Like to have a punt?

Remove this Banner Ad

We've been discussing starting a punters club - so everyone puts in say $200 and then we go after local quaddie and quarter jackpots - saturdays mainly, occasional midweek - just everyone puts up there 2 or 3 a race, and then we combine.

if you, or any other racing types here want in, will let you know if has legs?

Probably difficult for me to chip in from interstate mate but happy to exchange email addresses and follow your tips if you end up getting a punters club off the ground.

Not that my few measly dollars would make a difference anyway, but reassuring for you none the less that my stake won't affect your portion of the winning pool since I'll be collecting my (regular) winnings from the NSW-TAB.

I am generally not a punter. I have always thought gambling is a mugs game....but.

It is still a mugs game but I will have a pop every now and then. :D

Betting on horses is definately a mugs game Jim unless you're like Kuepper and a few others here that follow the races closely each week and study the form. I'm far too slack to do that but enjoy having a punt most weekends regardless. The 3 hour time difference has also made it difficult for me to follow Perth races as closely as I used to. I live 600 metres from Randwick racecourse but have only been a few times and haven't really got into Sydney racing at this stage. Maybe in the autumn when there's a bunch of group one's over here I'll get more involved.

Sports bettings a different kettle of fish though, there's plenty of money to be made if you're a sports nut like many who post here regardless of whether you bet every weekend or half a dozen times a year. Link 2 teams at $1.40 and you double your money, and 4 legs at $1.40 and you make almost 300% profit.

Race 1: Final Cut, Don't Give A Star, Screaming Plum and Youbetya (certain this is going to be super-star, probably not suited at this trip)

Race 2: Manila I Scream, Money Exchange, Simply Adorable

Race 3: Henry De Horse, Werd, Electric General

Race 4: Charmoss, Head For Heights, Manahara

Race 5: Canardly Miss, Vain Strike, Warburg, Jara

Race 6: Significant (best) Grand Platz, Go Buster, Catcorp

Race 7: Luckygray, Kim Classic, Playcidium Mint, Dreamaway, Lauradane and Easi Cummins

Race 8: Euclassy Thing, Follow The Road, Delta Bay, Oscar Wildly, Simplyirresistible, Utility and mad selections in Pearler and Danamoss

And for moi the ones who should be in the finish in each race:

1. First Cut for me

2. Rich Success, Simply Adoreable, Manilla i scream

3. Henry de Horse, Golden heart, Werd

4. Charmoss, Head for the Heights, Princess Vivien

5. Vain Strike, Canardly Miss, Volcanic Causeway

6. Grand Platz, Go Buster, Secret Enigma

7. Lauradane, Time to Climb, Absolute Pleasure

8. Oscar Wildly, Milken Whiskey, Simply Irresistible, With a flourish

The last race is a raffle, could have listed most of them.

No real order or time spent, just the top few for your multiples. Unless of course the one I wrote first wins, in that case I definately meant it :thumbsu:

Cheers and good luck

Well its been far too long so thought woudl bump this thread - hows the punt been going lads?

I see playing god is running around in the Australian Guineas on the weekend, drawn 3 and has the great man Brett Prebble aboard.

Currently can 7's+ fixed, and for mine thats big overs from a proven G1 Horse - so get on!

My $50 on England to win the 6 Nations is on track.

We have to beat Scotland at home then Ireland in Dublin which will be a tough game.

Almost as tough as beating Ireland in a one day match at the cricket World Cup :eek:

Well its been far too long so thought woudl bump this thread - hows the punt been going lads?

I see playing god is running around in the Australian Guineas on the weekend, drawn 3 and has the great man Brett Prebble aboard.

Currently can 7's+ fixed, and for mine thats big overs from a proven G1 Horse - so get on!

I like the look of Playing God - has shortened since your post Kuepper. Tough race to pick though...

I had a shocking month, then hit a real hot streak the last 1.5 weeks.

Won't bother putting my tips here because it's probably cursed and I'll go ice cold, nah, I'll put them up.

Race 1:

Crosswise, Afghani and Changing Lanes

Race 2:

Rock Moves, Hot Tamale and Cold Handel

Race 3:

Hartley's Hangover, Don't Give A Star, Rebel Call and Pins Of Darkness

Race 4:

Campobello, Ringmeister, Once A Week and Zuboyne

Race 5:

Steam On, Philby and Catcorp

Race 6:

Flying Affair, Western Fever, Night War, El Costa Mar and Almachino

Race 7:

The Tenby Friar, Lauradane, Big Josh, The Widder and Rhythm Man

Race 8:

Jay Jay Makster, Mabel Grace, Leanonus and I'm Here To Win/The Entourage

Best of the day is probably 'Steam On' not overly keen on much tomorrow, probably most interest in 'Almachino' at the $51

There's a few I like -
MR 1 Golden Archer
MR 6 Playing God
PR 2 Hot Tamale
PR 5 Steam On
SR - Anything with Nash Rawiller on board.

:D :D

I realised this morning I never came on here and gave a heads up - and ran out of time :(

Sorry lads, hope you saw and got all the same - ran 1.09:30 and couldnt be happier with the first up effort ... have a 1300m in a couple of weeks, and then let's see where he can go.

Astounding our 12k scrubber is now where he is, nine city wins! Mind blowing!

http://www.perthracing.com.au/news.aspx?ContentID=23750

Cheers boys, trust the punt has been kind to you

Ok - This week, ill get in early before I forget:

http://rwwa.com.au/cris/racefield.aspx?meeting=15032&race=6

Tough race, but appears fairly devoid of speed, so with luck can cross and maybe set the pace.

Anyway - this week you've all been reminded so no late crows from me :thumbsu:

How's everyone else's punt been going? Haveing some great success laying in the UK now tuurf season is up and running - and (like everyone else i think) had a picnic last saturday with so many good things saluting

Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I knew i'd seen a Punting thread on here before!

Anyone follow the WA gallops closely around here? I had a look on the punting board, but as you would expect its predominantly Eastern states based. With the Spring/Summer on the horizon thought i would see if there is anyone who gives a sh*t other than me :D

No idea whats happening.. thats sounds like a recipe for success at the track!

I still remember the Mrs. backing Talent Show in the Perth cup a couple of years ago and around 50/1.. only because she noticed Ballas and Suban were part owners... Literally Hasnt finished on the podium in any race since :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back