LVFL Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Sad day,YCW and marong been part of a good close country league for a long time but that's progress unfortunately, always thought it good that Bendigo had a Loddon valley team for people to go to.

I see clubs have blocked maiden gully a shift from the league, I thought as powers to be and placing yourself on a footy board you are custodians of the game foremost, maiden gully is too big for the Loddon valley, why hold them back, there's little doubt the north central clubs will join soon

I see clubs have blocked maiden gully a shift from the league, I thought as powers to be and placing yourself on a footy board you are custodians of the game foremost, maiden gully is too big for the Loddon valley, why hold them back, there's little doubt the north central clubs will join soon

Because people can’t look forward and are scared of change

Surely this has to be the dumbest process out.
Radio silence since Carol Cathcart left!

Because people can’t look forward and are scared of change
I heard there are plans in the pipeline for the Heathcote and Loddon Valley 3rds competitions to join together. That takes away a key part of the reason Maiden Gully put forward to leave & can understand why LV Clubs would vote against them leaving.

Nope not true. Having all 3 teams play on a Sat is sacrosanct to the HDFL and participating teams. We already have full league at the u18 level.
Exactly it's the whole reason of community football, all grades same venue same day, you don't want parents doing multiple trips for games of footy, you'd lose more kids to these clubs.

How have the country clubs gone with under 18s in the hdfl?

How have the country clubs gone with under 18s in the hdfl?

Bit hit and miss. For example Leitchville/Gunbower are reasonably strong in the 18's yet say Heathcote are struggling, however when you look at their 2's it's the other way round. Clubs are always going to struggle to put 3 teams on the park and be competitive in all 3. Important thing is that they DO, irrelevant of the results. Once you lose your u18's I reckon it's damn near impossible to get them back. Unfortunately that's where the LV is atm. Is it time for them to abandon the idea of an 18's comp? Hard to say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Calival won 2 games this season, dont think there would be too many lining up to coach them. Perhaps a role for someone new to coaching to start fresh

Lost plenty of close ones and copped heaps of injuries.

Calivil don’t stay down the bottom for long periods so if they keep what they have and add some more and with an experienced coach I can see lots of improvement to be honest

Calival won 2 games this season, dont think there would be too many lining up to coach them. Perhaps a role for someone new to coaching to start fresh
Pretty proud club, I had the pleasure of playing against them in their run of winning flags, they are a well run club that gets pretty good recruits and coaches usually

Lost plenty of close ones and copped heaps of injuries.

Calivil don’t stay down the bottom for long periods so if they keep what they have and add some more and with an experienced coach I can see lots of improvement to be honest
Used 36 of 46 available points on Saturday so that gives them a bit of wriggle room but their big problem like that facing heaps of country clubs is that they have bugger all juniors. Points systems and salary caps may work in theory but wont help smaller struggling clubs to improve or thrive. I realise that the old days of buying premierships are over but there is a lot of clubs statewide who have low junior numbers who will have to amalgamate or fold in the near future. Or perhaps something unreal happens like some leadership from AFLVIC. Wont be holding my breath.

Used 36 of 46 available points on Saturday so that gives them a bit of wriggle room but their big problem like that facing heaps of country clubs is that they have bugger all juniors. Points systems and salary caps may work in theory but wont help smaller struggling clubs to improve or thrive. I realise that the old days of buying premierships are over but there is a lot of clubs statewide who have low junior numbers who will have to amalgamate or fold in the near future. Or perhaps something unreal happens like some leadership from AFLVIC. Wont be holding my breath.
I think serp, miti and calivil will merge soon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back