List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread - Pt2 Now With Added Wailing & Gnashing of Teeth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Dockers fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Would Edwards have scope to play as a kpd?

May give him a better chance of making the side long term, than being behind Darcy and Jackson.

And would give us a post Pearce option to play on the monsters in the AFL.

Sounds like a real competitor.
Seems to be some optimism around Knobel. The ruck side of the list is strong. If he wasn't a free hit, to me that makes the question about Edwards almost purely about his ability as a KPP.

Edwards is one I want to get, not as a ruck though, but if we don't I think there is reasonable scope for a player of his type to spend two to three years developing that he will be able to come home without too much fuss.

And I think opposition clubs would rather Fremantle spend the money to put him in the gym.

Let's keep talking about him as a ruck though.

If we are going to be a feeder club I’d be happier to do that with young rucks rather than our wings!
While Darcy and Jackson form a dual All Australian combo for the next 10-12 years we can make a good little sideline gig of developing young rucks with 2-3 years at Peel and the odd fill in game in the seniors, selling one off each year for a future second round pick.
I’m picturing quite the factory line, turning a very late draft pick into a second rounder each year!
Forward planning if your reading this Belly

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

My daydream outcome is for Darcy to be the ruckman, Jackson to be a clearance midfielder, Amiss, to play as the deepest tall and then one of Treacy or Edwards to be the tall marking target forward that plays in the ruck part time.
Where does this leave Knobel?
Reidy is probably like Meek and will get a go somewhere else.
But Knobel at 206cm and how Talls develop, might not need to look afar
when we can develop our own.
I think we have some key position depth, it’s the small forward and elite
outside midfielder that is more concerning.
All this talk on McDonald, Curtin, and the cost involved sounds very Fremantle.
Sure if Logan is desperate to join, but Freo chasing rainbows hasn’t worked so
Far.
Edwards for a steal makes sense, but the spine isn’t the problem that needs
fixing straight away IMO.
Honestly we could rotate Cox and Treacy if required, we have dual position players.
It’s the coach that won’t bend, makes more sense once Chapman settles.

Where does this leave Knobel?
Reidy is probably like Meek and will get a go somewhere else.
But Knobel at 206cm and how Talls develop, might not need to look afar
when we can develop our own.
I think we have some key position depth, it’s the small forward and elite
outside midfielder that is more concerning.
All this talk on McDonald, Curtin, and the cost involved sounds very Fremantle.
Sure if Logan is desperate to join, but Freo chasing rainbows hasn’t worked so
Far.
Edwards for a steal makes sense, but the spine isn’t the problem that needs
fixing straight away IMO.
Honestly we could rotate Cox and Treacy if required, we have dual position players.
It’s the coach that won’t bend, makes more sense once Chapman settles.

I'd have Knobel sitting behind Darcy getting prepared to be a #1 ruck, rather than shoehorning a forward or midfielder into the role if/when he is unavailable.

#1 ruck role: Darcy, Reidy, Knobel, Jackson
Fwd/R role: [Lobb would have gone here], Treacy, [Edwards should slot in here until he is ready to jump straight to the top of the list], Reidy, Knobel, Jackson

If we are going to be a feeder club I’d be happier to do that with young rucks rather than our wings!
While Darcy and Jackson form a dual All Australian combo for the next 10-12 years we can make a good little sideline gig of developing young rucks with 2-3 years at Peel and the odd fill in game in the seniors, selling one off each year for a future second round pick.
I’m picturing quite the factory line, turning a very late draft pick into a second rounder each year!
Forward planning if your reading this Belly

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Port did this for a while in their early noughts pomp.

Dream from here.

North cant find a way to trade with WC so have it pre-arranged to go once we know Collard is there (they also do out of spite to WC)
Pies F1 -> 15

34, 46 -> 26 (whoever here, I'm not fussed)

Match an Edwards bid with 60,

Mannagh at whatever 63 becomes

AoD or Fonti as a rookie pick (happy with either at 60 if Edwards isnt available)
I’d take that. Problem is given I’d take that so happily means it all works out too well for Freo.
End result something like:
19, 31, 42 (retain 2 x F1 and F2)

Another option:
24 > 34, 46, 60, 74 (60 and 74 will come forward by time of bidding).

Collingwood F1, Port F1 > 8 (Melbourne).

End result:
8 (Curtin), 29, bid match on Edwards in 40’s or just use the early 50’s pick that 63 becomes.

Fox Footy's phantom has Eagles trading in for Curtin and Pies taking Collard at the pick we turned down

ooft
All guess work.

Eagles still paying a high price for say pick 9/10. Very highly likely they finish bottom 4. They pinch more than 5 wins and no chance they get a concession from AFL.

Couple of things that seem more likely not included in the Fox phantom:
17,18 (North) > 12 (Sydney)
Probable that Curtin goes at either 4 (Hawks) or 7-8 (Melb)
Richmond super keen on Collard.

Re: Sydney they are keen on Will Green but not at 15-16. That would mean their primary targets have gone and they will slide back and get the two for one offer.

Might mean pick 18 (ie 23) could be for sale.

Could be an opportunity for us to trade whatever we secured for 34, 46 and combine with F2.

26> 34, 46
23 > 31, F2 = Hardeman or Collard

All guess work.

Eagles still paying a high price for say pick 9/10. Very highly likely they finish bottom 4. They pinch more than 5 wins and no chance they get a concession from AFL.

Couple of things that seem more likely not included in the Fox phantom:
17,18 (North) > 12 (Sydney)
Probable that Curtin goes at either 4 (Hawks) or 7-8 (Melb)
Richmond super keen on Collard.

Re: Sydney they are keen on Will Green but not at 15-16. That would mean their primary targets have gone and they will slide back and get the two for one offer.

Might mean pick 18 (ie 23) could be for sale.

Could be an opportunity for us to trade whatever we secured for 34, 46 and combine with F2.

26> 34, 46
23 > 31, F2 = Hardeman or Collard
Waiting for twomeys draft today

Don't think he includes trades though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cal Twomey says we will be trading for 38
Herald Sun and The Age both reporting we’re trading up for 26.

Sounds like we’ve had multiple discussions with GC and will be interesting to see what direction we go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back