LVFL Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s not about the team this season…it’s about the future of the club

Let’s not forget Strathfieldsaye only had a junior club when they first entered
Yes. But YCW can't be competitive in the much weaker LVFNL. There's zero evidence to suggest moving them to the premier league in the region will magically boost them, now or in the future.

Yes. But YCW can't be competitive in the much weaker LVFNL. There's zero evidence to suggest moving them to the premier league in the region will magically boost them, now or in the future.
It's about the whole club, maiden gully are going to have great juniors, their juniors were winning easily that's why they stopped, they will grow like Strath as a club if they go into the bfl pretty quick

It's about the whole club, maiden gully are going to have great juniors, their juniors were winning easily that's why they stopped, they will grow like Strath as a club if they go into the bfl pretty quick
Based on what? Why won't they end up like White Hills or North or Marong?

Based on what? Why won't they end up like White Hills or North or Marong?
Well for starters they've got a big school there, maiden gully like Strath is a growth suburb, the kids are there for school and living there, saves them travelling and strong juniors creates a really strong club as you've always got quality coming through

Well for starters they've got a big school there, maiden gully like Strath is a growth suburb, the kids are there for school and living there, saves them travelling and strong juniors creates a really strong club as you've always got quality coming through
But it hasn't yet. They've literally had all those advantages already and aren't remotely competitive in the LVFNL.

I mean maybe they would, I just don't see it though. I'd want them to at least step up in a LVFNL or HDFNL before I'd be putting them into Bendigo.

Not instantly no…but with some changes then there are definitely possibilities to build upon.
Could say that about any of the Bendigo based clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But it hasn't yet. They've literally had all those advantages already and aren't remotely competitive in the LVFNL.

I mean maybe they would, I just don't see it though. I'd want them to at least step up in a LVFNL or HDFNL before I'd be putting them into Bendigo.
2021 they went 13-1 with a 300+ percentage.
Their kids left this year to play a better standard of footy. Which is readily available to them being so close to town.
LVFL juniors are weak and don’t always follow the senior side, they play the same sides every 3 weeks, they have addition weeks off all the time.

Going into a better comp “should” keep their juniors playing footy, and playing footy with Maiden Gully.

Good on them for looking to change, and not happy to accept the status quo.

2021 they went 13-1 with a 300+ percentage.
Their kids left this year to play a better standard of footy. Which is readily available to them being so close to town.
LVFL juniors are weak and don’t always follow the senior side, they play the same sides every 3 weeks, they have addition weeks off all the time.

Going into a better comp “should” keep their juniors playing footy, and playing footy with Maiden Gully.

Good on them for looking to change, and not happy to accept the status quo.
Oh 100% they need to leave LVFNL with their juniors. I just think Heathcote is their best move, Bendigo a bridge to far

Oh 100% they need to leave LVFNL with their juniors. I just think Heathcote is their best move, Bendigo a bridge to far
Heathcote juniors won't be much better, all the good juniors play seniors at Locky, colbo Elmore, Heathcote at 16.

If they go into the bfl, they'll pick up kids living in maiden gully, that currently play for square and Eaglehawk, south, flat, etc

Marong hasn't gone through the right avenues to gain entry into the HDNFL. They will stay in the LVFL next year.

Marong hasn't gone through the right avenues to gain entry into the HDNFL. They will stay in the LVFL next year.

Not sure what you mean..both Marong and Maiden Gully YCW have followed the same process. Having said that it is expected that both will be forced to stay on the LVFNL next season

From all reports, Marong didnt do one of the most basic things. Ill leave it there. Roota, I thought you would have been all over it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back