Manchester United thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's everyone's views on Falcao. He's had more than enough game time now and he just isn't delivering at all. Could go down as one of the worst loans we've had.

He won't stay. I wouldn't call it a bad move though.

So what's everyone's views on Falcao. He's had more than enough game time now and he just isn't delivering at all. Could go down as one of the worst loans we've had.
He'll be gone at the end of the season. It's a shame as he's worked very hard but hasn't been able to have an impact. In terms of being one of our worst loans, that's fine. It was smart for Woody to have a crack at a potentially top 5 striker in the form of a loan and not just buy him outright. Outside of Henrik Larsson, how many of our loans have been good? we never loan players in.

Honestly for the right price I'd keep him, this season was always going to be frustrating for him but he really does just need game time. However with the way we have been going we couldn't afford to play him into form.

Honestly for the right price I'd keep him, this season was always going to be frustrating for him but he really does just need game time. However with the way we have been going we couldn't afford to play him into form.
For 10m i'd keep him but then we've got 3 strikers around the age of 30 and 1 kid. I'd like us to go after Dybala who could be had for 25-30m i reckon. I'm sure LVG will make the right call. He's a ruthless campaigner when it comes to transfers

For 10m i'd keep him but then we've got 3 strikers around the age of 30 and 1 kid. I'd like us to go after Dybala who could be had for 25-30m i reckon. I'm sure LVG will make the right call. He's a ruthless campaigner when it comes to transfers

Strikers are a good discussion point actually.

Dybala
Lacazette
Cavani
Icardi

I think we need two minimum with RvP on the bench or gone.

I still think Falcao can get back near his best but unless we can get him very cheaply it's not worth the effort of trying to get him back in to form.

We definitely need a new striker IMO, preferably someone who can also play out wide when needed. I really like the look of Dybala but haven't seen enough of him to know if he can play wide in a 433.

Some recent reports saying LvG gave Di Maria the old SAF hairdryer treatment and it has caused friction.

Some rumours about a Cavani for Di Maria swap but I'd only do that is money also came to us.

Cavani + 15-20m for Di Maria.

Strikers are a good discussion point actually.

Dybala
Lacazette
Cavani
Icardi

I think we need two minimum with RvP on the bench or gone.
How many do you think we need in the squad? I like 4 inc Rooney.

For mine, i don't want us paying 50m for Cavani and i haven't seen enough of Lacazette. I'd like us to buy Dybala, keep Rooney & Wilson and 1 of RVP/Falcao/other. I don't think we need more than 4 unless you want to loan out wilson to a mid table club next year.

I'd like us to get Felipe Anderson from Lazio. Reckon we could get him for 20m. He's lightning quick, has tricky feet and is direct which i like.

Unless we can get an excellent box to box mid (Pogba), i don't want us spending big (on anyone unless they are elite).

In defence, we'll buy a RB and a CB in the summer. Would be happy with Clyne & Laporte.

That results in approximately
Clyne - 20m
Laporte- 30m
Pogba - 50m
Dybala -25m
Felipe Anderson - 20m

A total of 145m if we choose not to buy Falcao which is inline with what we'll probably spend. I wonder if Thomas Muller would come (assuming we make UCL). would love him at OT. I understand players turning us down whilst we're not in the UCL but think it'd be different if we were.

Some recent reports saying LvG gave Di Maria the old SAF hairdryer treatment and it has caused friction.

Some rumours about a Cavani for Di Maria swap but I'd only do that is money also came to us.

Cavani + 15-20m for Di Maria.
Nah. Moura +20m for Di Maria or

Moura & Verrati for Di Maria +10m

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Falcao will be gone at season's end. Seems like a nice guy with a good work ethic but the EPL probably wasn't the best place to play after a knee reco.
I'm hoping our strikers next season can be Rooney, Dybala and Wilson. While i'm at it, i'll list my complete first team squad too. van Gaal likes his squad size to be about 23 players from what i've heard but it's probably best to have a little more in England considering all the cups, league and hopefully CL.

GK: de Gea, Valdes, 3rd choice
RB: Rafael, Valencia
LB: Shaw, Rojo, Young, Rafael
CB: Hummels, Smalling, Jones, Rojo, McNair/Blackett
DM: Carrick, Blind, new signing
CM: Herrera, new signing (Pogba?:cool:), Pereira
B2B: Fellaini, Rooney
LW: Depay, Young
RW: Mata, Januzaj
ST: Rooney, Dybala, Wilson, RVP

In: Hummels, new DM, new CM, Depay and Dybala
Out: Evans, di Maria (if he requests a transfer), Falcao

Italicized are players capable of playing in the given position. Squad size is 26.

So i'm hoping we make 5 signings...:cool::drunk:
I'm sure i will be way off though

100% we'll be buying a RB, might even be Dani Alves on a free.

Nah. Moura +20m for Di Maria or

Moura & Verrati for Di Maria +10m

Moura is more a right sided player though isn't he? Would work if Depay came in but might limit Mata.

I think Cavani could work very well with Roon.

100% we'll be buying a RB, might even be Dani Alves on a free.

Moura is more a right sided player though isn't he? Would work if Depay came in but might limit Mata.

I think Cavani could work very well with Roon.
Not sure if i want Alves. Moura is right sided, a slightly better version of Felipe Anderson but a few years older than him. Lightning quick with great skill. There are so many games across UCL, EPL, FA Cup, etc that we'll need 2RW's and LW's. Would be happy with Janu, Mata, Depay & Moura/Anderson competing if ADM leaves. Young is more of a utility player.

I'd love two of Varane, Hummels and Laporte.

Depay would be good.
Pogba would be great.

Cavani and/or Dybala.

Clyne or Alves.
not sold on Hummels for some reason.....i think he's slow......it's been a long day though and maybe i'm stupid :$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back