LCHF- Low Carb / High-Healthy Fat lifestyle.

Remove this Banner Ad

It depends on what you are after. It is the minimum to maintain a healthy lifestyle, obviously weight training is also extremely beneficial for those that have the time and want to put in the effort. It is more important to raise your vo2 levels to extremes rather than do steady state cardio. Cereal Killers provides the best evidence.

I personally found that weight training twice a week and one HIIT session was the sweetspot. However I don't have the time now or the motivation to weight train and I am still in good shape with one HIIT session done in a fasted state to stimulate my nervous and respiratory system.

What does one HIIT session provide you with?

What does one HIIT session provide you with?
An intense load to my cardiovascular system that doesn't ruin my joints yet promotes the maintenance of my fitness and heart health. Also, boosting ketone production post workout to promote excess fat losses and clear any glycogen I have stored during the week - this works especially when performed fasted. Final benefit is a spike in testosterone levels and a good start to my weekend ;).

I'd be happy if people just cut out refined sugar and processed food.
Deserves quoting.
Even if people just reduce this portion of their diet and kept everything else I have no doubt they would feel better

Lurching from "all fat is evil" to "all carbs are evil" is not the answer.
No, it isn't - but aside from a few fundamentalists nobody is promoting that.
Lowering intake of something is not cutting it out completely - and some advocates for lowering processed carb intake (e.g. Lyle McDonald) advocate for 'refeeds' which are basically cheat meals once or twice per week.

No, it isn't - but aside from a few fundamentalists nobody is promoting that.
No part of this sentence makes any sense at all, aside from the bits that make sense.

Deserves quoting.
Even if people just reduce this portion of their diet and kept everything else I have no doubt they would feel better
And they may even do better than the % intake and calorie counters.

No part of this sentence makes any sense at all, aside from the bits that make sense.
Donald Rumsfeld represent!

And they may even do better than the % intake and calorie counters.
The best diet in the world is useless if someone can't stick to it - another argument against extreme dieting.

Deserves quoting.
Can't be right, can it? I mean, that's what dietitians would say, and apparently everything they say is wrong.

Can't be right, can it? I mean, that's what dietitians would say, and apparently everything they say is wrong.
Well, in fairness I don't have a book to sell

Deserves quoting.

Had a shocking weekend on the Lolly piss and carb meals.

Felt horrific last night & this morning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The article starts with a bold, definite claim in the headline then circles towards sensible claims like

Short bursts of exercise are just as good for you, perhaps better

and

The research on interval training—regardless of ultimate level of intensity—is encouraging.
How can you possibly be such a sour argumentative poster. You never contribute anything positive, I would hate to know you. Should rename yourself negative Nancy

How can you possibly be such a sour argumentative poster. You never contribute anything positive, I would hate to know you. Should rename yourself negative Nancy
In return I'd say it is sad that you aren't able to accept any criticism of your beliefs.

In return I'd say it is sad that you aren't able to accept any criticism of your beliefs.
Criticism is fine and I accept plenty of it. It is your downright negativity and outright superiority complex which grinds my gears.

Criticism is fine and I accept plenty of it. It is your downright negativity and outright superiority complex which grinds my gears.
I'm just countering the hype. And I don't see you accepting much criticism at all.

Telling people that one 15 minute HIIT session a week is all they need is pretty wide of the mark from even your own linked article.

The article opens with a catchy title then pulls way back until it says the work on HIIT is 'promising'. All well and good, but far from the specific claim made in the headline.

Do you want me to accept criticism by saying OK Chief you are right every time you make a point. Clearly LCHF is working for me so why do I need to accept criticism that heaps of people before you have already made in the last year and a half.

I think steady state cardio cops a bit too much flak sometimes. I personally enjoy it and find it very beneficial for fat loss.
See a lot of people at the pool aimlessly plugging out laps but not going overly quickly with constant breaks which is mostly a waste of time for mine.. Has to be one of the other imo, either swim a decent distance like 1km no stop at a reasonable rate, or if you are going to have breaks do a heap of 100-200m sprints or something.

Do you want me to accept criticism by saying OK Chief you are right every time you make a point. Clearly LCHF is working for me so why do I need to accept criticism that heaps of people before you have already made in the last year and a half.
Well you seem to play the man in response to criticism instead of defending your beliefs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back