.

I'm OK with being shot at but it wasn't a suggestion, just asking for opinions about the possible scenario.
Reading the responses you might think I had suggested swapping Darcy for Fat Nat!:poo:
The Darcy love runs strong in me

Ridiculous thread, darcy just gets back from injury, we are back to smash mode due to his dominance and we get Suma crap??
Sounds like a thread from someone with intent. We need some AI to sort the moles we have within this site. WA media and eagle Mafia will be going into next level mode to take us down more than ever now that they at breaking mode. Stay strong people.

No way! I want to see Darcy see out his career a Premiership Freo player being chaired off (somehow) being cheered by the Freo faithful.

If he chooses to leave (which I don't think he will), that's a different story. Then you've got to do the best you can and English would be an option.

Do people on here watch other team's play?

I mean, I want to keep Darcy but English is freaking awesome. Like, top 5 player
in the league awesome.

If Tasmania had their pick of any player in the comp it wouldn't surprise me if their first pick is Tim English.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back