Lions Rucks from an outsiders view

Remove this Banner Ad

cardje

All Australian
May 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I've always had a good look at the lions due to most of my family being old fitzroy fans.
I rate luey as one of the best young rucks in the comp, and martin has been beyond astounding this year.
Last night is a huge sign of what is to come. Now yes cats played some average rucks however it just showed that Leuy used as the prime ruck with martin pinch hitting and being used almost as a "richo" big wing player around the ball will work. Big tick!

Still worried about how Martin will play when he is no longer the primary ruck. He showed when he was at Melbourne he was nowhere near as good when he was no longer the no.1 ruck.
But he's also shown a fair bit of natural progression in his game through shear hard work as well. It's not a given that he will still have this problem in his game.

I prefer Martin being the main ruck and using Leuy to give us the mobile option up forward, add another bigger option up forward to work with Leuy and have Mayes, Mc Stay and the mossies squad scoring the rest of the goals.

Stef's a much better ruck now than when he was at Melbourne. Why can't he be a much better forward too? That mark at the top of the square last night was ludicrous. I'm quite optimistic about Leuenberger's potential forward of centre as well.

Stef's a much better ruck now than when he was at Melbourne. Why can't he be a much better forward too? That mark at the top of the square last night was ludicrous. I'm quite optimistic about Leuenberger's potential forward of centre as well.

I just like how we played when Martin was handling the ruck duties more or less on his own, Leuy up forward would be a bonus, and given his history with injuries West takes his spot when the inevitable happens.

Stef marked at the top of the square for a goal and just about nailed one from 50 last night ... I think he's a much improved player generally.

I reckon it looked pretty awesome.

My game plan is to kick the ball into the forward 50 with as much height as possible, with Leunberger the lone tall. Subsequently he will set-up inside the F50 like a ruck contest, with Green, Taylor and Zorko buzzing around to get the hit-out. And that's how we win the premiership and revolutionize the game.

My game plan is to kick the ball into the forward 50 with as much height as possible, with Leunberger the lone tall. Subsequently he will set-up inside the F50 like a ruck contest, with Green, Taylor and Zorko buzzing around to get the hit-out. And that's how we win the premiership and revolutionize the game.
This was Paul Roos' plan for us. Everyone else was to be stationed behind the ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back