macka6210

Senior List
Jan 31, 2007
Mandurah
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle
was just wanting to know (as ive got few beers riding on it ) travis clokes seems by far the best of the three brothers to play at collingwood. My question is Is he the youngest and do u think thatthe pies only picked the opther two who were handy to get to travis ??? this is because couldnt they brothers also have gone to richmond ?? would love to know what pies supports feel about this

was just wanting to know (as ive got few beers riding on it ) travis clokes seems by far the best of the three brothers to play at collingwood. My question is Is he the youngest and do u think thatthe pies only picked the opther two who were handy to get to travis ??? this is because couldnt they brothers also have gone to richmond ?? would love to know what pies supports feel about this

No, do you really think they could assess the ability of Travis when he was such a young age. There was a fellow by the name of Grae Grant from your neck of the woods who could really play in his youth, yet as he got older he faded into oblivion. Do you really think clubs would recruit on the assumption that a player is a gun at a young age? I don't think so.

That rumour is a load of crap. I would still have Jason Cloke on our list, to be honest, and Cameron too if he hadn't had his continuing shoulder problems.

Travis would have been 12 or 13 when Jason was drafted. Now the Collingwood recruiting department of that era were demonstrably capable of all sorts of craziness, but spending a 2nd round draft pick (thats how much F/S cost in those days) in the hopes that someones 13 year old brother would be good is a stretch - even for us!

There was always a hush hush secret that the youngest Cloke would be the most special.

No, do you really think they could assess the ability of Travis when he was such a young age. There was a fellow by the name of Grae Grant from your neck of the woods who could really play in his youth, yet as he got older he faded into oblivion. Do you really think clubs would recruit on the assumption that a player is a gun at a young age? I don't think so.
Have a look at the NSW scholarship program. The scouts have their eyes on players before they turn 14, so with a potential F/S in the pipeline, Collingwood would have definitely been watching him.

I know its not on topic but where is Grea Grant these days? I heard he was a massive collingwood supporter and wanted to get drafted by us. So just couldn't cut it when he didn't get drafted by us?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back