Matt Rendell is cooked...

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm so glad someone wrote this.

The moment on Trade Radio when he back-pedalled on his claim that Geelong were offering pick 38 for Henry was pure gold. Surely we can find audio of this.

caller: 'So, you're making this up?'

Matt is all over the place on air.
Totally unprepared.
One mistake just rolls into the next.
Half inclined to think he’s only there in an attempt to make SOS appear better but in reality it’s just the boys club at work.
All that said, he’s the one on trade radio i enjoy the most.
Cal and Riley supply all you really need to know and Matt delivers his own brand of entertainment for the listeners.
A bumbling concoction of his football experiences and opinions, he’s kind of a modern day version of Jack Dyer and somehow, a must listen every afternoon …

I like him but moreso when he talks about his stories of days old which get rolled out every year because they have to fill time.

I think he and SOSs value are going down because they’ve been out of the system for a few years now and they know little of the kids coming through because they’re not living it day to day like they used to.

When they first started on air the insights they provided were terrific about kids coming through and thoughts about fair trades etc because they knew - now not so much still entertaining but less valuable.

Trade radio needs a new generation of ex-recruiters, list managers to add value. I reckon David Noble may do that if he stays on air but this year he seems limited maybe because he’s new to it , to protect what he knew from north or protect his employment opportunities going forward.

they could all probably benefit from not talking over each other and letting them finish their thoughts. it's all over the place but barrett butting in every 20 seconds to sos and rendell, and you can hear especially with rendell he loses his train of thought when it happens. sos seems to awaken from a coma as he seems to have no idea what happens before he gets on the radio

A little bit of research isn’t too much to ask if your getting paid to comment every day. He mentioned the other day that his son had told him that he was getting torn apart online because he was getting too many of the details wrong. He told his son that he couldn’t care less. Good on him I guess.

Seems like he’d be a good bloke to have a beer with if you bumped into him though.

Last edited:
Credit where it's due.His prediction for the Pies in 2022 after 2021 were spot on.Not sure even the most die hard Collingwood supporter predicted there rise and why like Rendell did.
I'd be pretty confident no one other than Matt if that was the case would have predicted the pies as top 4. Helped greatly by winning 11 games less than two kicks and several by less than a kick. Normally your percentage at the end of the H&A season somewhat correlates with your win loss record and the pies not only made the top 4 with 104% but that was also the lowest percentage in the 8.

Extraordinary season for the pies we haven't seen anything like it before and it would be unlikely to see it ever again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When I first heard him on SEN, I thought he was just another nuffie caller. "Who's this muppet who sounds like he's already half cut at 2 in the afternoon, rambling on about nonsense trades for players who have already been delisted?"

I only cottoned on when they let him ramble on and on for 15 minutes.....

Someone pointed out Ned Guy is the AFL's Head of Player Movement. Point being, once you're in the system, incompetence is no barrier to continued or future employment.

To be fair on old mate Ned, he was given the job a ‘low key’ fire sale and handling messy departures from the club.

He then fronted up for an interview straight after with no real time to sort his head out and work out the public ‘message’.

Tough gig.

I have/had quite a bit of time for Matt Rendell over the journey but to say this on the Kym Dillion and Michaelangelo Rucci show he is cooked...

The only thing our midfield is stacked with is Mosquitos. We have been crying out for a big bodied powerful quality mid since we lost Danger at the end of 2015. That is hands down the most pressing need on our list.

Yep he is a Guru ''They’re stacked in the midfield"" lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back