List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod notice after Mr Bob did a lot of annoying work in moving days of posts out of here. As we are heading into offseason, this thread is for 2023 list management only. Getting upset on previous trades can be taken to the vent thread. Lets keep this thread on track in the part of the year it's actually relevant

Last edited:
My point is if we leave ourselves open to such a scenario, they find a way to come true. It also goes against the idea of keeping stability in the playing group. If we wanted to keep Hamling then we should have made that possible.
The ONLY way we keep Hamling is either by offering him something ridiculous like 3 years on 350k to beat the other offers, OR by guaranteeing him a spot in the 22. Rhino has said Hamling's decision is based mostly on getting regular AFL games. Why on Earth would he stay here as depth when he's guaranteed a b22 spot at similar money at another club?

The ONLY way we keep Hamling is either by offering him something ridiculous like 3 years on 350k to beat the other offers, OR by guaranteeing him a spot in the 22. Rhino has said Hamling's decision is based mostly on getting regular AFL games. Why on Earth would he stay here as depth when he's guaranteed a b22 spot at similar money at another club?
Just give him some Woodside shares and a two year deal.

a lot of you are missing the point re: Hamling being 'just depth'. yes, we'll replace him easily.

he's proven quality depth. was as good as Pearce or better when cap was out.

the standard of your depth players matters.

he'll totally go to Swans, and play all year, make finals etc because McCartin retired, Mills is f'ed for the best part of a season.

oh and they're getting Grundy as ruck, playing solo ruck which is the way he rucks best.

we'll regret not offering him an extra year, even if we can't guarantee him more games.

I’m not so sure we end up with compo pick for Hamling. Put it this way I’ll be pleasantly surprised if we do which will be a pick in mid 40’s.

There are a couple of highly rated KPD in VFL and state leagues. Consider some of these:
  • Bailey Van De Heuval (200cm)
  • Mutaz El Nour (192/193cm)
  • Jacob Blight (Peel - 195cm)
  • Tyreece Leiu (194cm)
  • Jaiden Hunter whilst injured remains out of contract

A poster who claimed to be ITK did say Freo was very keen on Mutaz El Nour.
I think a few on that list (Mutaz is the one I know of) have been invited to state combines, which would probably be my minimum standard for 1 of these mature agers to be worth a list spot. Ethan Phillips won that young VFL player medal that usually leads to being drafted but he missed out last year.

Honestly I think I'd rather us back in Davies or Draper to help out in a pinch or someone like Ryan to play bigger like he did in 2020. If we need another KPP, just draft someone like Zakostelsky who won't be as AFL ready in 2024 as a mature ager, but doesn't have as many negative runs on the board as a mature ager.

a lot of you are missing the point re: Hamling being 'just depth'. yes, we'll replace him easily.

he'll totally go to Swans, and play all year, make finals etc because McCartin retired, Mills is f'ed for the best part of a season.

oh and they're getting Grundy as ruck, playing solo ruck which is the way he rucks best.

we'll regret not offering him an extra year, even if we can't guarantee him more games.
I'm all for us offering him one extra year, but I don't think that one extra year will be enough for him to stay when he's guaranteed senior playing opportunities elsewhere.

I actually reckon Treacy could be a gun FB or CHB if we ever needed him to be
Why?

What the actual fk are we discussing KPDs for? It's literally the last part of the ground id be remotely interested in.

1696384456704.png
Didn't Like Ryan make the AA as a KPD as well???

Holy crap balls Dex.

You’re sadly assuming the worst if he leaves.

He could just as easily go to another club and quickly find himself as their depth. Then what?

Or he stays and plays no more than 3 games.

There’s also the possibility he reinjures himself. People bang on about Pearce or Cox going down completely ignoring the fact Hamling is just as injury prone.

When making arguments keep it balanced. You can’t say ‘What if Pearce blah blah’ and completely ignore Hamlings past.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why?

What the actual fk are we discussing KPDs for? It's literally the last part of the ground id be remotely interested in.

View attachment 1821671
Didn't Like Ryan make the AA as a KPD as well???

Holy crap balls Dex.
Hamling is likely leaving. Chapman is always injured. Davies looks a couple of years away. Draper is a question mark. Seems to be a flanker. We are talking about next year.

but you had the correct birthday in your own post...and hamlings 31

happy to be a smart alec yourself when you think youre right though
Wait - did you just reply to my reply to your reply?

My goodness man. Go for a walk. Open the windows. Let the sun shine in. Turn off the screen and stop hammering the keys.

Life's short. Get out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back