Toast Luke Beveridge (Or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Drink)

Remove this Banner Ad

Great stuff
CRlpUwyUkAEl-PZ.png:large

From straight after our Round 5 victory in Sydney:

View attachment 189182

I love this photo. I think Bob and the drink are both very emotional characters, as am I. I got told off once on another footy forum for being too emotional, but I think footy is an emotional game, it's what attracts us to it, the highs and the lows.

Did anyone else have a chuckle at "sliding doors" today? Someone might be trying to get back in the good books LOL :D
I actually had to stop and think about who he was talking about for a few seconds... Part of me was thinking Danny Southern (but no reference to the mullett)

Was a strange entry for Barrett, very kiss arse for a bloke he's slagged-off on multiple occasions.

We've got the second best coach in the league, only behind arguably the best coach ever. I love this man. He's going to take us to the promise land.

I actually had to stop and think about who he was talking about for a few seconds... Part of me was thinking Danny Southern (but no reference to the mullett)

Was a strange entry for Barrett, very kiss arse for a bloke he's slagged-off on multiple occasions.
The trade period is nearly here and he's getting increasingly desperate to get in the good books, too bad for him that there's no chance Bev will read his scrawlings.

Can we just take a minute to look back and see how far we've come under this bloke.

This is ripped straight from his wiki but it gave me chiils:

Despite being tipped by many for the wooden spoon following the loss of several key decision makers including previous coach Brendan McCartney, captain Ryan Griffen, CEO Simon Garlick, formerBrownlow Medallist Adam Cooney and over 700 games of experience at the end of 2014, as well as losing reigning best and fairest Tom Liberatore to a knee injury during the pre-season that would ultimately sideline him for the entire 2015 season, Beveridge led an impressive resurgence by the Western Bulldogs, which finished in sixth place on the ladder, and hence qualified for their first finals series since 2010,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listening to Bevo on crunch time and i canr help but smile. He is so impressive. he would have to be the best man-manager in the league and this would no doubt be due to his real world managerial experience. Thank you Luke Darcy for throwing his name up when we needed someone to lift us off the canvas. So happy

Listening to Bevo on crunch time and i canr help but smile. He is so impressive. he would have to be the best man-manager in the league and this would no doubt be due to his real world managerial experience. Thank you Luke Darcy for throwing his name up when we needed someone to lift us off the canvas. So happy

Is clearly a player's coach. No surprise the Dogs playing group die for him on the field each week.

In fact, Beveridge's management style is probably the Bulldogs unique selling proposition and what will help them triumph over the Giants (this week and beyond).

I remember some critical comments towards Beveridge's media smarts early days. He was pretty awesome on radio earlier today.

I don't know if he finds it a pest or not, but I simply had to tell him "well done, and thank you" as he walked past me at the VFL today.

After this finals series, i'll never question he and the MC's decisions, EVER.

I remember some critical comments towards Beveridge's media smarts early days. He was pretty awesome on radio earlier today.

Bev and Gordon said some things last year about other clubs when they probably should have shut up until we had something positive to talk about. We certainly have a lot to talk about now and Bev is doing a great job of it.

I don't know if he finds it a pest or not, but I simply had to tell him "well done, and thank you" as he walked past me at the VFL today.

After this finals series, i'll never question he and the MC's decisions, EVER.

When I entered the VFL yesterday he entered the VIP (for lack of a better word) entrance and it was he and I serindipituosly walking side by side in the same direction in a paddock of space. I had no doggies gear and...he engaged me! "How good was that?" Is the first thing he said! Ha. He slowed down to talk to me for the 50m walk to the box.

excellent Human being

Fair waring, minor essay incoming.
I'm a 25 year old dogs fan so i don't know if i qualify for the long suffering dogs fan tag, certainly not to the extent some here, but i have watched 5 losing prelims.
I was always a footy mad kid, however after the 2009 prelim something inside me died and my passion and spirit for football was not quite the same, I remeber the feeling of bitter dissapointment and emptiness that followed and i think I placed far to much of myself and my emotions into the bulldogs fortunes. I no longer enjoyed the little things and i remeber watching the 2010 season with resignation and dread.
After that came the McCartney era and jeez i reckon that nearly killed football for me for good, I can handle loosing but watching those games and tactics was absolutely demoralizing it looked a team bereft of spirit, ideas and most importantly enjoyment.
Then came the well documented player exodus and eventual sacking of the coach, I remember thinking we were becoming a basketcase at the time and worried we'd become like Richmond.
Enter Luke Beveridge, last year was the most enjoyable season of football i have ever watched, the way the team played with such enthusiasm and spirit was nothing less than contagious, it was fast exciting and absolutely brilliant to watch. More importantly from my perspective it rekindled my love of footy, particularly my enjoyment of the littles things that make the game so great a brilliant goal here (striiiiinger) a bone crunching tackle there (libba), the joy on the faces of the players (clay and libba after this years sydney win comes to mind) after a good win, and the feeling of undeniable hope that the ultimaye success is just around the corner.
My dad is an old South Melbourne supporter who waited 60 years to see his team win a premiership and ill never forget seeing his face when he came home from the 2005 gf, i want that feeling more than anything and thanks to Beveridge and this brilliant young team I'm daring to dream.
Win or lose this Saturday i just wanted to express my gratitude for Luke Beveridge for reviving in me a passion I thought I'd lost, and bringing back the brilliant feeling of excitement, nerves and anticipation of the weekend. This team is a joy to watch and my experience at the G on Friday was one of the best I've ever had, and i owe so much of this joy to beveridge and these daring dashing dogs.
GO DOGGIES WOOF WOOF
TLDR - Thanks Luke!

When I entered the VFL yesterday he entered the VIP (for lack of a better word) entrance and it was he and I serindipituosly walking side by side in the same direction in a paddock of space. I had no doggies gear and...he engaged me! "How good was that?" Is the first thing he said! Ha. He slowed down to talk to me for the 50m walk to the box.

excellent Human being

Thays where I got him, about 5 metres in to the "VIP" entrance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back