Rumour Lewis Jetta gone from Swans at years end

Remove this Banner Ad

WCE wouldnt break the bank for Jetta and he's bound to nominate which would kill Sydneys hope of fair trade. At very best our 2nd and a very fringe player might go to Sydney.

Our rucks wont go anywhere not even Lycett. Might get a yound KP that we dont rate.
These are the situations where clubs should have the ability to trade players to a club of its choice rather than the players. Whats the point of FA if players can dictate where they play if they are out of contract

Carlisle and Ess 2nd round for Jetta and Swans 1st round.
Would Carlisle expect more than $350 000? If so, we can't trade for him.

And tell me more about this ASADA thing.

I'd steer clear of Bombers until we know the final outcome.

That is basically Carlisle for sydneys 1st pick....and Jetta for Essendons 2nd pick...
That could work.
i would not be opposed to that.

Esp if sydney could do us a favour and not make the GF :)
except we aren't targeting players outside of rucks (i believe) and Carlisle is either not leaving Essendon, or almost certainly not leaving Melbourne.
Doubt he'd even go as far as Geelong.

Pies, Tigers, Blues, Saints, Dogs, Dees or Hawks for Jake...or Essendon on some good coin (my theory is we are waiting to see exactly how much cash we will have left for him - expecting a deal done during the finals)

Carlisle and Ess 2nd round for Jetta and Swans 1st round.

Would be great but Carlisle is likely already on 500k+ a year and we can't recruit any player over 350k a year.
Our first round pick (and more) is also needed for Callum Mills and possibly Josh Dunkley.

Would Carlisle expect more than $350 000? If so, we can't trade for him.

And tell me more about this ASADA thing.

I'd steer clear of Bombers until we know the final outcome.
Yes you'd expect most clubs to steer clear of Essendon trades before player status becomes certain.

There is Freo aswell in WA you know, why is he link to us. Freo probably have more to offer. I wouldn't trade for him. I don't want to get rid of anyone for Jetta who I don't see the need for in our list. Not what we need.

Eagles won't pay overs for Jetta. The game plan and list is in good shape and is playing a team oriented gameplan not relying on one or two individuals.

Jetta would add something to our mix though so would be considered and improve us.

Swans can only trade in a player on average / below average wages though due to the COLA phase out rule.

Colledge could come into a trade scenario. He's a ex 2nd round pick who continues to rack up big stats in the WAFL and is a 192cm mid / half forward. Forces his way into the side but can't cement his spot.

Colledge + a pick for Jetta?

Swans would want Sinclair but we wouldn't want to do that.

If Jetta does end up an Eagle it will be on the Eagles terms.

End of the day is Swans need picks to pay for academy kids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eagles won't pay overs for Jetta. The game plan and list is in good shape and is playing a team oriented gameplan not relying on one or two individuals.

Jetta would add something to our mix though so would be considered and improve us.

Swans can only trade in a player on average / below average wages though due to the COLA phase out rule.

Colledge could come into a trade scenario. He's a ex 2nd round pick who continues to rack up big stats in the WAFL and is a 192cm mid / half forward. Forces his way into the side but can't cement his spot.

Colledge + a pick for Jetta?

Swans would want Sinclair but we wouldn't want to do that.

If Jetta does end up an Eagle it will be on the Eagles terms.

End of the day is Swans need picks to pay for academy kids.
We can go into points deficit next year so the picks wont be the be all and end all. There will be other teams interested so the eagles wont have it their own way

The crows would love him at the right price ... he would look great tearing up the wing at AO .

There is Freo aswell in WA you know, why is he link to us. Freo probably have more to offer. I wouldn't trade for him. I don't want to get rid of anyone for Jetta who I don't see the need for in our list. Not what we need.
Bingo.

With the emergence of Pearce, Freo probably have Alex Silvagni to offer, who is very underrated.

Apparently he is in negotiations with the swans but the cant get to the same money. This tells me that if he is open to leaving, it may not be just to a wa team, but whoever wants to pay him the most.

His weak effort on Saturday night wont have helped his cause. Im really not sure what he brings. He can kick a long way, but is often inaccurate. He can run, but so can half the comp. His highlight reel involves outrunning Rioli (who has never been the fastest runner at Hawthorn) and then kicking a behind in a Grand Final.

We can go into points deficit next year so the picks wont be the be all and end all. There will be other teams interested so the eagles wont have it their own way

As I said the Eagles won't pay overs. They aren't desperate for Jetta's services. List and game plan in good shape so why would they pay overs for a player who is just better than average.

Jetta isn't a superstar.

If he nominates the Eagles then the Swans get what they can.

Do the Swans have a replacement for Jetta waiting in the wings?

Do the Swans have a replacement for Jetta waiting in the wings?

Not quite the same but one of the North posters said they (the Swans) and Lindsay Thomas are becoming fond of one another.

These are the situations where clubs should have the ability to trade players to a club of its choice rather than the players. Whats the point of FA if players can dictate where they play if they are out of contract

Isn't that exactly the point of FA? If I'm out of contract at my work, why should they have ANY input into my next job?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back