Matt Rendell is cooked...

Remove this Banner Ad

he, Barrett and Lloyd et al are just trying to fill airspace with possible trades. They are trying to fill a week and a half. Some of it will be speculation and nothing more.

Sure, but he doesn't actually know what he is talking about. He doesn't know the rules.

I said on another forum he's turning into Crackers Keenan.

I once listened to an interview with Crackers on SEN (with Finey). In general they talked about various players, prospective trades and recruits for about 45 minutes. Crackers pretty much 'claimed' every player mentioned:

"I saw him playing in the seconds at Box Hill and let Malthouse know about him".

"I spotted Hodge at the Falcons and said he'd go Number 1 pick. Schwabby rang and I said take this kid"

"Player X wants to be traded to Sydney - he rang me during the week and asked me what I should do".

It was embarrassing and he was an absolute clown.

Rendall is not as bad but I'm starting get Crackers vibes about him.

He is there for entertainment value, for all of us to go on about how big a moron he is. Similar to Andrew Gaze on the Bounce; the difference is Gaze knows it and leans into it.

He does pick the most obvious trades he has been part of to talk about. Like him going on about how he knew Dangerfield was going to be a good player. Yeah no s**t, that was obvious. He tries to make himself out like he is Stephen Wells.

He said tonight Richmond would be better next year as this is the first time in many years we’re gonna have a proper preseason as we didn’t go deep in September. Forgot we didn’t make finals last year.
I’m convinced he starts sentences not knowing how they will finish and just makes it up as he goes.
Still better than Adam Cooney though.

To add to the mix, heard the great man on SEN half an hour ago.

Has just worked out (several days behind BF) that Geelong can't trade F2 and F1 next year.

Expert, schmexpert.
They can, but need to have other Future picks in before they do that.
Clubs get creative we they need to be in order to get trades done.
I do not think Rendell was in the system when the rules existed around the limits of future pick trading so can forgive him for not being fully up on it. I do not listen to the shows but the other around him more familar with the rules , no doubt will help clarfiy it for him.

he, Barrett and Lloyd et al are just trying to fill airspace with possible trades. They are trying to fill a week and a half. Some of it will be speculation and nothing more.
I could not imagine how much time wasted on speculation you have to flll if you doing hours of this everyday.
So if someone is going to pay you to do it, you just do it...

They can, but need to have other Future picks in before they do that.
Clubs get creative we they need to be in order to get trades done.
I do not think Rendell was in the system when the rules existed around the limits of future pick trading so can forgive him for not being fully up on it. I do not listen to the shows but the other around him more familar with the rules , no doubt will help clarfiy it for him.

He’s supposed to be an expert. Keeps making basic errors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s supposed to be an expert. Keeps making basic errors.
I don't listen to trade radio but in car for 15 minute drive I did hear Matt Rendell on and what he was talking about was fine in that time.
It was better than listening to the Tom Brown's and Jon Ralph's of this world. I'd rather listen to someone that actually worked at club lands than idiot journo's just make up stuff. If he gets a few things wrong I'm fine it, if the bits he adds that other can't is insightful. I would not think he pretends to be an expert. I'd assume he just sees himself as a football person which indeed he is. There are a lot worse people on radio that I'd would not waste any time on and change the channel.

Rendell offers as much as Andrew Gaze on SEN.

Spent 2 minutes recounting a story about how Adelaide wanted him to trade a particular pick they had instead of using it on the draft at that point in time - he bungled up everything about the story including the punchline about the player he intended to draft with the pick that he was told to trade.
That story was ******* gold, went on a huge spiel about how he wanted Guthrie with pick 28 but Adelaide made him bring in tambling instead. went and met Guthries family and watched all his games, then goes on about how he was picked a couple of picks after 28 and they’d missed out on this superstar he’d found, then the co host chimes in with Guthrie was picked at 23, Matty boy was dumbfounded and sat there for about 10 seconds wondering how he’d ****ed that one up

That story was ******* gold, went on a huge spiel about how he wanted Guthrie with pick 28 but Adelaide made him bring in tambling instead. went and met Guthries family and watched all his games, then goes on about how he was picked a couple of picks after 28 and they’d missed out on this superstar he’d found, then the co host chimes in with Guthrie was picked at 23, Matty boy was dumbfounded and sat there for about 10 seconds wondering how he’d *ed that one up
I look forward to SENSA on a Wednesday just so I can hear this guy. I like him. And his voice.

I like how the show is sponsored by drink wise or something. And Rendell talked about meeting with Dangerfield and his family and bringing a 6 pack. Then drank them all as no one else drank. Presumably drove home to.
Rendell is a *******

Dangerfield and his family' are fiuckwits.

This is a fact on the surf coast and not opinions

Fact.

I don't mind Rendell myself in small doses, it's when he rambles too much that he seems to come unstuck. For the record, having damo host doesn't help. Just comes across as either always on his high horse with how he talks or robotic "You're listening to Continental Tyres....(pause)
AFL Trade Radio for
(pause)
M E G T"
No charisma. Whereas Sam Hargreaves on the maccas run is much more charismatic and up for it, keeps Rendell focused, and is happy to have a jab at himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back