Prediction Make the call

Remove this Banner Ad

Make:

1. Steven Morris. He had an All Australian worthy year in 2013 where he was rarely beaten by his direct opponent and he has stagnated as a player ever since Dimma mistakenly moved him to the forward line. Watch him displace Vlastuin from the side and become an AA back pocket. A real old school one-on-one defender who doesn't give an inch and will never die wondering.

2. Troy Chaplin. This bloke is an absolute jet on his day. Anyone that watched his game against Fremantle at the G last year would know how damaging he can be as a loose man. I expect him to play a swing man role this season and we will see him kick many clutch time goals. He's a natural born leader and will rise to the challenge in 2016.

3. Shaun Hampson. We all know ruckmen take longer to develop and this bloke is going to be a perfect example of it. After having an injury interrupted preseason I can see him coming out like a bull at a gate when he finally gets his opportunity. He won't have an AA season like Morris but he will be promoted into the leadership group at the conclusion of the year. Will average 35 hitouts and 5 contested marks in what can only be described as a beastly season.

Break:

1. Dustin Martin. Just does not have the mental capacity to sustain a professional AFL career. More off-field dramas will see his career spiral out of control. His problems can only be swept under the rug for so long. The fact he's gone from an inside bull with a raking boot to an outside pansy that cannot hit the side of the barn does not help.

2. Corey Ellis. Poor man's Jordan De Goey who looked AFL standard in patches last year and made everyone think we had the next Deledio/Pendlebury hybrid. One practice match into the season and there's already question marks hanging over his head (had five touches and played the full game). Another first round blunder to add to Richmond's history books.

3. Alex Rance. Overrated and gets a free ride because of his looks and reputation. Was ragdolled by Jesse Hogan (a first year player) and toweled up by Tex Walker. He seems to get absolutely monstered every time he finds himself in one-on-one contests and plays as if he's wearing rollerskates. Should be used as steak knives for the Michael Hurley trade.

make - Cotch - will get back to Brownlow medal winning 2012. Rioli - if everything goes well for him, could play all 25 games and win the rising star award and a GF (lol) emulating his uncle who only came runner up in rising star
break - hate to say, but Griff. just hasnt taken the next step and with McBean dominating VFL, has 1 year left to improve

Make - I just cant split three players.

Cotchin will show all and sundry why he is our best player, yes even over Rance.

Townsend - By mid year people will be say WTF how did we get him so cheap.

Lennon - If he stays injury free, watch out. He oozes talent

Break - Griffths, he has the tools but unfortunately he also owns the hart of a pea. Will be traded at the end of the year IMO. Prove me wrong Ben

Make:

1. Steven Morris. He had an All Australian worthy year in 2013 where he was rarely beaten by his direct opponent and he has stagnated as a player ever since Dimma mistakenly moved him to the forward line. Watch him displace Vlastuin from the side and become an AA back pocket. A real old school one-on-one defender who doesn't give an inch and will never die wondering.

2. Troy Chaplin. This bloke is an absolute jet on his day. Anyone that watched his game against Fremantle at the G last year would know how damaging he can be as a loose man. I expect him to play a swing man role this season and we will see him kick many clutch time goals. He's a natural born leader and will rise to the challenge in 2016.

3. Shaun Hampson. We all know ruckmen take longer to develop and this bloke is going to be a perfect example of it. After having an injury interrupted preseason I can see him coming out like a bull at a gate when he finally gets his opportunity. He won't have an AA season like Morris but he will be promoted into the leadership group at the conclusion of the year. Will average 35 hitouts and 5 contested marks in what can only be described as a beastly season.

Break:

1. Dustin Martin. Just does not have the mental capacity to sustain a professional AFL career. More off-field dramas will see his career spiral out of control. His problems can only be swept under the rug for so long. The fact he's gone from an inside bull with a raking boot to an outside pansy that cannot hit the side of the barn does not help.

2. Corey Ellis. Poor man's Jordan De Goey who looked AFL standard in patches last year and made everyone think we had the next Deledio/Pendlebury hybrid. One practice match into the season and there's already question marks hanging over his head (had five touches and played the full game). Another first round blunder to add to Richmond's history books.

3. Alex Rance. Overrated and gets a free ride because of his looks and reputation. Was ragdolled by Jesse Hogan (a first year player) and toweled up by Tex Walker. He seems to get absolutely monstered every time he finds himself in one-on-one contests and plays as if he's wearing rollerskates. Should be used as steak knives for the Michael Hurley trade.

