Rumour Lewis Jetta gone from Swans at years end

Remove this Banner Ad

I would do Brown for Jetta.

I don't know how much more we are going to get out of Brown and I think we can cope without him. If they are desperate for an experienced KPD it might work for both sides.

Edit: Not that I really know what's market value here for either side, I'm just surprised at the number of WCE people definitively saying they wouldn't give up Brown.

I would do Brown for Jetta.

I don't know how much more we are going to get out of Brown and I think we can cope without him. If they are desperate for an experienced KPD it might work for both sides.

Edit: Not that I really know what's market value here for either side, I'm just surprised at the number of WCE people definitively saying they wouldn't give up Brown.
Swans would want more than a second string undersized kpd coming off an acl for jetta

Swans would want more than a second string undersized kpd coming off an acl for jetta
That's not an accurate description of him.

Fair enough if you don't want him though. I wouldn't be desperate either, though it sounds like Jetta's stocks aren't anywhere near as high as they used to be either.

Fair enough if you don't want him though. I wouldn't be desperate either, though it sounds like Jetta's stocks aren't anywhere near as high as they used to be either.
The rumour is Jetta leaving because he wants more than we can offer. Which is pretty definitive proof his stocks are pretty high across the comp, because his manager will be comparing what he can get from us compared to what other clubs are "unofficially" saying they would pay for him. Given he's best 22 every day of the week with us, he'd get a run in pretty much every single team in the comp.

There must be demand, or his price wouldn't be so high, right?

Brown has never proven himself to be a sole kpd. As had the benefit of playing with two extraordinarily good defenders on glass and emac.

Obviously west coast wont break the bank to get him as you guys are flying, he does bring elite skills which (much like ourselves) are light on for

The rumour is Jetta leaving because he wants more than we can offer. Which is pretty definitive proof his stocks are pretty high across the comp, because his manager will be comparing what he can get from us compared to what other clubs are "unofficially" saying they would pay for him. Given he's best 22 every day of the week with us, he'd get a run in pretty much every single team in the comp.

Fair enough, though there is always a lot of smoke and mirrors with contract negotiations.

He is out of contract this year though right? I would think there is a fair chance if he decided to leave and money wasn't the only factor that he might nominate us. If he did, and you were in a compromised position as far as trading him goes, what would you realistically want in return?

Brown has never proven himself to be a sole kpd. As had the benefit of playing with two extraordinarily good defenders on glass and emac.

Obviously west coast wont break the bank to get him as you guys are flying, he does bring elite skills which (much like ourselves) are light on for
A guy that can pinpoint a pass 50m plus and run like the wind would be absolutely ideal on Subi. Kennedy and Darling leading for Jetta on the wing would be amazing. Is the new WA stadium going to be the same/similar dimensions as Subi?

Fair enough, though there is always a lot of smoke and mirrors with contract negotiations.

He is out of contract this year though right? I would think there is a fair chance if he decided to leave and money wasn't the only factor that he might nominate us. If he did, and you were in a compromised position as far as trading him goes, what would you realistically want in return?
I have a different opinion to most on the Swans board, in that i think we are OK player-wise, but what we really need are picks. With the new draft points system we need to get Mills and Dunkley (assuming he nominates us). We won't even be using the draft picks, they are just points. For example, something like pick 25+pick 32 is worth more points to us than pick 11, and with the 20% discount, would straight up buy us Mills if he was nominated at pick 7. So i could imagine the club might even take a mix of middle picks and pick upgrades, if Mills and Dunkley are the priority.

If not, some young KPD in the 195cm range who looks like they can make it at AFL level, plus some late picks. We can get by on the rucks we have for another year until the trade ban comes off, but if Richards goes down, we're in trouble, and he's not even playing as well as he has in previous seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A guy that can pinpoint a pass 50m plus and run like the wind would be absolutely ideal on Subi. Kennedy and Darling leading for Jetta on the wing would be amazing. Is the new WA stadium going to be the same/similar dimensions as Subi?
Supposedly 10m shorter and 8m wider, still marginally longer than the Melbourne grounds.

I have a different opinion to most on the Swans board, in that i think we are OK player-wise, but what we really need are picks. With the new draft points system we need to get Mills and Dunkley (assuming he nominates us). We won't even be using the draft picks, they are just points. For example, something like pick 25+pick 32 is worth more points to us than pick 11, and with the 20% discount, would straight up buy us Mills if he was nominated at pick 7. So i could imagine the club might even take a mix of middle picks and pick upgrades, if Mills and Dunkley are the priority.

If not, some young KPD in the 195cm range who looks like they can make it at AFL level, plus some late picks. We can get by on the rucks we have for another year until the trade ban comes off, but if Richards goes down, we're in trouble, and he's not even playing as well as he has in previous seasons.

The problem i see with picks is that they will be used on mills and dunkley. Id rather get a kpd or ruck for jetta and go into points deficit for mills and dunkley.

The problem i see with picks is that they will be used on mills and dunkley. Id rather get a kpd or ruck for jetta and go into points deficit for mills and dunkley.
I'd like a KPD too, but the ones i want are above the salary cutoff thanks to the AFL trade ban. I'd rather just get picks, get Mills and Dunkley with no points debt next year, and get a rough but serviceable KPD from the VFL or NEAFL via the rookie draft.

With Cola being phased out, Hannebry resigned, Buddy's contract and the need to resign Tippett, can't see where they have the money to pay him what he wants. Sydney will trade him for draft picks rather than a player I reckon, provides a little bit of salary cap space to keep someone else. Sure they'd love to keep him, but don't think he is a massive loss for them.

and because we will get reamed at the trade table because of the AFL's sanctions for not breaking any rules.

Could be one of 2 things:
- Manager/Lewis has seen the ridiculous contracts given to Buddy, Reid and Tippett and wants a piece, especially with COLA being scaled back. or
- What he wants is reasonable, but with Hannebery, Jack, Kennedy, Parker etc the well is getting dry.

Either way, it was bound to happen. Whilst Jetta is probably one of the guys you'd least like to lose, as you lack outside speed, he is also outside your top 5-10 players I would think. (maybe just inside top 10) Therefore he is probably expendable with Heeney and the other academy guys coming in.

Trade ban is going to hurt. Good luck fitting in a key defender or ruck on 300k or whatever it is.

I'd have interest in Lycett and McInnes if I were a Sydney fan but I imagine West Coast would be keen to keep both.

Could be one of 2 things:
- Manager/Lewis has seen the ridiculous contracts given to Buddy, Reid and Tippett and wants a piece, especially with COLA being scaled back. or
- What he wants is reasonable, but with Hannebery, Jack, Kennedy, Parker etc the well is getting dry.

Either way, it was bound to happen. Whilst Jetta is probably one of the guys you'd least like to lose, as you lack outside speed, he is also outside your top 5-10 players I would think. (maybe just inside top 10) Therefore he is probably expendable with Heeney and the other academy guys coming in.
It's probably a bit of both, but mostly, i think there are a bunch of clubs who are looking for quality players and have the cap space to pay. Clubs like Carlton, Brisbane, Melbourne... they've had a lot of potatos on their lists for years, and have room for signings. Paying more for good players doesn't worry them, as they simply aren't in any sort of cap squeeze. It's how the cap was supposed to work, with players being squeezed out of top teams by lower ranked clubs who can afford to pay more to get talent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back