LVFNL 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Roota give us a bit of a rundown on your game? I heard Inglewood were super competitive and Marong kicked the last couple to win by 3 is that right?

Bridgey went bang and made a statement, Pyramid produced a par result with the win over ycw and good result for Matty Dillon in his first game at Newbridge well done there might be a spot for them in the 5 yet.

Roota give us a bit of a rundown on your game? I heard Inglewood were super competitive and Marong kicked the last couple to win by 3 is that right?

Bridgey went bang and made a statement, Pyramid produced a par result with the win over ycw and good result for Matty Dillon in his first game at Newbridge well done there might be a spot for them in the 5 yet.

Ingelwood certainly were very very competitive. They played disciplined footy and have a clear plan about how they want to go about things. On our side of things we were pleased to win however need to improve our use of the footy. There were lots of new faces so will take some time to click

Ingelwood certainly were very very competitive. They played disciplined footy and have a clear plan about how they want to go about things. On our side of things we were pleased to win however need to improve our use of the footy. There were lots of new faces so will take some time to click

Yeah based on Saturday's results Inglewood will be a real show this weekend against Calivil who look set for a long year. Just looking at the games this week it looks set to be a tight round- Marong and YC , Pyramid and Miti and Serp and Newbridge the other games.
Thoughts on those games boys?

Word out of Serp is only the 3 best got their match payments - coach and president said no-one else deserved anything. They will be hungry this week against Newbridge....

Word out of Serp is only the 3 best got their match payments - coach and president said no-one else deserved anything. They will be hungry this week against Newbridge....

That is interesting and good on the players if they were happy to go along with that....I know a few that I have played with in the past would not have had a bar of that

That is interesting and good on the players if they were happy to go along with that....I know a few that I have played with in the past would not have had a bar of that
Only 3 goals down at 3qtr time, they couldn't have been too bad...

That's a disgrace. How much extra do they pay the players when they perform above expectation?

Ah that's right ZERO!!
The word on the street is accurate. (Its a concern for the club who is leaking information about what was a closed dressing down). But now that it is out there there, the coach really put the acid on the players after the game. And it has really caused some angst amongst the group. Only take your match payment if you think you deserve it. It is a big call when you are over run by fitter, better foot skilled and far better game planned side is a huge call. Only a few walked up to take the folding. Some of the players might have been depending on that pay check for lots of reasons. Serp won most of the ruck hit outs with Leaping jimmy but lost nearly every clearance. Now that ain't player effort, it's game plan and that sits on the lap of the coach and his help. Not the players.

The word on the street is accurate. (Its a concern for the club who is leaking information about what was a closed dressing down). But now that it is out there there, the coach really put the acid on the players after the game. And it has really caused some angst amongst the group. Only take your match payment if you think you deserve it. It is a big call when you are over run by fitter, better foot skilled and far better game planned side is a huge call. Only a few walked up to take the folding. Some of the players might have been depending on that pay check for lots of reasons. Serp won most of the ruck hit outs with Leaping jimmy but lost nearly every clearance. Now that ain't player effort, it's game plan and that sits on the lap of the coach and his help. Not the players.

Reasonable view there vanderhum, did the coach hand some back?

Has a real threat to blow them apart.

Didn't Wilson leave south over a money dispute?

That's a bit different if he gave the players the option, noted it would make some feel guilty to collect it but if you really needed eg Uni student etc then they had option to grab it.

Reasonable view there vanderhum, did the coach hand some back?

Has a real threat to blow them apart.

Didn't Wilson leave south over a money dispute?
That's a bit different if he gave the players the option, noted it would make some feel guilty to collect it but if you really needed eg Uni student etc then they had option to grab it.

There's a fair bit in this if in fact it's all truth.

Realistically, if Serp were at full strength then there's 16+ paid players (if not all of them). It's round 1, and they came up against the #1 side. They got beaten; sometimes games blow out. There's no way that guys aren't getting their noses out of joint about payments. To put players in this position is highly inappropriate; regardless of the result. If the coach/club thought that this obviously spur of the moment decision is going to prove beneficial in the long run, the Bears Lagoon/Serpentine Football Club are in strife.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a fair bit in this if in fact it's all truth.

Realistically, if Serp were at full strength then there's 16+ paid players (if not all of them). It's round 1, and they came up against the #1 side. They got beaten; sometimes games blow out. There's no way that guys aren't getting their noses out of joint about payments. To put players in this position is highly inappropriate; regardless of the result. If the coach/club thought that this obviously spur of the moment decision is going to prove beneficial in the long run, the Bears Lagoon/Serpentine Football Club are in strife.

Like everything it would bother some more than others. If it doesnt happen again for the rest of the year it will be likely to be forgotten they should still be in with a decent shot against your boys Hellboy. You would be dissapointed with the weekend yourself wouldnt you? Linking Marong as a possible top 3 side.

