Review Freo storm home against North

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah that's okay except the coach said last season his #1 priority was to fix the slow starts, and it didn't happen. So I don't think internally they want it or are satisfied by it. It will cost us games if we don't fix it
There's no basis behind you saying it hasn't happened. Like you've already said in a previous post, there isn't enough evidence yet to know if we're still starting slow.

There's no basis behind you saying it hasn't happened. Like you've already said in a previous post, there isn't enough evidence yet to know if we're still starting slow.
Sorry I meant the fix didn't happen last year. Yes, I am not reading too much into this north game at 10 in the morning regarding if the pattern is here again this year

We won but they had more players get points?! Sydney have played more games than us, so Serong should eventually move ahead

Attachments

• IMG_5134.png
    IMG_5134.png
    283.5 KB · Views: 86
We won but they had more players get points?! Sydney have played more games than us, so Serong should eventually move ahead

Very interesting spread of points allocated.

Given that both single points are allocated and Brayshaw has two votes, it means one of Powell or LDU were awarded full points by one coach and none from the other.

I feel like JL is the sort to give a nod to the opposition tearing us up, but:

Jackson 5+4
Serong 4+3
LDU 0+5
Powell 3+2
Brayshaw 2+0
Sheezel 1+0
Xerri 0+1

Given that both single points are allocated and Brayshaw has two votes, it means one of Powell or LDU were awarded full points by one coach and none from the other.

Jackson 5+4
Serong 4+3
LDU 0+5
Powell 3+2
Brayshaw 2+0
Sheezel 1+0
Xerri 0+1
Ha I just did the exact same calculation like Sudoku then scrolled down to post it and boom you'd gotten there first.
What I find most interesting about these scores is when there's big differences between coaches, as there is here.

Powell was very good, and I thought Xerri getting a vote was reasonable too.
LDU had a lot of influence early, but maybe the purple glasses I was wearing marked him down for some of what he got away with.
I'm making a big assumption here that he was the one given 5 votes and that it was Clarkson, but definitely not warranted in my eyes.

Ha I just did the exact same calculation like Sudoku then scrolled down to post it and boom you'd gotten there first.
What I find most interesting about these scores is when there's big differences between coaches, as there is here.

Powell was very good, and I thought Xerri getting a vote was reasonable too.
LDU had a lot of influence early, but maybe the purple glasses I was wearing marked him down for some of what he got away with.
I'm making a big assumption here that he was the one given 5 votes and that it was Clarkson, but definitely not warranted in my eyes.

Think it's the other way around personally.

Think Clarko gave Powell the 5 ~ LDU got the 3 & 2 from Longmuir or Clarko respectively.

The real advanced stats from CD had Powell #2 on the ground wedged between Jackson and Serong, think it's more likely he was given the BOG from one coach than LDU who was actually below Warldaw, Banfield and Brayshaw in those same advanced metrics.

Last edited:
A big win by the boys after a slow start. While others were still asleep, I thought that Banfield and Hughes were very good , and continued to play well and play theior roles for the team as the game progressed.
Jackson was huge after setting stitched up early by Xerri. Xerrie was too strong and buffetted Jacko, until Jacko began to use his leap. He ran Xerrie raggard after that.
Brayshaw , after a slow and unusually bad start, lifted the team when it was badly needed. Serrong was good , very good.
Pearce and Ryan both played well.
Clark, like many started slowly, but ripped the game apart as the game progressed.
From not seeing much last week of Sharp, I thought he played his wing role beautifully on Saturday. Very composed.
Draper, though not in our best, was very solid for his first game. He didn't look out of place at all.
Walker needed the run .Ordinary early, but as the game wore o he became more at ease.
Tabs, though not in our best, kicked two very vital goals at the right time of the game.
Treacy, was at his muscle man best. Tackling hard, running down players witht he ball. A very good game.
Freddy seemed out of sorts, but now and then flashed into the game.
Fyfe , superb before being subbed out to be managed.Hopefully he stands up all year.
Young good solid game. A great kick either foot.
Walters did what he had to do.A contributor.Emmett had his moments. He applies plenty of pressure with his runing and tackling.
Switta did some good stuff at time. Like Emmett , his tackling pressure is always good.
Johnno worked hard and did some good things.Aish fumly early but recovered as the team got better.
Big game this week at home, and on the Big stage, Friday footy.Though not a stand alone game, we shoulld draw a load of viewers to the game.Hopefully we can get a massive crowd at Perth Stadium.

