Luke Hodge caught drink driving

Remove this Banner Ad

Have to say while I'm disappointed in Hodgey I'm also disappointed in the clubs official response or lack of it. This should have been a priority, instead nothing WTF! This is far more serious than Lakes 'indiscretion' and yet that earned a video of Lake apologising.

We don't need supporters of other clubs offering their unsolicited opinions here. Do it elsewhere. Have a look at which board this is before posting.

Five games lost through suspension and now this. Hasn't been the best year on or off the field for the leader of our great club.

Hodge needs a massive final series to atone.
At least he'll be ****ing fresh!!
He's had one of his best seasons on the field but some poor moments of ill discipline and then this incident.

Ultimately this is very dumb and disappointing from our leader. The fact that he wasn't a lot over the limit is irrelevant. He exercised really poor judgment. He's not unlucky for getting done slightly over the limit - he's very lucky nothing worse happened. It's not a hanging offence but I'd like to see the leadership fine him. Or better yet, hodge voluntarily fine himself and do some voluntary work with victims of road accidents.

Needs a big finals series the skipper.

No Punishment from Hawthorn can't wait to chuckle reading the uproar from opposition fans....

Oh yes! The crusaders for DD justice are out in full force now!! No doubt, they are just genuinely outraged and not just spewing anti-hawthorn vitriol borne out of envy!

Five games lost through suspension and now this. Hasn't been the best year on or off the field for the leader of our great club.

Hodge needs a massive final series to atone.
At least he'll be ****ing fresh!!
A third Norm Smith medal to accompany his fourth premiership medal would be a good start.

Main board is an absolute foam fest at the moment.

Lots of grandstanding, moralising and name calling. It's fantastic, the way they've worked themselves up.

A three peat will be unbearable for them all.
Please make it so, Hawks.

Lots of grandstanding, moralising and name calling. It's fantastic, the way they've worked themselves up.

I could really go full kamikaze and get myself banned for life. I'm refraining.... but slowly wilting

Disappointing action from Luke, and the club for essentially condoning it.

I'd really like to see him voluntarily donate 5-10k to a drink driving awareness campaign or some such organisation today.

You stuffed up Luke, make it right.

He stuffed up.
He sincerely apologised.
He's our captain and he will be playing next week in front of a hostile Perth crowd in our biggest match so far for the year.
I've forgiven him, and although I can't be at the game I for one will be supporting him for the champion player he is! And I will be doing the same at any Melbourne final when we play them!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will not three peat. The captain not caring enough to stay sober while driving just before the finals is all the indication we need that the motivation just isn't there :(

Agreed.
I look to seeing all said main board posters replace Rhonda on the next run of AAMI safe driver advertisements.
They've never been so much as one kilometer over the speed limit before - God bless them.

Last edited:
All the anti-Hawks just jumping on this because they don't like Hodge or the the club, it's sick. Very few of them care about the fact that drunk drivers kill so many people each year which affects people and their families in the worst possible way. Using this for their own spite is as offensive if not more than Hodge's own stupidity.

Sorry rarely post on another teams board but the article from Niall is an absolute disgrace. The poor guy just blew over the limit and he is being crucified like a rapist. It's a disgrace and is a fair reflection of Australian society being the nanny state. Never heard a single person who actually knows the guy say anything but the highest accolades for the guy. He'll deliver you a 3rd premiership this year in a row which is more of a reflection of the type of bloke he is. Good luck for the finals, every single club in the league would die to have Hodgey in their colours.

Not happy with just a fine he should have to go spend a day in a rehab centre or something.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back