Like to have a punt?

Remove this Banner Ad

I know it doesn't count telling you now, but I backed Playing God and Mighty Rossa, making it a decent day for me, even though everyone else on the face of the earth backed the same horses. Hadabeclorka? I've always been a fan but even I rated it no chance. One helluva run though. At the turn I could've sworn it was going to be all King Kool Kat. Whatever they've done to that horse must be illegal or immoral. It's a real go-er now and I thought it was very ordinary at best in the past.

I know it doesn't count telling you now, but I backed Playing God and Mighty Rossa, making it a decent day for me, even though everyone else on the face of the earth backed the same horses. Hadabeclorka? I've always been a fan but even I rated it no chance. One helluva run though. At the turn I could've sworn it was going to be all King Kool Kat. Whatever they've done to that horse must be illegal or immoral. It's a real go-er now and I thought it was very ordinary at best in the past.

Haha, I backed Hadabeclorka, but took fixed $34 on thursday! It's lead up runs were good enough, but make no mistake it took massive short cuts yesterday and is far from the best horse in that race. I set my own prices, and I had it at $17 so I had to back it, but felt like a right knob when it paid $52 on the tote.

The thing with KKK Kev is that it's always had very bad feet and raced with bar shoes it's entire career, there are a few articles on the web regarding how many lengths bar shoes cost a horse, varies between 2 and 5 lengths. The bar shoes literally went off before it's first trial leading into it's 6 straight wins. Horses rarely win with bar shoes on.

Haha, I backed Hadabeclorka, but took fixed $34 on thursday! It's lead up runs were good enough, but make no mistake it took massive short cuts yesterday and is far from the best horse in that race. I set my own prices, and I had it at $17 so I had to back it, but felt like a right knob when it paid $52 on the tote.

The thing with KKK Kev is that it's always had very bad feet and raced with bar shoes it's entire career, there are a few articles on the web regarding how many lengths bar shoes cost a horse, varies between 2 and 5 lengths. The bar shoes literally went off before it's first trial leading into it's 6 straight wins. Horses rarely win with bar shoes on.

I had KKK each way, then was looking for a roughie to throw a place bet onto and found the form of Hadabeclorka too good to ignore. Looked at the old Sportsbet account and it was $68 ($27 fixed odds) and $10 for the place so just loaded up on it to run a place, didnt think with the others in the race it could get past them and win. Was spewing when I seen it screaming up the inside. Had nothing on the Win :( could have cried.

Cheers for that summer, interesting to know. And bad luck for not picking the win, pistol. One that got away!

I like a few tomorrow that look like going out at decent prices.

PR5 - West River Charley
PR6 - Black Felix
PR7 - Famous Roman
PR9 - Swan Bee

I think Grand Platz almost would win the last if it got a start. Casanova Jack could be a sneaky chance for a place, too. Famous Roman is not allowed to go out at overs AGAIN. Jeez... $8? That's incredible value for the horse which has been consistently brilliant in the best races of the season. Don't get me wrong, the favourite Playing God will run a hell of a race, but it's only beaten the three year olds so far. I remember writing off a little horse called Megatic in this same race a few years back for the same reason though and he made me look a bit silly in the end.

Cheers for that summer, interesting to know. And bad luck for not picking the win, pistol. One that got away!

I like a few tomorrow that look like going out at decent prices.

PR5 - West River Charley
PR6 - Black Felix
PR7 - Famous Roman
PR9 - Swan Bee

I think Grand Platz almost would win the last if it got a start. Casanova Jack could be a sneaky chance for a place, too. Famous Roman is not allowed to go out at overs AGAIN. Jeez... $8? That's incredible value for the horse which has been consistently brilliant in the best races of the season. Don't get me wrong, the favourite Playing God will run a hell of a race, but it's only beaten the three year olds so far. I remember writing off a little horse called Megatic in this same race a few years back for the same reason though and he made me look a bit silly in the end.

Army Miss kev? Was that yours?

Army Miss kev? Was that yours?

Yeah mate, she's ours. I didn't make it down to Bunbury today and missed the race, but looks like she got up in a Brent Larsson quinella. I thought Brooki Diva might have her measure TBH, but good to see Missy get up.

Wish I had tipped it at $7.20 but I really haven't heard much out of the stable lately. Sorry lads!

