Media alert

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, Rookies only get a single season, which is why Conway was delisted after only a single year. Aish is out of contract next year.
What about Dayne Beams.... is he out of Contract next year ??

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

A
Yep, Rookies only get a single season, which is why Conway was delisted after only a single year. Aish is out of contract next year.
ahh k, sorry for the pleb post... Got confused with the contract extension talks and his actual existing contract

A
ahh k, sorry for the pleb post... Got confused with the contract extension talks and his actual existing contract
Don't blame you at all. Many on this board are panicking as though his contract does finish this year simply because he hasn't yet extended his contract yet. Despite the valid reasons for Aish not to, including:

- Giving himself the opportunity to earn a fatter new contract by playing well in 2015
- Giving himself every opportunity to ensure that he is happy to live in QLD
- His manager ensuring that he gets the best deal possible by delaying extension talks until they have fielded offers from other clubs.

Don't blame you at all. Many on this board are panicking as though his contract does finish this year simply because he hasn't yet extended his contract yet. Despite the valid reasons for Aish not to, including:

- Giving himself the opportunity to earn a fatter new contract by playing well in 2015
- Giving himself every opportunity to ensure that he is happy to live in QLD
- His manager ensuring that he gets the best deal possible by delaying extension talks until they have fielded offers from other clubs.
Yeah, I reckon if none of the first year blokes had signed yet, we'd all be saying "plenty of time, nothing to see here".

Not sure where to post this but as i heard it in a newspaper article i thought this was the appropriate place. Has anyone heard anymore about Mcstay and Cuts extending their contracts? I read it probably 3 weeks ago now, roughly, and just wondering if anyone has heard anymore?
Hopefully they are just finishing of some minor details of Aishy's deal and come out with 3 big resignings for the club!!

Yeah, I reckon if none of the first year blokes had signed yet, we'd all be saying "plenty of time, nothing to see here".
You're kidding me, right? It'd be the sky falling, 24/7.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robbo did have a chuckle about his bank comment of 2 weeks ago. On SEN they replayed said comment and Roboob claimed he didn't mention which bank...the Bank of Queensland
This is part of the problem with the modern media though. They make these grandiose, authoratative claims and then, when they are proven to be wrong, they shrug their shoulders and either pretend it didn't happen or laugh it off. In this case, there's no harm done but sometimes it causes damage to a person's reputation, all for the desire to be seen to have the "scoop".

This is part of the problem with the modern media though. They make these grandiose, authoratative claims and then, when they are proven to be wrong, they shrug their shoulders and either pretend it didn't happen or laugh it off. In this case, there's no harm done but sometimes it causes damage to a person's reputation, all for the desire to be seen to have the "scoop".

Not to mention social media...

article-2474918-18F40EAE00000578-562_306x423.jpg

And/or forums! ;)

ckHIQGF.png

Swann audio will be up on the SEN site shortly...but a few tidbits:

• Ryder 99.9% to Port
  • Beams in not OTL but we'll work with Pies to do a deal
  • Gold Coast now in the frame too but Swann mentioned that his brother for us ;)

Best part was early when he nearly let slip that we've been into Beams for a while; KB and Balmy were joking about Swann taking Daisy from the Pies and now Beams, his response was along the lines of "it was all happening well before I got there".

I would be absolutely gutted if we come out of this pre season with no players that were linked to us.
Cie la vie, we would still be looking OK with all the kids coming through and new draft picks. Plus Redden, Rich, Staker, McGuane back, sky isnt falling.

Would be nice to have Beams though.

I would be absolutely gutted if we come out of this pre season with no players that were linked to us.
Me too. But I mean as long as we don't lose any more players and get some decent players from the draft than it's not really a loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back