Are the slow starts deliberate and planned to build into the game?? Other teams are going 100% early trying to get a lead and ride it out and we're pacing different and backing ourselves over 4 quarters? Unlikely and risky strategy but they don't seem too worried about it or doing much to change the starts sooo....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are the slow starts deliberate and planned to build into the game?? Other teams are going 100% early trying to get a lead and ride it out and we're pacing different and backing ourselves over 4 quarters? Unlikely and risky strategy but they don't seem too worried about it or doing much to change the starts sooo....
Not a chance. They’re not worried about it because the first game wasn’t really a slow start, just really dumb brain fades that gifted Bris early goals.

North game was a concern but even then that was a 10am game.

See how we start this week before it starts to be a concern. People like to bring up last year but by the end of the year we were on top of it and our first quarters matched it with the oppo.

Jackson 5+4
Serong 4+3
LDU 0+5
Powell 3+2
Brayshaw 2+0
Sheezel 1+0
Xerri 0+1
So Clarko went:

5.LDU
4.Jackson
3.Serong
2.Powel
1.Sheezel

NOT BIAS AT ALL 8 for his boys 7 for ours...:D

No transcription of the presser up on the club site again. I guess, the media team aren't planning to doit anymore.

Can anyone direct me to an online tool for transcribing audio straight from an embedded video?

A big win by the boys after a slow start. While others were still asleep, I thought that Banfield and Hughes were very good , and continued to play well and play theior roles for the team as the game progressed.
Jackson was huge after setting stitched up early by Xerri. Xerrie was too strong and buffetted Jacko, until Jacko began to use his leap. He ran Xerrie raggard after that.
Brayshaw , after a slow and unusually bad start, lifted the team when it was badly needed. Serrong was good , very good.
Pearce and Ryan both played well.
Clark, like many started slowly, but ripped the game apart as the game progressed.
From not seeing much last week of Sharp, I thought he played his wing role beautifully on Saturday. Very composed.
Draper, though not in our best, was very solid for his first game. He didn't look out of place at all.
Walker needed the run .Ordinary early, but as the game wore o he became more at ease.
Tabs, though not in our best, kicked two very vital goals at the right time of the game.
Treacy, was at his muscle man best. Tackling hard, running down players witht he ball. A very good game.
Freddy seemed out of sorts, but now and then flashed into the game.
Fyfe , superb before being subbed out to be managed.Hopefully he stands up all year.
Young good solid game. A great kick either foot.
Walters did what he had to do.A contributor.Emmett had his moments. He applies plenty of pressure with his runing and tackling.
Switta did some good stuff at time. Like Emmett , his tackling pressure is always good.
Johnno worked hard and did some good things.Aish fumly early but recovered as the team got better.
Big game this week at home, and on the Big stage, Friday footy.Though not a stand alone game, we shoulld draw a load of viewers to the game.Hopefully we can get a massive crowd at Perth Stadium.
Very balanced write-up in my opinion

No transcription of the presser up on the club site again. I guess, the media team aren't planning to doit anymore.

Can anyone direct me to an online tool for transcribing audio straight from an embedded video?
They’ve stopped doing it for whatever reason. Used to also live tweet the transcript from pressers during the week but scrapped it.

You can watch the presser on YouTube and go show transcript to get the text.

So JL gave Xerrie one vote. Interesting that one. I thought early Xerrie was good, but once Jacko began to leap at contests, it was no contest.
No, looking at the replay again last night, Treacy did better in the ruck then Jackson even in the second half. It was Jackson's ground work, run and follow-up that was excellent. Other than the first 15 minutes of the game Xerri was the better of the two in the ruck. Jackson had good moments but overall he was beaten imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back