Matthew Scharenberg

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really quite sick of this notion that if scharenberg doesn't play he will walk. I sincerely hope it is not true.

Seriously, this guy is coming off 2 of the most severe injuries a player can have. The fact he has played as much footy as he has this year is a huge bonus already.

I really think he has improved every week, but I don't think his form has been at the level of karnezis, Dwyer, Kennedy, young or Armstrong over such an extended period.

Even marsh had to put a lot more good performances in.

Scharenberg needs to earn his spot like the others.

Fwiw I think he has early it now with 2 very solid VFL performances. I also agree with nothing to play for he should play.

However, he shouldn't be selected merely because he will walk if he doesn't play.

Surely he understands this year was about rebuilding his strength and 2016 was going to be his breakout. I think shaz understands this.

Anyway, I think he will be selected tonight and I wish him all the best. I am just frustrated that people on here have been critical of his non selection. I think we have done an amazing job with him this year, and credit to shaz as well for his clear dedication to a quick recovery.

The coach has already said he will most likely play. What will you do if he still leaves?
Its starting to look more and more likely he will stay anyways. His girlfriend from Adelaide has apparently moved here permently as well

Lots of speculation in this thread so I may as well add my 2 cents worth.

Maybe he is not happy with the length of the contract being proposed. Maybe he wants a longer contract because he is determined to be a pie for life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have said that a few times. Can you tell us what the actual motivating factor in Scharenberg's decision is?

Unfortunately I can't not being Matt and all, however my understanding is that the pull of home for he and his partner is strong and that whilst money plays a part it isn't to the extent outlined in Lockyers question.

Its starting to look more and more likely he will stay anyways. His girlfriend from Adelaide has apparently moved here permently as well
I understand she moved here quite a while ago.
Maybe she doesn't like it here/can't get a job and maybe SHE wants to go home

That's a fair question.

If we don't know, let's just say we don't know instead of pretending otherwise...

I admit in all circumstances, even if i do know, that i know nothing... Nothing

image.jpg

I understand she moved here quite a while ago.
Maybe she doesn't like it here/can't get a job and maybe SHE wants to go home

Maybe he should give her the arse and start making the most of his youth.

Maybe he and his partner can move to an area in Melbourne that reminds him of Adelaide. Should be plenty to choose from. If need be, move the rest of his family over. Problem solved.

Maybe he should give her the arse and start making the most of his youth.
Maybe shes given him the ars :fire: :p :D :thumbsu: And thats why hes happy with her and hence wants to stay (that and Mrs Aish's cooking ;) )

Unfortunately I can't not being Matt and all, however my understanding is that the pull of home for he and his partner is strong and that whilst money plays a part it isn't to the extent outlined in Lockyers question.
So what your theoretically saying is, it would now be a 20/80 sort of scenario that he's gone.

If theres a pull to "home" and your not signed up by now. I'd love to know how many has changed their mind from round 21 onwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back