Loss to Eagles is getting worse

Remove this Banner Ad

Oldmangrumpy

Senior List
Sep 16, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
It just keeps getting worse, effectively a game behind now with Simpson all but giving up.
Will cost us huge gains with the mid-tier competition being so tight.
If we lose tomorrow draft pick position will be my focus going forward, need midfielders to cover pending retirements and possible De-Goey move.

Unfortunately our midfield isn’t that deep, so copping enforced layoffs to DeGoey and Adams hurt. Despite their absence and poor defensive structure we had enough chances to win.

Disappointing loss, but we’re not in flag contention this year, so in the bigger picture it won’t matter too much.

It just keeps getting worse, effectively a game behind now with Simpson all but giving up.
If we lose tomorrow draft pick position will be my focus going forward, need midfielders to cover pending retirements and possible De-Goey move.

I couldnt agree more. I thought about it this morning and it's definitely worse...especially now that you tell me that Simpson has all but given up.
I thought we had huge gains but those seem to have been lost, because of other clubs.
If we lose tomorrow, i think we should think of moving midfielders down to roughead's position

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was that the only game for the year that WCE had McGovern and Nic Nat, Darling and Kennedy?
I believe.

West Coast are useless without their bookends, while we struggle without our bulls (JDG, Adams).
All four of them played the week before against Fremantle when they were thrashed by 55 points: AFL Tables - West Coast v Fremantle - , 3-Apr-2022 4:20 PM (6:20 PM) - Match Stats
We just happened to have our worst game for the year on the day when West Coast had their only decent day!

Yep, it is a long season but that loss to WC will hurt for some time.

Tomorrow, IMO is season defining, another loss to a poor performing out fit is curtains closed on season.

I'm happy with CFC's midfield depth and the talent coming through but the defence has been exposed again this season, lack of tall quality defenders. Our small/medium defenders are solid but are being asked to punch above their weight because of KP stocks. Dean looks promising and McMahon has all the attributes to develop in this role but needs time.

Obviously, forward of centre the FF, CHF positions are a continual concern. Cox
and Cameron just haven't performed consistently for a number of years now, CFC are a model of patience persisting with the two. IMO, Moore's impact forward of centre in one quarter on the weekend was greater than the other two combined for the game.

Really, get over it. How many thought we be a chance for the eight this year.
It’s was going to happen

Same for Eagles accept the Game against us they look like a WAFL Team

So are wins then against the Saints and Adelaide, are looking tremendous!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back