Multiplat Mad Max - The Video Game

Remove this Banner Ad

I always believed 'Cult Following' to be this: A film, book, musical artist, television series or video game, among other things, will be said to have a cult following when it has a small but very passionate fanbase.

Thank you.

Look at all of the gaming communities that have Red Dead Redemption as an ongoing discussion such as Reddit and Facebook and compare it to Grand Theft Auto and Call of Duty.

Reddit subscribers:

/r/GTA: 34,621 subscribers
/r/CallofDuty: 14,971
/r/RedDeadRedemption: 6,210

GTA has six times the subscribers.
Call of Duty has more than double the subscribers. However, do note that each of the titles in the franchise has its own subreddit. Even the worst game in the series, Ghosts, has over 1.5 times the subscribers as RedDeadRedemption.

Facebook:

Call of Duty: 23,889,022
Grand Theft Auto: 7,702,812
Red Dead Redemption: 379,685

CoD has over 62 times the number of 'likers' than RDR
GTA has 20 times the 'likers' than RDR.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched a game play video and it looks pretty sick. I think as long as I don't have any preconceived notion that's it's going to play out like the second Mad Max film and is simply a wasteland game it will be well worth getting.

Just watched a game play video and it looks pretty sick. I think as long as I don't have any preconceived notion that's it's going to play out like the second Mad Max film and is simply a wasteland game it will be well worth getting.

Then only thing I'm not huge on is the combat. The Batman style mash can get a bit monotonous, and I hope it is more weapon based.

Then only thing I'm not huge on is the combat. The Batman style mash can get a bit monotonous, and I hope it is more weapon based.
It made the claim that there are plenty of weapons available, so hopefully it does. Visually it looks of its nut, looks to be a missions for upgrades game play throughout so hopefully it's got something new to offer.

Nintendo's Aussie Rules Footy would be a cult classic.

Maybe because we have not had many Aussie Rules games but I would consider it a classic for sure. Playing it is still one of my favourite gaming memories, and I would say It's my favourite football game despite the leap in technology over the years (AFL '98, AFL Live 2004: Premiership Edition being the other top afl games).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back