Yeah mate, she's ours. I didn't make it down to Bunbury today and missed the race, but looks like she got up in a Brent Larsson quinella. I thought Brooki Diva might have her measure TBH, but good to see Missy get up.

Wish I had tipped it at $7.20 but I really haven't heard much out of the stable lately. Sorry lads!

Happy to see it win! Threatened a lot recently, so good to see it get there. Brooki Diva was coming strong though!

Guys, are you in the business professionally or just punters?

For me personally, I'm just a punter (I think the quality of my tips proves as much!) but my family and some close family friends have a racing syndicate which owns Army Miss and another horse, Shameless Hussy. We previously also had Rich And Wild and Stormy Time. The Hussy is currently leased to another trainer down Esperance way, I'm not sure when she's due back. Missy had a win on Sunday at Bunbury and will probably be going around at Bunbury again in about two weeks time before looking to midweek Ascot meetings.

Pistol, I have no idea where to start. You could look into bloodstock agents to try and get some help, apparently they are pretty good for registering syndicates and helping to choose a horse and trainer. The best way is to get to know a good trainer personally, but obviously that's not always easy to do!

My dad and I have always talked about getting a struggling horse from down south to race in Roebourne. It's always seemed a bit too hard though.

Anyone got any insights for Perth Cup day?
I like Grand Jardin in Race 6 but beyond that not too sure. Will either be at Ascot or at the pub watching so would love some tips from the experts...

Only done the first four races,

Race 1: Final Cut, Dual City, Turanza, Kemilee, Bim Bom Bay

Race 2: Canardly Miss, Money Exchange ------------ Little Grey Teapot

Race 3: Northerly Gale, Young 'n' Flirty, Head For Heights, Turfstar

Race 4: Manila I Scream, Sound Barrier, Villagio, Top Gallant, Mystic Hour

Very keen on Canardly Miss!

Yet to do the Perth Cup, but have been very keen on Big Ted the last few runs. Without doing the race, I think it's between Western Jewel and Big Ted.

I like Manilla I Scream too.

Big Ted each way in the cup. Colour Correct just beat him last start when they both ran with 59kg this time Teddy has 5kg's less than CC. Ranger still too short IMO but will have it in my trifecta's.

Thanks for the tip on Canardlymiss, I'll get on. Currently $4.20 fixed odds centrebet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Manilla I Scream too.
Stongly agree - best of the day for mine ... only worry is a mare in the heat, but should win with a leg in the air.

Big Ted each way in the cup. Colour Correct just beat him last start when they both ran with 59kg this time Teddy has 5kg's less than CC. Ranger still too short IMO but will have it in my trifecta's.
Yes, big ted's last start was MASSIVE.

Im liking Guyno personally, the shades on go and loves the 2400 ... but its a bit of a raffle with all of the peter's horses (tranquillity, ranger and western jewel) also have massive claims.

Thanks for the tip on Canardlymiss, I'll get on. Currently $4.20 fixed odds centrebet.
Also a fan - little grey teapot tho has to be a major danger, beaten canardly miss home twice in a row last 2 starts.

Have had a tickle at stupid odds on rich success who'll go to the front and lead, has won over 2500 @ the valley and beat Vigor as a 3yo (!!) ... but fixed 251/51 i plunged a massive 5 EW ;)

Also keep a close eye on Aliento - got massive mail last start and had a 50 on it which saluted at 17s if you dont mind ... and expect a similar front running showing, and with the rail at true think you need to be handy to have any real chance tomorrow.

Final cut's trail was ultra impressive, so will also have a crack at that first up ... maybe an all up with northerly gale to line my pockets for later!

Cheers gents, good luck and happy new year

The day started well with Canardly and Northerly getting up but Manilla missed out then it went downhill rapidly from there.

Yeah, the day rested on Delta Bay and Werd for me.

If you want to see an all-star WA jockey showcase, then we should probably never view that Perth Cup again, I can't even count how many horses were butchered in running.

I keep thinking about how much Brother Mak would have won by!

Race 1: Miss Safari, Dual City, Make Me Blush and Ningaloo Blitz

Race 2: No way

Race 3: Rocky Range, Striking Guru, One Cool Queen and The Pudge

Race 4: Big Hold Up, Arctic Waters, Grand Platz, Secret Enigma and Philby

Race 5: New Time (best of the day) Hot Tamale (great quinella) Mister Moneypenny, Carbine Street, Trade Watch and Sound System

Race 6: Leanonus, The Entourage, Gold Rocks, See A Victory, Siamese Cat and Chopin (best mad bet)

Race 7: Elle Choisit, Secret Ruler, Frenchman, Mission Control, Saytorio, Two Time and Amberstroem (dates really likes it) and Cavallino (dad really likes it) don't like either of those last two,

Race 8: Kenmarette, Speech Room, Puerto Galera, Like Wildfire, Lexdane and Intrigued.

