List Mgmt. List Changes, Contract Status and Key Dates - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy we have retained Paine, if indeed that's what this announcement means.

I liked Bourke, but Just feel he lacked athleticism and polish. Never felt confident he would make it but showed a bit, didn't seem to far out of his depth.

Golby.. so promising early on, really had high hopes for him, another player that just falls away for us after a few years, these are the Guys we need to start taking their games to the next level.

Well done to all involved.

O'Brien's future might be tied to Aish and Redden. Replacing 25 and 20 year old midfielders with a couple of 18yos might leave our midfield depth a bit shallow.

I'm not O'Brien's greatest fan but I do think our midfield depth is a risk going into next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not O'Brien's greatest fan but I do think our midfield depth is a risk going into next year.

Yeah, more than happy to keep ZOB on for depth at this stage. Can't imagine he'd cost much.

Golby and Bourke not surprising but it's always disappointing to see players leaving. Golby is the one that stings given his 2012/2013 seasons that he couldn't build from - bit like Banfield in that regard (just change it to 10/11).

Updated. Leaves us with out of contract on senior list - Aish, Bewick, Leuenberger, ?Paine. If Aish, Redden and Leuenberger leave as expected, that makes 8 list changes at least. That makes 27 senior list changes in the last three off-seasons.

2013 (10):
Niall McKeever (delisted)
Aaron Cornelius (delisted)
Jesse O'Brien (delisted)
Simon Black (retired)
Todd Banfield (delisted)
Sam Docherty (traded to Carlton)
Jared Polec (traded to Port Adelaide)
Elliott Yeo (traded to West Coast)
Patrick Karnezis (traded to Collingwood)
Billy Longer (traded to St. Kilda)

2014 (9):
Jonathan Brown (retired)
Brent Moloney (retired)
Ash McGrath (retired)
Andrew Raines (delisted)
James Polkinghorne (delisted)
Jordan Lisle (delisted)
Patrick Wearden (delisted)
Joel Patfull (traded to GWS)
Jack Crisp (traded to Collingwood)

2015 (8?):
Matt Maguire (retired)
Brent Staker (retired)
Luke McGuane (retired)
Mitch Golby (delisted)
Jed Adcock (delisted)
?James Aish
?Jack Redden
?Matthew Leuenberger

Updated. Leaves us with out of contract on senior list - Aish, Bewick, Leuenberger, ?Paine. If Aish, Redden and Leuenberger leave as expected, that makes 8 list changes at least. That makes 27 senior list changes in the last three off-seasons.

2013 (10):
Niall McKeever (delisted)
Aaron Cornelius (delisted)
Jesse O'Brien (delisted)
Simon Black (retired)
Todd Banfield (delisted)
Sam Docherty (traded to Carlton)
Jared Polec (traded to Port Adelaide)
Elliott Yeo (traded to West Coast)
Patrick Karnezis (traded to Collingwood)
Billy Longer (traded to St. Kilda)

2014 (9):
Jonathan Brown (retired)
Brent Moloney (retired)
Ash McGrath (retired)
Andrew Raines (delisted)
James Polkinghorne (delisted)
Jordan Lisle (delisted)
Patrick Wearden (delisted)
Joel Patfull (traded to GWS)
Jack Crisp (traded to Collingwood)

2015 (8?):
Matt Maguire (retired)
Brent Staker (retired)
Luke McGuane (retired)
Mitch Golby (delisted)
Jed Adcock (delisted)
?James Aish
?Jack Redden
?Matthew Leuenberger

You are missing Jordan Bourke

A bit stiff on Bourke. Thought the kid was doing ok.

I recall he did a few handy things against the doggies early in the season.

I think he had to be either delisted or promoted - 2015 was the final year he could remain on the Rookie list. While he wasn't that far away from making it to the senior list permanently, ultimately he never showed enough.

I figure Beasley showing a bit more than Bourke (imo) probably made the decision easier too - somewhat comparable roles there.

Really thought ZOB would be cut and I'm sure he's a nice guy but he needs to go.
He's not terrible at all and is amenable to playing in the NEAFL for however long.Rare breed,keep him around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back