Expansion Matt Rowell re-signs with Gold Coast, Noah Anderson expected to follow suit, Jack Bowes trade vindictated ???

Remove this Banner Ad

And then as able to smooth out the contract, which I think was the most absurd part of it all
I agree. The incoming should be made to take on the contract as is. That would allow the struggling teams to take advantage of that sort of situation to make up the salary floor

I’m not sure about average, has become one of the best pressure midfielders in the league. Give him another preseason and a fully uninterrupted regular season and I genuinely think he can go back to that next level we saw in early 2020
Nah, I watched him closely a few times and he was off the pace and ineffective. Probably low on confidence. He is very talented though and reckon he will hit back if he stays injury free.

Nah, I watched him closely a few times and he was off the pace and ineffective. Probably low on confidence. He is very talented though and reckon he will hit back if he stays injury free.
Yeah, not many people know that Rowell had OP interrupted pre-season last year and still was one of the better players for contested footy and tackles. Looking like a rock this off-season, working on inside/outside balance and footwork around stoppages according to his interview. If he has full pre-season and stays healthy he should improve.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bowes did not want it. The club told him that players are ahead of him and he will play probably in VFL.
Stupid by the club.
He expects to play senior games with the premiers.

This trade will burn them not only on giving away a top ten talent, but also a regular 22 performer.

My guess no team would take on reported 2x800K in full.
Possibly, but that seemed like the starting point right at the start of trade week. Crazy that they didn't let it slip that a 2nd round pick was up for grabs first

All the Suns did by giving away #7 was prove that the draft compensation that they have received has been ridiculous and they should never get a handout again, at least not in the next 5-10 years. If they have so many quality asserts that they can give away Bowers and #7 then they clearly received too much in the 1st place .....

To be fair, the outcry mainly revolved around how the * the reigning premiers had the salary cap space to be able to use in the trade.

Probably because we have a stack of players over 30 which everyone should know because they keep saying we are too old.

Didn’t have to give up pick 7 (8) to give away a player a few clubs were interested in. Even if Bowes doesn’t come good and Jhye Clark gets delisted in a couple years time then on paper it was still a stupid trade. Just think how poor Gold Coast has been in comparison to say Geelong and Richmond. Why did they have salary problems in the first place? Rather embarrassing actually.

Um, because almost all their players are from interstate and they have to pay overs for every single one of them? That’s just a guess

Um, because almost all their players are from interstate and they have to pay overs for every single one of them? That’s just a guess
How is that ever going to win a flag then?

The Suns escape a fair bit of scrutiny for their on field performances. Dew has to get them into finals or he goes in my opinion.

It was the right decision to give him the extension but he was lucky. Not many coaches get an extension after five years without really getting close to a finals appearance.

Yes, that makes it strange. Players like him would be 4-6 years at most other clubs.

Good thing for Suns is he isn't a free agent then and can still ink a big contract.
If we gave Rowell 4 years on top of his 1 year he has left on his current deal we could be giving ourselves another Bowes like issue down the line. Don't mind the shorter deal, we should be right in the throws of finals in the next 3 years and then we can renegotiate a contract.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back