It was a loaded statement by the coach; go up and ask the president (in front of everyone) for how much you deserve for the effort. You'd look like a tool if you were the only one who asked for some cash. It's sad serp come to this. They were beaten by a better team, lets be honest.

It was a loaded statement by the coach; go up and ask the president (in front of everyone) for how much you deserve for the effort. You'd look like a tool if you were the only one who asked for some cash. It's sad serp come to this. They were beaten by a better team, lets be honest.
Yea I don't mind this assessment. The Serp boys were beaten by a better team. Not gunna repeat what i said in the previous thread but the clean work was an obvious difference . What Serp need to do does not rest with players but with the planners. Saw 23 edgeworth who was given an instruction to hit hard on the start of the third did what was asked and then got absolutely maxed. And then no support. Not good Serp need a lot more together if they will even get close to bridgewater

Yeah sent poor Edgeworth in on instruction, and when it was carried out he got belted, and by all reports the Serp boys didn't fly the flag for him....

Like everything it would bother some more than others. If it doesnt happen again for the rest of the year it will be likely to be forgotten they should still be in with a decent shot against your boys Hellboy. You would be dissapointed with the weekend yourself wouldnt you? Linking Marong as a possible top 3 side.

I was far from impressed with my mob Dragon Fly. No excuses, it simply wasn't good enough. I certainly wasn't going to be asking any of them if they thought they earned their coin though!

I was far from impressed with my mob Dragon Fly. No excuses, it simply wasn't good enough. I certainly wasn't going to be asking any of them if they thought they earned their coin though!

Early in the Season I suppose plenty of time for improvement. Did you think that Inglewood had improved on last year?

Yea I don't mind this assessment. The Serp boys were beaten by a better team. Not gunna repeat what i said in the previous thread but the clean work was an obvious difference . What Serp need to do does not rest with players but with the planners. Saw 23 edgeworth who was given an instruction to hit hard on the start of the third did what was asked and then got absolutely maxed. And then no support. Not good Serp need a lot more together if they will even get close to bridgewater

Who was he instructed to get Andy Collins? How did Darby go Vanderhum? Noticed he didnt get a mention.

Who was he instructed to get Andy Collins? How did Darby go Vanderhum? Noticed he didnt get a mention.
Did ok but needs to be fitter not sure about what the instructions were but it was a change up from the first half. Be very surprised if andy does not get the votes. Brings real class the the loddon valley and you could make a case for top 3 in country footy. big call but But who would be ahead of him. Apart from his bro, he has the boys fitter than last season and along with the bearded b & f from last season ran amok in the second half

Round 2 tips- BLS by 6 points over Newbridge should be a good game.
YCW by 4 points ove Marong.
Inglewood by 2 points over Calivil United.
Miti by 20 points ove Pyramid Hill.

Anyone else?

Serp to pump newbridge
YCW to beat marong by 4 goals
Calivil by 10points over Inglewood
Miti in close game over Pyramid Hill

Featherby is a coach with no gameplan.

For those of you who are familiar with the BFL, he is a Ben Dyett carbon copy; great recruiter and spruiker but has very little in the way of substance when it comes to coaching a game plan let alone a plan B when the chips are down. Cost Serp the flag last year in the QF? I think it against Bridgy when players were arrogantly brought off and rested up only to be rolled in a great comeback. It was obvious to all and sundry that he had little answers in the GF when a far better coached and arguably less talented Bridgy ran all over them and took the cup. Several basic, obvious changes were needed but simply weren't. Not sure how this is acceptable from a non playing coach but we'll see I guess...

Now Bridgy have even more talent and Serp have treaded water (still a lot of recruits, but quality is hardly there) or even regressed slightly. It's going to be very difficult for them or anyone really to get the cup, still early but looks hard.

Featherby is a coach with no gameplan.

For those of you who are familiar with the BFL, he is a Ben Dyett carbon copy; great recruiter and spruiker but has very little in the way of substance when it comes to coaching a game plan let alone a plan B when the chips are down. Cost Serp the flag last year in the QF? I think it against Bridgy when players were arrogantly brought off and rested up only to be rolled in a great comeback. It was obvious to all and sundry that he had little answers in the GF when a far better coached and arguably less talented Bridgy ran all over them and took the cup. Several basic, obvious changes were needed but simply weren't. Not sure how this is acceptable from a non playing coach but we'll see I guess...

Now Bridgy have even more talent and Serp have treaded water (still a lot of recruits, but quality is hardly there) or even regressed slightly. It's going to be very difficult for them or anyone really to get the cup, still early but looks hard.

What were the several basic, obvious changes that needed to be made in the Grand Final?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back