If any of those breaks happened or if all three did I think I would actually start crying.

Make:
C. Ellis - Will be a jet and finish top 10 in the best and fairest
Conca - Solid contributor that is vastly underrated on here

Break:
McIntosh - Limited player with very ordinary disposal skills (cant find a spot for him in our best 22)
Griffiths - Ruckman or bust for Griff i reckon. Not good enough up forward

Make:

Break:
McIntosh - Limited player with very ordinary disposal skills (cant find a spot for him in our best 22)
I don't think Griffo is tall enough to be an out-and-out ruck. He has to make it make it as a Forward who ruck a bit. Sadly, this is looking increasingly unlikely.

I don't think Griffo is tall enough to be an out-and-out ruck. He has to make it make it as a Forward who ruck a bit. Sadly, this is looking increasingly unlikely.
He's the same height as Maric, with a much better leap.

And without the same competitive instincts....

The trend is for ruckmen 204cm+. I can't see Griffiths mixing it with the Goldsteins and Sandilands of the world. We need to find our own ruck monster to compete.
We do, but it won't be this year.

Maric gets slaughtered by the best rucks, so it's either Hampson, or a combination of Griffo and Vickery. The ruck is our biggest weakness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Make:

Break:
What you said about McIntosh is so far from the truth its not funny

Make. Jack Reiwoldt. Jack becomes a deadly half forward, averaging 15-20 touches a game with all of them damaging. Inside 50 delivery has been our biggest problem the last two years and ironically our gun full forward becomes the one to fix it. All we need then is for the deep 50 team mates to understand Jacks modus operandi and we'll have F50 conversions at an elite level. Edwards, Vickery, Griff especially will all profit from the genius of JR. Oh and JR will kick 50 himself. Top ten brownlow and will win the Jack Dyer by the length of the Flemington straight.

Break. Hate to say it but Ivan. Game is passing him by. Height and leap are an issue but his ability to cover ground quickly is the major problem. Goldstein had 2 uncontested possession (I mean really uncontested!) in the first few minutes of the EF. Ivan will power into the contest and take his share of intercept marks and the odd goal, but I think the effort required will burn him out this time. And he's been cooked the last 2 years towards the end. Only chance is if he is really well managed, that is, plays only on the appropriate match up and maybe only gets 10-15 games.

Make - Hardwick, improvements from pretty much the entire team means he has 30 legitimate contenders for selection each week. Makes the right calls for match ups, the final he took the risk naming conca and griff and it didn't come off. At least he was trying to make stuff happen, and he'll only get better at that

Break - Hunt, too much talent around him

Break: Deledio. As in literally break. His body will say no more and he'll either not play many matches, or if he does, he won't play to the standard that we know him to.

I hope I'm wrong but I can just feel it in me bones.
What makes you say that mate? Before last season he hadn't missed a game in like 8 years, and he missed what under 10 total between this season and last season? Hasnt had any ligament or bone breaks, I would've thought he'd be good odds to play well into his 30s... Surprised u say as we all know you love him ;)

Make:

Break:
Macintosh poor disposal? I would've thought his kicking at pace is one of his better attributes :confused:

Back on topic for me,
MAKE:
Chol. Won't be this season and probably won't even play a senior game as he is on the rookie list, but you can just get a feeling sometimes and he has displayed the attributes needed to make it at the top level

BREAK:
Batchelor. Just don't think he offers enough to warrant a spot in the best 22. Not quick, disposal isn't great, too small to be KPD and too big to be a rebounding defender or play on small forwards. Should be displaced by one of Broad or Astbury.

Make: Ben Lennon - those wet weather skills and a bit of attitude

Break: Chris Yarran - mentally prepared for disappointment (but secretly hope I'm wrong)

Make:

Break:

Bf needs a questionair like 'which one of the 4 objects features bread ' before some people post.

Make; Townsend. Just needs to stay under the radar of umpires and not get suspended every week ;). For such a quietly spoken kid he is dead set ruthless. And brave. Will play every game IMO.

Break; Absolutely hate bagging any Tiger but if I have to name one it's Griff. Had a standout game against Freo in WA but with such a tight forward line already and the brilliance of Rioli, Markov etc pushing for selection he would need to improve.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back