Opinion Luke Ball must be at Collingwood in 2015 (poll added) (Thread now closed)

Should Luke Ball be part of Collingwood's 2015 plans?

• Yeah

Votes: 30 83.3%
  • Nah

Votes: 6 16.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maxy wants him to play on with us next year and doesn't think that the club will force his hand.

That enough for me! Get the future CEO to get the pen for him to sign NOW!

P.S The Pies (and me) miss Maxy's leadership so much.....Pie Legend!

Hope Luke Ball is retained for both his skills and leadership.
& his name.
We cannot gain Cox only to lose Ball.

Edit: Bucks doesn't seem to give 2 hoots about our traditional sex appendage recruiting strategies. Maybe Austin Powers should be our coach.
We have lost Dick, Wood, Johnson, Cox & now talk of Ball & Goldsack departing.

Last edited:
I'm of the opinion that he should call it a day. I do not know the full story regarding his current health issues but his out put diminished this year. I think it is time that we let the young fella's step up, get more game time and exposure in leadership roles on and off the field and see how they develop.

If we were a top four team i would ask him to go around another season but we are not we are transitioning, harsh reality out with the old and in with the new.

I just have a Feeling that I think Bucks would rather go with Youth.

I think he leadership is important but can he play a Full Season and not break down?

& his name.
We cannot gain Cox only to lose Ball.

Edit: Bucks doesn't seem to give 2 hoots about our traditional sex appendage recruiting strategies. Maybe Austin Powers should be our coach.
We have lost Dick, Wood, Johnson, Cox & now talk of Ball & Goldsack departing.

Dick was the biggest loss after Ball.

If Ball goes, you can draw a line through us for at least 3 to 4 years as finals contenders. He is way too valuable from a leadership perspective now that all basically all of our veterans are gone. It would be too much experience lost over the last two years if he was to go as well.

I know he'll only have another year or two at max, but he can still contribute in the field, and more importantly, he will help develop the vast range of young talent we have now. Their development will be hampered if they don't have someone like Ball showing them the ropes for another year or two. It will set them right back.

I hope he sticks it out another year.

If Ball goes, you can draw a line through us for at least 3 to 4 years as finals contenders. He is way too valuable from a leadership perspective now that all basically all of our veterans are gone. It would be too much experience lost over the last two years if he was to go as well.

I know he'll only have another year or two at max, but he can still contribute in the field, and more importantly, he will help develop the vast range of young talent we have now. Their development will be hampered if they don't have someone like Ball showing them the ropes for another year or two. It will set them right back.

I hope he sticks it out another year.

I hope Ball gets another year too Chilli but I don't think it will have that big an affect on the team if he goes. I think we have a really good bunch of players coming through and whilst 2015 may be another challenging year we are not too far off.

I think the fact the club hasn't moved to sign him, and reading between the lines in Bucks' comments, he won't be offered a contract. And sadly, I agree with this.

Bucks is huge on players being able to cover the ground (that's why Krak went, Kennedy rarely gets a full game and why Luke started as sub despite our rash of injuries on the weekend).

His body seems to be breaking down, and there really is no place to hide on an AFL ground anymore for someone who can't spread. There are only 2-3 games per year where the conditions will suit him as well as they did against GWS. The rest of the time he becomes a liability, and would be taking valuable game time away from Adams. (Watch the Port game, particularly the final quarter, our new Luke Ball has arrived anyway.)

If he truly wants to remain a leader at the club, he would be willing to take on a coaching/mentoring role next year and beyond, and who wouldn't be rapt with that outcome? Otherwise, I wish him all the best, because he's clearly got the world at his feet after footy.

I think the course has been set, and one knee injury to a tagger who plays a completely different role shouldn't alter this. The rest of our injured players (Shaz aside) should be ready to go come pre-season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if a rookie spot is a possibility. Gives us another spot on our list, if that's the concern and we can elevate him straight away for either Caff or Shaz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back