Best of the day, New Time, Rocky Range and Arctic Waters E/W

Like the quinella, New Time - Hot Tamale, and Leanonus - The Entourage

What was the reason for the protest in the last, did Kenmarette shift in? Channel 519 on foxtel has been shithouse.

I had a bit of money on Kenny so not happy. :mad:

What was the reason for the protest in the last, did Kenmarette shift in? Channel 519 on foxtel has been shithouse.

I had a bit of money on Kenny so not happy. :mad:
If it makes you feel better, me and 3 mates had a full unit of the quaddie, with both kenmarette and born to be bad in - $800 if kenmarette wins (which i also was on for the win pre post) and $4900 for Born to be bad.

longest 35 mins i can remember waiting for the result - but we certainly celebrated it well ... i think.

And yeah kenmarette laid in - and given the nostril margin, definately should have been upheld

Well thanks for the tips Judas....

Out of interest, how many horses did you have in the last? Because I just had a look online and only 6 of 16 runners were at longer odds than Born To be Bad so if you only had 2 or 3 outs then that's great work.

When you get the first 3 in the quaddie are you tempted to back a few for the win that aren't in your quaddie? I don't do quaddie's often but about 6 months ago I got the first 3 legs and had 4 horses in the last and figured there were 6 horses that could win so plonked $200 on the other two then something won at $43. :(

Nice work Kuepper. :thumbsu:

haha, sorry mate

Was having beers with 3 mates and we all pay attention and do the form - most weeks we'll have a quaddie - got one last year when afghani won at belmont which paid 8k, and we had 200% between 5 - great day!

As for born to be bad, truth is the one of the lads who knows sod all wanted it in - so no skill to that!!

We had 4 in the last - the two i mentioned, something that was equally long (whose name escapes me) and the second fave.

We've been discussing starting a punters club - so everyone puts in say $200 and then we go after local quaddie and quarter jackpots - saturdays mainly, occasional midweek - just everyone puts up there 2 or 3 a race, and then we combine.

if you, or any other racing types here want in, will let you know if has legs?

Excellent.

Well I went and checked - and screeenshot for reference:

63e8r8k549x9osgmnqzr.jpg
edit, seems to shrink it, click here:

http://freeebayimagehost.com/images/63e8r8k549x9osgmnqzr.jpg

The first leg we nailed the first 4, and as mentioned had the quinella in the last - didnt scan the other legs.

I'll let you know, just chatting to some mates now - was thinking something like you get 6 points per race, so could choose 6 horses with 1 each, give all 6 to one horse, or anything imbetween.

Then we simply set a threshold like 4 points for a horse to be included, and we're away.

Feedback appreciated - just chucking around ideas.

if keen, PM me your email and ill chat there :)

I am generally not a punter. I have always thought gambling is a mugs game....but.

Prior to the Ashes, I could believe that Australia were favourites. I know that history suggested Australia normally beats England over here but England were in good form, were preparing well and Aus were in dissarray. I could not see where Australia were going to get their wickets from so I decided to back England. ( I am a pom - would never have bet against them !) I started an account online at 365bet who were offering 19/10 for England to win the series.

I tried to back England at $30 but I thought I kept messing it up and I had done it 3 times for a $90 stake. 3 x $87 for the payout of $261. Gambling is not such a mugs game after all.

I saw that Australia were playing India in the soccer at unbackable odds. I put $200 on them to win for a return of $12.50. I felt good about the whole thing and decided to try one of the line bets on the one dayer v the PMs 11. Bell and Pietersen were batting well and I thought a $20 bet to score more than 5.5 was ok. Made $14.50 on that one.

I backed the Celtics to beat the Rockets yesterday and lost $20 - stupidly letting my heart rule my head (although I did expect them to win as the Rockets were on a 5 game losing streak.

I also have $50 on England to win the 6 Nations at rugby later this year and (don't laugh) $50 on Fremantle to win the GF at 16/1.

It is still a mugs game but I will have a pop every now and then. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back