Injury Max Bailey - Wrist Injury

Remove this Banner Ad

Bad luck to Bailey :(

It just spotlights the puzzling decision to trade Renouf, when our key ruck stocks just couldn't afford any bad luck.

If we had received a high draft pick for a young premiership ruckman maybe that would have been understandable. However, we accepted a mediocre pick instead for a ruckman that was still contracted and would have gotten games this year.

Edit: McCauley and Pattison are triers but we are still weakest in the ruck division.

Bad luck to Bailey :(

It just spotlights the puzzling decision to trade Renouf, when our key ruck stocks just couldn't afford any bad luck.

If we had received a high draft pick for a young premiership ruckman maybe that would have been understandable. However, we accepted a mediocre pick instead for a ruckman that was still contracted and would have gotten games this year.

Edit: McCauley and Pattison are triers but we are still weakest in the ruck division.

Yeah I guess or we could look at it this way. Did Renouf offer us much more than McCauley may be able to? (might be too early to say, but i would hedge my bets with no) So seeing as McCauley really cost us nothing other than a speculative rookie pick we essentially swapped ruckman and gained a mid range pick.:thumbsu:

Bad news for the kid. I'm sure he will be back in 2 months tops. He is a resilient fella, and will still be able to train.

You should know GH. You've had more wrist injuries from non football activities than everyone else conbined! :D

Well this sucks. Hopefully he recovers ahead of schedule, we really need him. Broc didn't look that good to me, not sure I want him being the no.1 ruck to start the season. Not sure of our other options though, hopefully Lowden steps up!

The Good: It's not a knee.
The Bad: 2 to 3 months out?
The Ugly: Well, there goes our set structure going into the season proper.

Be interesting to see how we experiment with rucks against Freo this week. I'd prefer Hale up forward and playing backup ruck so maybe another opportunity has presented itself for a player (probably Broc McCauley) to step on up and show what he's got.

Whatever happens, heal quickly, Max!!

Bad Luck. Forget about Renouf he's not there. So people should stop asking why we got rid of him, we did so deal with it.

Did people really expect that we would go the entire season without injuries?

"Adversity has the effects of eliciting talents which, in prosperous circumstances would have laid dorment".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Broc has been named in your squad for this week - so I daresay he'll get first crack at supporting Hale

I'd say it'd be the other way round, Hale has become too valuable as a tall target up forward. Broc 1st ruck this week I'd say.
Rough has been named too, so he and Hale will be key forwards, Hale back up ruck, Buddy floating up the field and drifting back forward to kick multiple miracle goals. Sounds good to me!

Why are so many so quick to say Lowden and Grimely are not ready. Both can take a contested mark and kick goals. For mine Hale's role changes slightly from 30% ruck time to 70% and we blood Lowden and Grimely as the relief rucks/forward. Lowden and Grimely have had approximately 4 years in the system, other clubs have thrown their talls in the deep end, its time we did the same.

Alternatively we have a forward line that consists of Gunston, Shoe, and Buddy until Rough gets back. Down back we have Boumann at FB, Stratton in a back pocket and Gibbo as a CHB.

Also McCauley was servicable for the Lions last year when Luenburger was injured.

Roddy;23567697[B said:
]I'd say it'd be the other way round[/B], Hale has become too valuable as a tall target up forward. Broc 1st ruck this week I'd say.
Rough has been named too, so he and Hale will be key forwards, Hale back up ruck, Buddy floating up the field and drifting back forward to kick multiple miracle goals. Sounds good to me!

True enough - either way, looks like the coach has settled on who will be promoted.

ONe thing will be sure - Roughead won't be required to leap in the ruck for a very long time.

And so it bloody begins. :mad:

F#$K F#$k F#$k:mad:

I cringe whenever Baily goes near the ball now for fear of injury. Poor bloke. He'll probably play 10 years for the Hawks and be lucky to rack up 100 games.

All the talk of upgrading some others is well and good, we have no choice but geeez, be nice if we could go into the season with our number 1 ruckman and at full strength. Ohh well, soldier on I guess.

True enough - either way, looks like the coach has settled on who will be promoted.

ONe thing will be sure - Roughead won't be required to leap in the ruck for a very long time.

First things first - A big shout out to Max to come back quickly after his surgery. This poor bloke can't take a trick, especially after showing so much promise in 2011.

Completely agree Roughy shouldn't be tried in the ruck. The Hawks need to play him forward, or even back if the situation arises.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back