Oppo Camp Let's talk about Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Number 10

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
There is so much going on right now that news is staggered and hasn't seemed to have painted the full picture in one article.

Can someone please explain just what has happened from start to finish? And what possible sanctions they may be looking at. Both Tippett and the club.

Well I think we all know this, but Adelaide are in big big trouble! Tippet could possibly be de-registered and his management may be in some strife.
It's been reported today that they AFL have taken computers and bank records for Adelaide as well as having Deloitte look into their books. So the investigation is well under way now.
Also, AFL aren't allowing Tippet to be traded today.
Really feel for Sando, his players and their supporters, would be quite frustrating to be in their position right now.

Same Primetime, In my office there's 3 crows supporters, a swans man and me. It's been a great week to rip on them! Love it
yeah quite a few fruit tingle fans here but in my are i have a hawk, port and myself just ripping into them. brilliant stuff.

So, what's the latest?

It seems as if Tippett may be de-registered for a year, or at best told he has to enter the pre season draft and end up at GWS (punishment enough:p).

Adelaide may be kicked out of the upcoming draft, and face a massive fine, although nothing has been confirmed.

Personally, from a Pies fan point of view, I hope Tippett ends up at a weaker team, and the Crows are thrown out of the draft, it will benefit us to no end, hurting both the Swans and Crows.

Be awesome if they get kicked out of the draft.
Picks 18, 19 and 20 then!
Or maybe we could trade them some s**t picks and players if they get kicked out and get their pick 20! :p

If Tippett does have to enter the draft, can he still put a price on his head or do the AFL set his wage?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think being kicked out of the draft is going to hurt them too badly, apparently they were only planning to use two live selections plus a rookie upgrade anyway. Financial fines might hurt more but given they such a strong club financially I doubt they will weather it pretty well I would imagine.

I'd rather not throw stones here.

This is the sort of situation where you hang a bunch of s**t, only to have your own club suddenly exposed through utter stupidity.

This is the sort of situation where you hang a bunch of s**t, only to have your own club suddenly exposed through utter stupidity.
I'm sure Eddie plays by the rules. Not like we have our players going on the footy show and what not ;)

It's so juicy though!!! Too hard to resist.

Makes Rendell's exit look so much smoother.

If they get penalised via the draft, his "sacking" may have been a blessing in disguise. :p

hope so for our sake, be a disaster for Adelaide as this poster noted:

I'd probably go with a F for Adelaide

Lost: Knights, Tippet, most likely lots of money & draft picks
Gained: Richmond Spud, AFL Investigation

Could have done a bit better I reckon ;)

if they lose pick 20 they have nothing in this years draft (next pick is 54), which looks to be fairly strong by all accounts

to have 18, 19, *20 and *38 + Lynch + Young + Russell in is a good result (* upgrade if Adelaide lost 20)

go pies :thumbsu:

Makes Rendell's exit look so much smoother.

If they get penalised via the draft, his "sacking" may have been a blessing in disguise. :p
Yep not only has he come to the most well resourced club, but his former team may also have s**t picks this year! All that work for nothing.

So am I right in saying there are 3 parties who can be penalised differently.

The club for salary cap breaching and undisclosed contracts which would rort the trade/draft.

Tippett for signing such and agreement and for receiving such money.

And tippetts management who may have their licence taken off them for being part of the deal.

10740785-spectators-eating-popcorn-at-the-movie-theater.jpg

Okay I understand that Adelaide can be sanctioned for this, but why Tippett? He can claim all he was doing was signing a contract to get the best deal for himself, he wasn't to know that the Crows didn't register it with the AFL for salary cap purposes?

Like the Melbourne Storm fiasco a few years back. Club felt the full effects but the players weren't penalised from what I can remember.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back