Roast Media propogating this rumour that only Buddy is allowed to have an arc

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else sick of this?

Very much so. Each weelend we see hundreds of incidents of players veering off the mark so they can get more distance on the kick, or to improve the angle. What Buddy does is nothing different to what we've been watching for decades. I guess it's just that Buddy has more shots than most, and is more noticable than most that exacerbates the situation.

I cannot believe people are still crapping on a non-issue such as this.

I have a question about set shots for goal, particularly after the siren:

Can a player 'arc' in their run up as long as they ultimately kick directly over the mark? i.e.. not stray to the goal side of the mark.

What about players who line up on, or near the boundry facing away from the boundry to have a snap shot at goal ? The second they take one step it is play on and could never be done after the siren. Players like Stevie J who rely on this method to even get close on a set shot would be screwed.
At least Buddy's is a NATURAL style. I wanted to punch that ump the other day getting into his ear about it but said nothing to Stevie J when he was trying to dictate terms on the goal line. I really wanted to punch him hard as well as wipe the smirk off Johnsons face.

Yep, he's got a smug look on him that deserves a regular beating.

That goal that Stevie J kicked when he walked off the mark and measured the distance between him and Guerra?...should that have been called play on? what if he had just kicked it after walking out the 3 or 4 steps?

That goal that Stevie J kicked when he walked off the mark and measured the distance between him and Guerra?...should that have been called play on? what if he had just kicked it after walking out the 3 or 4 steps?

Pretty sure he placed the ball on the ground before stepping it out didn't he? Therefore, no play on would apply.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back