Autopsy Freo Lose To North at Home

Remove this Banner Ad

If what the AFL says is true, why don’t we see the umps ordinarily end play before we hear the siren on TV?

I have never noticed that happen and there would be justifiable outrage if it did in a crucial situation.

Having said that, I doubt that Hughes would have scored from that distance and angle. We would have needed Drizzy for that!
Yeah great point. So in every game, is the siren going off in the umpires ear and arc a second before it does in the stadium??
Pull the other one AFL, of course it isn’t

It came from the grassy knoll…

In all seriousness who cares. Game is done, we didn’t deserve the W anyway.

It is the kick up the backside we needed and hopefully the penny has dropped that we need to TINKER with the game plan and play faster footy.

Going by the Peel write up they are very positive with their assessments on Johnson, Erasmus and Corbett so expect them to come in. Noddy should get a look in too.
It's a brutal competition. If you're off by 1% you get found out. Freo are off by about 15%. Some players are nowhere near where they were last year (won't name names).

We lost to Saints, who absolutely pumped Bullies, and North by 1 point, who are light-years better than last year.

Both teams are in the honeymoon period of a new coach.

Just have to get back to work.

Are you comfortable in the notion that you sound like a lunatic?
Look, I hate the conspiracy s**t but can you not see how blatantly dodge the timings are on everything. It's a ******* bizarre move from the AFL.

Look, I hate the conspiracy s*t but can you not see how blatantly dodge the timings are on everything. It's a ****** bizarre move from the AFL.
No, there's reasonable explanations behind everything. I'm not trying to be a dick or troll, I'm just trying to temper the mood a bit because it's a little ridiculous and makes us Freo supporters seem like sore losers all the time.

Not sure who wins. Probably tip West Coast. Freo have some issues that need longer than a week to sort out.
get out GIF

No, there's reasonable explanations behind everything. I'm not trying to be a dick or troll, I'm just trying to temper the mood a bit because it's a little ridiculous and makes us Freo supporters seem like sore losers all the time.
I know your not, but every single person that thinks that’s some ridiculous s**t from the AFL thinks we were worse and didn’t deserve any points. People posting about the umpiring basically say every time that it made no difference, we suck and we have massive issues.

It’s just that the changing the footage and audio timing is ******* weird and bizarre. The actual match replay marries up with everything else, the AFl released footage (seriously, why would you need to rerelease something that is easily available?) reactions are completely whack.

Again, it makes no difference, we suck, we have massive issues but I have no idea what the fuxk they are playing at changing the audio timing

Not sure who wins. Probably tip West Coast. Freo have some issues that need longer than a week to sort out.
Yeah your forward line is proper dog s**t to be honest, was at the game yesterday and the lack of movement is confusing.

Obviously ball movement isn’t helping but when it clicks it should click fast as the talent is obviously there (maybe not forward 😂).

If you watched us today, we played fast attacking footy for the first time in about 3-4 years, I think everyone’s starting to clock on that it’s just what you need to do in todays game.

I wouldn’t think it’d be too long before the penny drops for Longmuire and then you guys are a top 8 team again, hate Freo to be honest but I hate the dees far more so hope you lads have a good year 👌

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you comfortable with the notion that the AFL are publicly producing fake videos to defend bad umpiring decisions?

How many people at AFL house do you think were involved in this cover up?

The problem with this and most other conspiracies is that you need to believe that people would not only risk their careers and reputation for something so meaningless but that none of the many people involved would accidentally leak it - I don't think the AFL are that good.

I still can't believe that Clarke chose to chip it to Ryan with 15 seconds to go and Walters decision to not try and bang it as long as possible to rush a point just before that. I wonder if they have drilled being down by 1 point in any match sims at training?

The problem with this and most other conspiracies is that you need to believe that people would not only risk their careers and reputation for something so meaningless but that none of the many people involved would accidentally leak it - I don't think the AFL are that good.

I still can't believe that Clarke chose to chip it to Ryan with 15 seconds to go and Walters decision to not try and bang it as long as possible to rush a point just before that. I wonder if they have drilled being down by 1 point in any match sims at training?
And Banfield right near the line in the last seconds, soccer anyone?

What is your explanation for the 1 second difference in audio?

It's not a question of if there is a 1 second difference ... the AFL have already acknowledged there is, but now try to blame the official broadcast as being 1 second delayed (again, not true).

Sometimes, a conspiracy is actually the simplest answer/explanation, and you don't need a team of rocket scientists involved to simply advance the audio forward 1 second on a small video.

Did you not hear their first attempt to explain the non-Free Kick on their AFL show "The Round So Far", when Riley Beveridge tries to gaslight with some narrative about how the rules require the boundary umpire to signal before the siren ... total BS, that is not true and Riley even misquotes what the field umpire said to the boundary umpire to try to make that narrative (which they then changed the following day with the AFL ARC narrative that the siren had sounded).

The rules are actually ambiguous about if it matters if the ball crossed the boundary or not before the siren.
18.10.2(b) just requires insufficient intent to keep the in and for the ball to cross boundary line which it did.

10.5 (b) allows an umpire to pay a free kick after the siren if they were of the opinion one should have been paid before it went. Them yelling "pay it. Pay it" would indicate they were of the opinion a free kick should be paid.

10.5(b) then goes on to clarify that an out on the full free kick (an 18.10.2(a) free kick) won't be paid if the ball lands after the siren is heard. However, the rules are silent on how an insufficient intent (an 18.10.2(b) free kick) should be treated once kicked and then the siren goes.

The fact that it isn't singled out like an out on the full would indicate that it should be treated like a scoring kick - it's still live after the siren.
Screenshot_2023-03-26-12-10-01-823-edit_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg Screenshot_2023-03-26-12-09-15-953-edit_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg

And Banfield right near the line in the last seconds, soccer anyone?
Yep - with 30 odd secs left we had ample opp to score a behind. Even Cox could have tried handballing a point. Banfield should have tried harder etc.

Jordan Clark did a pointless dinky kick that achieved a loss of about 8secs. Ruckman didn’t get a fist on the ball. Then about 6 North players at the back of the pack and zero Freo.

We got beat. Time to move on from decision at the end, which for mine looked a reasonable decision. Much fairer than Carlton game we lost at the end a couple of years ago.

Yep - with 30 odd secs left we had ample opp to score a behind. Even Cox could have tried handballing a point. Banfield should have tried harder etc.

Jordan Clark did a pointless dinky kick that achieved a loss of about 8secs. Ruckman didn’t get a fist on the ball. Then about 6 North players at the back of the pack and zero Freo.

We got beat. Time to move on from decision at the end, which for mine looked a reasonable decision. Much fairer than Carlton game we lost at the end a couple of years ago.
Darcy could probably have punched it through at that final ball up too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back