What the heck? McGuire working on a story that will blow football apart

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would McChins get access to any club and administration documentation or info. If its a salary cap breach then won't the AFL break the news themselves and Eddie.

I don't know how Eddie would have access, if it were Brisbane for example, could easily get Gubby Allen to tell him everything that went wrong, plus a few other people who may hold a grudge (Aker?) and bam, you have a story.

There would be a fair few people that have grudges on their former club, at every club. If there was a story worth breaking and Eddie convinced them to tell, well one club could be in for some scandal-mode for the off season.

But I doubt it is anything big, it will be "such and such retired player did cocaine!!1!" or "this player is gay, and says he knows of dozens more, shock horror, gayz!!!1!"

It's a children's story. Excerpt:

Once upon a time there were three friends named Eddie, Mick and Nathan. Then Mick became a complete campaigner and Eddie and Nathan didn't like him any more. The end.

imo some of the characters need to be developed a bit, but it's got the makings of a great book.

The fact is, even if there was a salary cap scandal surrounding Brisbane, and even if Gubby Allan wanted to come clean about it, I'm quite sure that Eddie would be the absolute last person in the world he'd give the story to. Keep in mind this is a guy who was around at the Lions throughout Eddie's hate years on the club. Doubt he'd be fond of him at all.

Sorry if it was stated earlier but Eddie give a timeframe as to when he would reveal this secret?

Probably said it to get attention. Everyone would've forgotten he'd said it now, if not for BigFooty. Sorry Ed :D

Sorry if it was stated earlier but Eddie give a timeframe as to when he would reveal this secret?
3ody4k.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No coincidence Ian Collins is on as well, big call from Eddie, that's twice he's said it and this time in front of Healy and Sheahan.

Could've miss heard this, but did he say something leaning towards more of a fascinating story I'm working on?... Moving away from news that would 'blow the afl apart' or whatever it was..

Just sounded to me like it's more moving towards a nice big story rather than a 'scabdal'

Could've miss heard this, but did he say something leaning towards more of a fascinating story I'm working on?... Moving away from news that would 'blow the afl apart' or whatever it was..

Just sounded to me like it's more moving towards a nice big story rather than a 'scabdal'
yes i got that impression too

Still said it would have huge ramifications, so that is leaning towards scandal.

I hope its about carlton. Please wreck them ed, please! I want to see that cheating scum club suffer.
I'm glad we have managed to upset your world in some way. I must admit though, the irony of a Swans supporter talking about cheating is stark. I wonder which club was the first one caught significantly breaching the salary cap, in the first year the salary cap was operational. Of course Sydney don't have to cheat anymore, the AFL allows them a significant advantage over all other clubs (except the new expansion clubs) every year & has done for many, many years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back