Gibbs stays - Who else do we throw the kitchen sink at?

Should he stay or should he go now?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

agree ... after today he can go

he should be dominating games like today .... if the crows or port want him take the draft pick

If Gibbs want to stay, then he needs to re-sign next week and commit. It's not helping the club with Gibbs in the leanest spell of his career. Appears to be affecting his game. Only have to consider his efforts against Port and Richmond last year with his tackling and contested possessions. His kick for goal was a shot by a man who looks like he's not all that interested in staying. Could usually kick that with his eyes closed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been saying it for a while but Gibbs can go. I wouldn't be paying him any more than 300k, we have made massive mistakes and Dale Thomas is one of those 700k for this dud. We are such a pathetic club, so ******* disappointed and angry.

Okay, I'm legitimately interested in the perspective of Frawley in regards to the future.

This has nothing to do with badmouthing Carlton by the way, but is instead a reflection on what Frawley would offer the club.

On one hand, you have Frawley, who would be a significant boon to most teams young KPP stocks going forward. He knows this, however he prefaced his lack of dedication to Melbourne as predicated on him not believing that Melbourne were dedicated to being a better squad.

He's now allegedly put a bounty on his head of 800k. Let's just say he IS worth that for his youth and upside, and IF he would accept that from Carlton, do you actually think that's the type of player you WANT for your club culturally? Do Carlton fans think it matters? Gibbs gets shti for looking like he doesn't care, but here's a player who prefaces one decision based on culture and success and then potentially acts hypocritically against that for more money.

I'm probably overstating Frawley's quotation, it's likely that he was told to say something along those lines. But when you're requiring a widespread cultural change (Which Mick will be pushing to bring in), is Frawley's youth and potential upside worth that?

This is being quite critical of Frawley more than anyone else...

His kick for goal was a shot by a man who looks like he's not all that interested in staying.
As Mick says the guy is contracted and paid well to perform this year irrespective of his intentions beyond that. Pathetic if he is taking the club for half a mil+ and happy to coast because he has made the decision to chase success rather than put in the hard yards to earn it. If anyone should be jumping ship it should be blokes like Simpson that has busted a gut his whole career for us, not someone perpetuating our issues.

The real issue is though, this attitude reflects the clubs as much as it does Gibbs' - him leaving doesn't fix the problem, it only makes way for another to learn and reflect those same attitudes from our club.

Genuine question but how many of you actually watch Carlton live?

I was at the game. Gibbs was our best player and ran harder than the majority of his teammates. One of the few who actually looked like he cared. The stats agree. 26 touches, 12 contested, 6 clearances, 6 tackles.

He's been in our best in 3 of the 4 games so far yet he's been made a scapegoat because he hasn't signed yet. Absolute garbage. Nobody's gonna stand out in a team that's struggling so badly but Gibbs is one of the few who's doing his part.

I was at the game. Gibbs was our best player and ran harder than the majority of his teammates. One of the few who actually looked like he cared. The stats agree. 26 touches, 12 contested, 6 clearances, 6 tackles.

He's been in our best in 3 of the 4 games so far yet he's been made a scapegoat because he hasn't signed yet. Absolute garbage. Nobody's gonna stand out in a team that's struggling so badly but Gibbs is one of the few who's doing his part.

Thank goodness for some objectivity. People mistake effort and heart with jumping kamikaze style at the contest like a Robinson..

Gibbs was the only one that showed any gut run to provide options for his team mates, who just jogged about.

If he wasn't a FA to be, he wouldn't be copping such undeserved flak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank goodness for some objectivity. People mistake effort and heart with jumping kamikaze style at the contest like a Robinson..

Gibbs was the only one that showed any gut run to provide options for his team mates, who just jogged about.

If he wasn't a FA to be, he wouldn't be copping such undeserved flak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You 2 geniuses wanna mention his short-step squib in the first quarter? I was there, I saw it, the stuff that brings your team to its knees. Wanna talk that stat?

You 2 geniuses wanna mention his short-step squib in the first quarter? I was there, I saw it, the stuff that brings your team to its knees. Wanna talk that stat?
it was a horrible moment from a member of the leadership group and speaks to the bigger issues with this team and i openly admit to being a gibbs defender with the guys i attend the footy with but that moment was inexcusable and sets a standard for the team.

You wanna quit with the condescension?

For the record, I missed the first 10 minutes of the game and have no idea what you're talking about.

But despite the overwhelmingly positive contribution that Bryce Gibbs had on the game, you choose to focus on one negative and criticise him for that. Nevermind the majority of his teammates providing next to nothing. Let's single out Gibbs because he's a number one draft pick and hasn't signed yet.

Definition of a scapegoat. Pretty sure.

agreed, 26 touches????? big deal he should be getting 35 a week

he ducks out of contests, he doesnt care he is a squibb

You wanna quit with the condescension?

For the record, I missed the first 10 minutes of the game and have no idea what you're talking about.

But despite the overwhelmingly positive contribution that Bryce Gibbs had on the game, you choose to focus on one negative and criticise him for that. Nevermind the majority of his teammates providing next to nothing. Let's single out Gibbs because he's a number one draft pick and hasn't signed yet.

Definition of a scapegoat. Pretty sure.
what about a supposed leader setting the standard early on that its ok to squib contests?

hes a front runner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back