List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod notice after Mr Bob did a lot of annoying work in moving days of posts out of here. As we are heading into offseason, this thread is for 2023 list management only. Getting upset on previous trades can be taken to the vent thread. Lets keep this thread on track in the part of the year it's actually relevant

Last edited:
Rhino has said Hamling's decision is based mostly on getting regular AFL games. Why on Earth would he stay here as depth when he's guaranteed a b22 spot at similar money at another club?
This. I genuinely felt sorry for Joel playing in Peel Thunder's backline. Seeing him directing the other defenders was like watching a person trying to herd cats. Must have been very frustrating for a player of his AFL experience.

analogy moderators GIF

What picks would the rumoured players leaving St Kilda get, that could be bundled up for Henry and we could send to the Suns to move up the draft?
Jack Billings, Dougal Howard, Hunter Clark, Nick Coffield, Daniel McKenzie, Ben Paton, Jimmy Webster and Jade Gresham are names that are coming up as Ross is expected to have a clean out of his new club.

Anyone know if Chappy has been bulking up? Chappy getting injured over the past few seasons has really sucked. I really want to see what he can do up the field but we will probably need to send him to the backline this season to regain form and confidence.

Because he turns 31 two weeks into next season. Which is when he will next be playing a game.
But his age is 30 now, the age he gets put into the AFL's hidden table to figure out a compo if he leaves. His age next year 2 weeks into isn't relevant.

Yeah, Just bf stuff.

Like bf posters care about that, but wont discuss the horrific trades we made.

It's insane, but also a bit funny at the same time.
Why don't you want to discuss the awesome trades we've done though?

But his age is 30 now, the age he gets put into the AFL's hidden table to figure out a compo if he leaves. His age next year 2 weeks into isn't relevant.

Why don't you want to discuss the awesome trades we've done though?
Age being used in the compo is such a joke lol. McKay getting higher compo because he is 25 before the deadline, when the entire first year of his contract will be based on him as a 26 year old.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know if Chappy has been bulking up? Chappy getting injured over the past few seasons has really sucked. I really want to see what he can do up the field but we will probably need to send him to the backline this season to regain form and confidence.
I think his manager said they were going to try him on the wing.

Age being used in the compo is such a joke lol. McKay getting higher compo because he is 25 before the deadline, when the entire first year of his contract will be based on him as a 26 year old.
It's not really, younger players are worth more to teams and it prevents massive 1-2 year deals to game the system for retiring players. There always has to be a cut off and the simplest thing is to use someone's exact age at the time, not the age they will be on June 1st minus the number of tools in a sidchrome spanner set.

I think the total contract value/average per year/length would be adequate by itself to determine compensation for free agents.

The commitment of the new club to the player represents value and if a club offers a player like Martin $1,400,000 a year for five then Richmond should still get compensated the same as a player 26 years old.

Can't kick, Was a failed forward who was moved to defense but still isn't very good

Pies have a system that made him look not hopeless but if they don't even want him when they are chasing a Howe replacement then it tells the story
If they are going to leave Chapman back then do see need but If they want to move him up the ground then might need cover

Good bloke tho
If freo are happy to leave Chapman back then more then happy not to get anyone, but if they move him up field they might need another backman

Last edited:
It's not really, younger players are worth more to teams and it prevents massive 1-2 year deals to game the system for retiring players. There always has to be a cut off and the simplest thing is to use someone's exact age at the time, not the age they will be on June 1st minus the number of tools in a sidchrome spanner set.
I feel like the cut off is a joke though. The most obvious thing has got to be their age when the season starts, or at the very least the age they’ll be turning that year. Using the age that they pass before the first year of their contract even starts makes no sense

I think the total contract value/average per year/length would be adequate by itself to determine compensation for free agents.

The commitment of the new club to the player represents value and if a club offers a player like Martin $1,400,000 a year for five then Richmond should still get compensated the same as a player 26 years old.
The vast majority of weighing in the formula is based on the annual average salary of the deal.

Barlow thinks that Shaun Mannagh sits “comfortably” in the best 22 of nearly every club in the league.

I assume 14th place freo fall into that bracket.
So yeah, if we can swap out Hamling at peel for Mannagh at AFL level, that’s a win in my book

Barlow thinks that Shaun Mannagh sits “comfortably” in the best 22 of nearly every club in the league.

I assume 14th place freo fall into that bracket.
So yeah, if we can swap out Hamling at peel for Mannagh at AFL level, that’s a win in my book
Is Mannagh an out and out midfielder, or is he more forward/mid. Asking out of pure curiosity.

Is Mannagh an out and out midfielder, or is he more forward/mid. Asking out of pure curiosity.
Sounds like a bit of an outside mid/half forward flanker to me. I’m not actually sure.
He seems to know where the goalposts are anyway which is a good start

I feel like the cut off is a joke though. The most obvious thing has got to be their age when the season starts, or at the very least the age they’ll be turning that year. Using the age that they pass before the first year of their contract even starts makes no sense
Their contract starts as soon as they are traded though. McKay will be training for his new club before he turns 26. If they adjusted it to draft year, it would still advantage some and disadvantage others. He was also one of the youngest players in his draft year, competing with kids who could nearly be a year older. It's fair there are some perks to come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back