Libya to dismantle WMD program

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Tim56
Japan got what was coming to them. It saved Allied lives, and that was the only consideration necessary.
Such a glib dismissal of the use of nuclear weapons. But then if the Germans got nuclear weapons before the U.S., you'd be saying the same thing about the nuking of New York (only in German). How about the firebombing of Dresden, Timbo? Did they get what was coming to them as well?

I'm not defending use of chemical weapons in Nam, but every US foreign policy of the last 50 years doesn't matter.
So in your eyes, the U.S. can do whatever they please?

I have heard that particular argument, but it could not possibly considered reasonable.

Have you?

As a man of usually very long posts, what's your understanding of this "particular" and "not... reasonable" argument?

As someone who has studied Japanese War Cabinet documents and US State Dept documents, I look forward to your reply with interest.

Such a glib dismissal of the use of nuclear weapons. But then if the Germans got nuclear weapons before the U.S., you'd be saying the same thing about the nuking of New York (only in German). How about the firebombing of Dresden, Timbo? Did they get what was coming to them as well?

Actually, no, I'm not a Nazi. Your inability to make any kind of moral judgment as to the legitimacy of a cause is disgusting. Your equal comparison of the US, Japan and Germany in WW2 is an insult to those who died at the hands of the barbaric regimes of Imperial Japan and Nazi Germany.

So in your eyes, the U.S. can do whatever they please?

They most certainly can, and in most cases should.

Edit (my own): Remove abuse.

quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
And to avoid giving you any wrong impressions, I agree that Japan's actions in Asia NB in China & Korea were appalling.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Between you and me, we all know it was America's fault, don't we?

This has to be one of silliest posts I've read on this board.

Well done, Tim, how have I suggested that the Japanese actions from 1905 - 1940 were America's fault?

Frankly, I don't like woolly headed posts as much as I presume you do, and I've read some good posts from you based (it seems) on facts.

But this was not your best post.

Tim 56:

Same goes for the idiotic, deranged, sub-human, intellectual ****bucket, and Japanese/Nazi symapthiser who suggested that the US started WW2. You must be genetically screwed up or have had an abusive childhood to go around talking complete and utter **** like that.

Fantastic stuff, Tim, I presume you are referring to me.

For starters, you are careless - I was talking about the war in the Pacific between the Japanese and the USA, not WW2.

Sloppy. And BTW, what was the war in the Pacific fundamentally about?

"idiotic, deranged, sub-human" - lovely stuff, you've never met me. But subjective stuff, if nasty, so fair enough if you want to post such bile.

"intellectual ****bucket" - let's compare notes - I've studied modern Japanese history at the Asian Studies Faculty at ANU in 1986, one of Australia's leading faculties at that time with a noted academic - he was Australian but born and raised in Japan.

How about you?

"A Nazi sympathsiser... " who is "genetically screwed up".

Nice one, Tim, I'm half Jewish and have no truck with Nazis. Ever been to a concentration camp, Tim? Ever had you your relatives fleeing persecution across Europe or gassed like dogs? I have.

You've done very well tonight. As another poster put it, you are genuinely a nice piece of work.

I don't really care what bile you post, but you carry on with such authority about so many subjects. And before this, quite a few of your posts seemed to be actually credible to me. I don't pretend to be expert on many things posted here, and I don't have time with my work to put up such long posts as yourself, or grab self serving quotes from somewhere on the net.

But it's interesting that when we cross swords about some things, such as WW2 military history, that I do know a lot about frankly Tim, you don't cut the mustard.

What I said was out of order. I apologise.

Apology noted. Thank you.

However, I honestly did not see your apology before I responded to your earlier post - it took time to compose my response as I so incensed about what you had said about me.

Don't get me wrong - I've had crap posted about me in the past and it will happen again in the future - I live in Rat City where life is hard in a rat colony and I come upon this sort of crap all the time. Bile is expected in life.

But perhaps I expected a little more from someone who seems to rely upon facts and clear thinking, rather than playing the man.

Anytime you want to have a robust discussion about WW2 history, I'm ready.

Merry Christmas.

Originally posted by Milkman
Forget Lybia, these are the real WMD:

http://www.bushflash.com/nuke.html

I'm not aware of the Nuclear buildup quoted in this flash prgram, but I wouldn't say this is a bad thing. For those that don't think the build up of arms have an effect on maintaining peace or winning a confilict without their use needs to read "Reagan's War". It goes into intimate detail of Reagan's 40 year war against communism going back to his days in fighting against the communist funded unions of Hollywood. It quotes numerous soviet party members and how they felt about Reagan. It was Reagan who put the Soviets on the back foot because they realized they weren't dealing with a patsy like Carter, Ford, Nixon, Johnson or to a lesser extent Kennedy.

What you people don't seem to realize is that everytime someone protests nuclear arms or military build-ups, it works in Bush's favor. It get's the point out there that we have this capability. If you want to go and hide in a mountain cave we have the capability to reach you.

