LVFL Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

How's AFL central Vic not even providing them justification, they could have said we'd prefer you go into the Bendigo league, didn't their thirds have a winning margin of 80 points, so kids were leaving? That's why they pulled the pin on their thirds? Not sure why anyone thinks putting maiden gully, one of bendigos most popular suburbs for families to build would be a good idea to play against calivil, mitiamo, serp, Inglewood, Newbridge, where bigger all kids live in the first place
Inglewood has had U18s regularly.

There's only 4 teams in the thirds this year, with the east Loddon team, which is serp, calivil, miti and maybe hill combined.

The problem is maiden gully and marong have have lots of young families moving there, they want an under 18 comp, otherwise they lose kids into Bendigo or north or white hills. They are too strong for the league. I'm sure the other clubs would be happy with under 17s and so would the north central clubs and southern golden rivers clubs who are a strong chance to join the league in a few years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They'd need a vacancy first so they could fill it and keep the season at 18 rounds with everyone playing each other home and away.
They can play in the HDFL until then.
Maiden gully is like Strath, they should outgrow the hdfl soon, they should be aiming for bfl, back their junior system in, they might struggle in the seniors for 2 years, but I'd think they'll be very competitive after that, you'd think Maryborough is a world of trouble, how long can they stay in the bfl

Maiden gully is like Strath, they should outgrow the hdfl soon, they should be aiming for bfl, back their junior system in, they might struggle in the seniors for 2 years, but I'd think they'll be very competitive after that, you'd think Maryborough is a world of trouble, how long can they stay in the bfl
Care to give us your vision of what the Loddon valley and Golden rivers leagues will look like in 5 years time?

Care to give us your vision of what the Loddon valley and Golden rivers leagues will look like in 5 years time?
I think they merge and so does the north central. I'd think that calivil, miti and serp merg to become northern United, marong head to the hdfl, and maiden gully into Bendigo, you might even get Locky and Colbo across, as their juniors will align better with these clubs, I'd hope leagues and clubs are being proactive and we don't have what happened to the mallee league which stopped and so did some clubs

By 2027, the Golden Rivers will be gone (probably end of 2023). Nullawil and Marcorna will move south and the remainder to end up in mergers with Central Murray clubs (e.g. Moulamein-Balranald).

North Central: Birchip-Watchem, Boort, Donald, Nullawil, St Arnaud, Sea Lake-Nandaly, Wedderburn, Wycheproof-Narraport-Charlton. (Potential for more mergers).

Loddon Valley: Bridgewater, Inglewood, Leitchville-Gunbower, Macorna, Maiden Gully-YCW, Newbridge, Northern United (BLS/Calivil Utd/Mitiamo), Pyramid Hill.

Heathcote District: Colbinabbin, Elmore, Heathcote, Huntly, Lockington-Bamawm United, Marong, Mt Pleasant, North Bendigo, White Hills.

Bendigo: Castlemaine, Eaglehawk, Gisborne, Golden Square, Kangaroo Flat, Kyneton, Maryborough, Sandhurst, South Bendigo, Strathfieldsaye.
(Maiden Gully-YCW the next team to enter).

In time the NCFL and LVFNL will merge and eventually we will end up with the Bendigo Regional Football League.
Division 1 will consist of the Bendigo league clubs.
The remaining clubs will be divided into Division 2 West and Division 2 East (or North/South).

Last edited:
I think they merge and so does the north central. I'd think that calivil, miti and serp merg to become northern United, marong head to the hdfl, and maiden gully into Bendigo, you might even get Locky and Colbo across, as their juniors will align better with these clubs, I'd hope leagues and clubs are being proactive and we don't have what happened to the mallee league which stopped and so did some clubs
The merge of Loddon Valley and Golden Rivers is a must and maybe Leitchy might come in as well. North Central coming in also will be hard. There is a huge gap between the lower GR and LV clubs and the top NC clubs. Nully were a 10 goal better side than most other sides this year but won’t dominate North Central.
North Central have hockey which is another hurdle.

The merge of Loddon Valley and Golden Rivers is a must and maybe Leitchy might come in as well. North Central coming in also will be hard. There is a huge gap between the lower GR and LV clubs and the top NC clubs. Nully were a 10 goal better side than most other sides this year but won’t dominate North Central.
North Central have hockey which is another hurdle.
The problem is kids to play, even in the north central, it's why wyche and Charlton nearly merged, they will in 3-5 years time. That's why they'll pull towards Bendigo, so many ex locals live there, if the teams play south, their kids might join the juniors.a few other north central clubs will merge as well in the next five years

can't see moula merging, it's got no clubs close. Hay will go picola and the golden rivers clubs come south.

can't see moula merging, it's got no clubs close. Hay will go picola and the golden rivers clubs come south.

If they cannot remain viable on their own:
Moulamein - Murrabit is 60km away and Tooleybuc and Balranald are around 75-80km away.
Ultima - in a bit of a no man's land between Sea Lake and Swan Hill.
Wandella - is in close proximity to Kerang.
Murrabit - could either merge with Moulamein or Koondrook-Barham.

Hay to Picola & District.
Nullawil closer to North Central
Macorna to Loddon Valley

Remove this Banner Ad

Back