FTA-TV MasterChef 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Great finale and congrats to Billie and to Georgia who also did very well. Both great girls with bright futures.

And I was very happy to see lots of Ashleigh:)

Bring on 2016!

Hopefully next season we'll see another OS trip

Apart from the cash the job offer from Heston is worth more than anything else they threw at Billie.

Was gonna say the same thing working at one of the best restaurants in the world with zero experience is priceless

Billie is the first winner I have been confident in saying- 'she will actually be very successful'. No wonder Heston snapped her up, she is an elite talent.

Georgia will do what she is detined to do and she will be very good at it- designing cookbooks or something along those lines.

So c'mon DapperJong, give us the lowdown on the alternative ending. Did Georgia get offered a job by Heston in the version where she won ??

I didn't watch it for that long to find out. Just enough to see the reactions. Twas weird.

The ending confirmed what I thought in that they shoot the real ending first. To get the proper emotions.

Amazing how genuinely nice Billie is, and to everyone. Not a single bad word. Even today where she was frustrated with not getting the sugar ball, had a small tear then got om with it. Massive difference between the two in the last challenge.

A job at the Fat Duck is the best prize ever. Well done Billie! Knew she'd come with it. LOL at the Norf references. That was exactly what I was thinking too.

I will hopefully be going to The Fat Duck at the end of the year...maybe I'll see her.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trying to come up with a suitable visual metaphor for how badly Billie's bloke is punching above his weight, and this is all I could come up with.

tallest-and-shorte_1559059i.jpg

In all seriousness, pretty happy with that result - that was a ******* epic cook to finish things off and she was probably the clear standout from this lot.

As soon as they said we'll read Georgia's scores first I knew Billie had won at that point. Billie is a deserved winner, no doubt. What impressed me most about her was how calmly she worked under pressure. I hope she takes Hestons job offer and refines her skills even more.

She's perfectly suited to the pressure of a professional kitchen - some of that due to working in that environment on a daily basis.

She's perfectly suited to the pressure of a professional kitchen - some of that due to working in that environment on a daily basis.
It's also her country and farm upbringing too. She seems very grounded, pragmatic. She knows when the work piles up all you can do is get stuck into it, get it done, and not whine about it. That is a mentality I find common in country people.

I'm glad Billie won but surely the judging should've been done like how they do the immunity challenges? Would remove any chance of bias from the judges.

Have said it for years. Could have had Shannon mentoring them throughout the challenges. However I doubt they will change it. That said no one will tell me they don't 'know' who has cooked what dish in an immunity challenge anyway.

Billie was a deserved winner, she was the strongest cook across the whole competition. Great opportunity to work at the Fat Duck, and I would love to know what that entails. Will she go over to the UK and work as a brand new apprentice? Or will she start a bit higher up?

I ate at the pop up Fat Duck restaurant in Melbourne (have even eaten the dish they cooked last night). The food is amazing, but it's completely opposite of what Billie said she wants to do. She said she wanted simple, farm, home grown produce, country food etc. The Fat Duck couldn't be further from that. It's complex, wild, playful, delicate, intricate, scientific, theatrical cooking and plating.

Billie was a deserved winner, she was the strongest cook across the whole competition. Great opportunity to work at the Fat Duck, and I would love to know what that entails. Will she go over to the UK and work as a brand new apprentice? Or will she start a bit higher up?

I ate at the pop up Fat Duck restaurant in Melbourne (have even eaten the dish they cooked last night). The food is amazing, but it's completely opposite of what Billie said she wants to do. She said she wanted simple, farm, home grown produce, country food etc. The Fat Duck couldn't be further from that. It's complex, wild, playful, delicate, intricate, scientific, theatrical cooking and plating.
Surely she'll start as an apprentice, or there will be a riot in the kitchen. I'm not sure about the UK but I know my chefs would eat a masterchef contestant alive if we brought one in even as a commis.

Here's some gossip I just found out. Fellow editor who's working on spelling bee says that ep 1 isn't even finished. It airs next week!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back