If you're concerned Bush is going to drop one of these in the middle of Tehran or Tripoli perhaps you need a stronger drug.

Originally posted by Dry Rot
Apology noted. Thank you.

However, I honestly did not see your apology before I responded to your earlier post - it took time to compose my response as I so incensed about what you had said about me.

Don't get me wrong - I've had crap posted about me in the past and it will happen again in the future - I live in Rat City where life is hard in a rat colony and I come upon this sort of crap all the time. Bile is expected in life.

But perhaps I expected a little more from someone who seems to rely upon facts and clear thinking, rather than playing the man.

Anytime you want to have a robust discussion about WW2 history, I'm ready.

Merry Christmas.

Playing the man and not the ball is never warranted, and you were justified in your criticisms- what I said was offensive and stupid. Again, I apologise. I'm off for a while, but when I come back I'm happy to have a chat about WW2.

Merry Christmas to you as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by FootyontheBrain

What you people don't seem to realize is that everytime someone protests nuclear arms or military build-ups, it works in Bush's favor. It get's the point out there that we have this capability. If you want to go and hide in a mountain cave we have the capability to reach you.

Intimidation doesn't work with terrorists, it only provokes them. Does history count for nothing?

Originally posted by FootyontheBrain
If you want to go and hide in a mountain cave we have the capability to reach you.

Unless you're Osama Bin Laden of course, the only guy in a cave i'm aware of, which the U.S is trying to catch.

Originally posted by GuruJane
Well, he was a jew.

Then it was not surprising that he (a) knew all about PH before the attack (b) connived for it to happen and (c) then used it as an excuse to take US into the European war.

I mean, isn't this what the jews did re 9/11? Isn't this what they always do? After all, they control Hollywood. What more evidence do you need? Ask Ah_19 and Lestat - am sure they'll agree.

Originally posted by GuruJane
Then it was not surprising that he (a) knew all about PH before the attack (b) connived for it to happen and (c) then used it as an excuse to take US into the European war.

I mean, isn't this what the jews did re 9/11? Isn't this what they always do? After all, they control Hollywood. What more evidence do you need? Ask Ah_19 and Lestat - am sure they'll agree.

Golly, answering your own posts, not getting enough recognition of our witticisms are we?

Originally posted by Jim Boy
Golly, answering your own posts, not getting enough recognition of our witticisms are we?

Don't be pathetic. It's too close to Christmas. I was answering Dry Rot and Lenny&Carl as I'm sure they realise.

Well well Libya....

So peaceful diplomacy can work.

Amazing isn't it...are we listening and learning neo cons?

(Although given Gaddafi's at times questionable human rights record shouldn't our humanitarian ideals defending neo cons be clamouring for an invasion to liberate those poor libyans? Consistency? Of course not!!?)

I failed to see this early Xmas present from my favourite little B!

Originally posted by Dippers Donuts
Well well Libya....

I thought this was a clever and subtle pun... until I looked at the author's name.

Think about it...

Kicking yourself ain't ya?

So peaceful diplomacy can work.

Amazing isn't it...are we listening and learning neo cons?

In all my time on this board I dont' think I've come across a more willfully myopic and ludicrous analysis of global political events.

But then I read on - and it is here that we get a small insight into what really goes on in Dippers Donuts' head:

(Although given Gaddafi's at times questionable human rights record

"At times"???

"Questionable"???

(this is when I really knew I was gonna enjoy this post!)

Only in the tortured world of pseudo-left nihilist could such a caveat be placed on Libya's human rights record.

It is in this tortured world where atrocity can, and must, be apologised for - unless there's an automatic acknowledgement that the West (read: US/Israel) is also as, if not more, culpable, in this area...

But it gets better!!!

shouldn't our humanitarian ideals defending neo cons be clamouring for an invasion to liberate those poor libyans?

So let's get this right -

Firstly DD praises with faint damn, Libya's human rights record...

Then suggests that the all-encompassing "neo-cons" (which appears to be anybody who "defends humanitarian ideals) should ignore the fact that: a) a peaceful diplomatic solution has been found, and b) that Gaddafi's human rights record was only "at times questionable"!!??

I thought it was all about WMD, DD?! :D :D

Cos if it was about "defending humanitarian ideals" you have some serious explaining to do about your stance on Iraq!

Or would you have rejected out of hand the Iraq war on "humanitarian" reasons???

Consistency? Of course not!!?)

Ooooh... let he who is without liquidity cast the first stone!

Now...

Why don't you tell us how you really feel about Libya's announcement?

Of course by now the pseuds in the media will have provided a more credible response than this tortured farce of a post that not only makes you look like a desperate man clinging to non-existent values (oh, ****, something good has happened and no one's told me how to spin it yet, panic...), but also like a warmonger who'd prefer conflict over having his pitiful illusions and hypocricies exposed for what they are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back