Toast Langdon - Has any pick in the 60's dominated the 1st 8 games in their FIRST season as much as Tom?

Remove this Banner Ad

Love how over the past few weeks everyone (including myself) has just presumed he would fade away and eventually be replaced by players coming back from injury etc.

At the moment he is a lock, players like Sinclair, Fasolo and Seedsman will have to knock down the door to take his place...

Love how over the past few weeks everyone (including myself) has just presumed he would fade away and eventually be replaced by players coming back from injury etc.

At the moment he is a lock, players like Sinclair, Fasolo and Seedsman will have to knock down the door to take his place...

I keep thinking the same thing but not anymore. He's starting 18 right now. What a great problem to have.

his kicking was really impressive tonight used it well love watching him
heard that Collingwood had him at 18 on there draft shopping list glad to pick him up at 65 well done hines

He and Dwyer were best on at quarter time, Tommy looked like this was his 200th game and not just his 7th! He has definitely settled down and looks more comfortable in his role now. Up until last week his kicking looked shaky but tonight it was just beautiful to see him put it on his boot.

He's only going to get better too! Really like how he has conducted himself. Another great steal by Hine and the recruiting team. :thumbsu:

Talk about the numbers lining up, a 700K per season player (Daisy) toweled up by a 7 gamer.

Serious question though: would Daisy be close to getting dropped?

I think we've gotten ourselves a gem here guys.. Did absolutely great today, It'll be a good thing we have the bye, rest up our young defense ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love the kid.
I remember some commentator going on about how he was a steal during the preseason, has definitely turned out that way...

Nickname = Langas?

Been one out of the box, an absolute lock in now each game. Pretty scary our depth atm, with Toovey, Fasolo, Sinclair, Seedsman, Scharenberg, who can come in and play the same role.

Sent from my GT-I9197 using Tapatalk

Let the Mick acolytes tell us again how the boys aren't buying in to Buckleys plan :D

What a grave mistake it was to move on a man who just two months ago told the world that this Carlton list was entering its premiership "window".

Broken-window-fallacy.jpg

I think you'll find that Jimmy Clement was a fairly useless forward at 19. Give Langdon a couple of years and he'll show that he's a lot harder/tougher than Mackie.
Don't like the Mackie comparison myself as Mackie is very outside and avoids body contact at all costs. Langdons not afraid to mix it. Shows similar composure etc granted.

I think he'll become a far more physical player then Mackie.

He's been a great find. I must say I underestimated our back line this year. How could you not? We were questioning if Maxy would be best 22. Keeffe was (seemingly) out of form. Toovey and Young were coming back from a year off. Fasolo was being trialled as a rebounding defender. Who was going to take kick outs?

The performance of the backs has blown me away and I'm rapt about it. Langdon is part of that. All of a sudden we have depth with real potential.

Don't like the Mackie comparison myself as Mackie is very outside and avoids body contact at all costs. Langdons not afraid to mix it. Shows similar composure etc granted.

I think he'll become a far more physical player then Mackie.
I think he has the potential, with a couple more pre-seasons, to be a Gibson type

Wayne Carey was having a dig at Langdon roughing up Daisy at the start of the game. He thought it was disrespectful. Well Carey when you can back it up with that performance you've got every right! Top stuff from one of our most promising young talents. Got a really good feeling about this kid.

I still can't believe what Carey said at the start of the game....

AND I QUOTE directly...

Darecy: "It's interesting that Bucks has sent a 7 game player to Daisy Thomas tonight"

Carey "I'm all for the physicality of a player going another player, but not a player that has just started (his career), going to a player that has been good (through his career)... I think it's a lack of respect"

Commetti: "Well what are you saying Wayne it stirs him up?"

Carey: "It certainly has that effect, but i just don't like to see it, I think you've been given a tough job, you're playing on a very good player, you don't have to stir him up anymore than you do, I think just do your job, just get on with the game"

I literally spat my beer out. Carey talking about respect? Seriously? What world does this guy live?

Firstly Carey... how about some respect to others - your ex premiership team mate, his missus and the other women you have bashed, shammed and glassed.

How the heck is this dirty dog even on a commentating panel.

He has no ******* clue but yeh channel seven continue to pay this clown for football appearances.

His comments are worthless.

Finally, Langdon shoved his comments straight back down his throat last night. It doesn't matter if you are a first game player or a two hundred game player, reputation counts for nothing.

Well done to the "7 gamer" in Langdon last night.

I don't understand people bringing up Careys mistakes from yesteryear. All very boring and petty. Don't agree with what he says? Then attack the argument. Don't respect the bloke? Why bother commenting in the first place?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back