Lenny Hayes wins B&F

Remove this Banner Ad

Lenny has been my favourite non-Pie for a decade.

It actually grieves me that he has had to spend his entire career at a club like St Kilda. Poor bastard deserves so much more.

Bloody champion.

Much loved across the AFL, and for good reason.

Dempster is unlucky, had a terrific year, but Lenny defines the word champion.

I really don't get all the love for this bloke. Don't get me wrong, good player, maybe great...But fairly over rated imo.

You're entitled to your opinion but if you think he's overrated then you haven't watched him play much over the years.

Hayes would still be better than any midfielder on North's list.

The fact he won the Saints B&F is a good indication why they missed finals.

Is it? How?

We had plenty of improvement from our younger players this year with Geary, Armitage and Steven all finishing in the top 10 of our B&F and Dempster finished 3rd who has also improved enormously this year.

3 points between Lenny and Montagna
Amazes me really, Don't get me wrong an amazing comeback and played well but Sean Dempster was Saints best player all year.....Pitty he's a defender I guess.....and Montagna...Really!

Great player, and I love watching him play, but I would have thought Dempster probably was St Kilda's best and most consistent player this season.

Would be interested to know what exactly about him that Quivorir doesn't rate? Incredibly gutsy player, brutal tackler, excellent role model for all young players, his skills are perfectly adequate... could go on and on. Theres just nothing to hate or dislike about him really.

Funnily enough Ziebell is very comparable to a young Lenny Hayes, whether he can ever get to Hayes' standard and consistancy over a 10 year period is debateable, but I'd be surprsied if you thought that he was overrated?

He had a really consistent year so it was not a huge surprise that he won: either he or Dempster would have been deserving winners. Nothing surprises me with Lenny anymore. First year back from a reco and he played as if he hadn't missed a game. Absolute champion.

Used to play with a bloke who had a similar heart valve issue to Lenny and after surgery he said he felt a difference with his fitness so I would love it if Lenny is able to find a little bit more next year and win back-to-back B & F's.

Very consistant year from Lenny. Well done Lenny. Champion of the st kilda footy club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lenny has been my favourite non-Pie for a decade.

It actually grieves me that he has had to spend his entire career at a club like St Kilda. Poor bastard deserves so much more.

What, kinda like Buckley at Collingwood you mean?

I really don't get all the love for this bloke. Don't get me wrong, good player, maybe great...But fairly over rated imo.
If Shaun Atley becomes half the player Lenny Hayes is you will be lucky.

No one can take this away from Lenny.

images

A deserved accolade for a great player, but gee what a harsh reminder for what could've been...

Great player, and fantastic effort by Lenny

Guess it also shows how reliant they still are on the more senior players. No good youngsters coming through at St Kilda, and they could very well repeat their streak of spoons from the 80's soon

Guess it also shows how reliant they still are on the more senior players. No good youngsters coming through at St Kilda, and they could very well repeat their streak of spoons from the 80's soon
:rolleyes: Didn't note that Armitage, Geary and Steven all finished in the top 10?

Yet your team apparently playing for their sacked coach couldn't beat our "no good youngsters".

Blatant dig at a club in a thread about a player. :thumbsdown:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back