Competition Melbourne Heart rebrand (Melbourne City)

Remove this Banner Ad

That circle logo of theirs is horrid
I agree. I have a feeling that logo is temporary, though.

But they are using the old NASL history.
I think you are confusing them with the New York Cosmos. The old owner of that team sold the rights and they are now playing in the second tier comp, which is also called the NASL.

I can't see them being a sole Red and White anymore, maybe as a home set with a touch of sky blue.
But the away or clash will be a sky blue and if they play Sydney they will wear their home.

This would be a nightmare for people watching the game. Sky blue kits include: Sydney Home, Victory Away, and possibly Heart Away.

Changing the name from Heart to City isn't a terrible idea, I don't mind it.

Changing the club colours is probably going a bit far though. You can't change everything, they need to keep some identity. Maybe just make the away kit a sky blue one. Problem solved.

Pretty rough but you guys get the idea. (Combination of Heart and Toronto)

ScreenShot2014-01-24at42919PM_zps83307075.png

I agree. I have a feeling that logo is temporary, though.

I think you are confusing them with the New York Cosmos. The old owner of that team sold the rights and they are now playing in the second tier comp, which is also called the NASL.

ecqugvph90rp89w6sxzuc9zfv.gif

My bad they are in the NPSL

HeartCity.png
As far as I know, there's no guarantee that Sky blue will dominate a kit. I'm not sure
Home: Keeping the Red and White stripes with a Blue pin stripe on each stripe, much like Newcastle Utds shirt
Away: An off-center flag of Melbourne cross, a favourite amongst the Heart forum users
Third: A Galatasaray inspired kit with a bit of Hearts current 3rd. I used Hearts red with Citys Burgundy
HeartCityALL.png

Looks like sky blue will actually come into the equation.

I kind of thought it was a little idealistic to expect an entity to 'grow their brand' for $20 million, but not enforce their biggest identifier and allow Heart to keep red and white. I mean would Real Manchester wear red and white? Would Melbourne Arsenal disregard the white sleeves? These big clubs don't care about the identity of a younger one, especially when the Heart have like six years and 6,000 members...

You'd imagine that this is all just PR. City probably came in discussions with the FFA with certain criteria they expected to be filled. Pretty daft and unlikely for the FFA to refute and deny all their demands considering they could turn an irrelevant club into a self-sufficient one (should also state here that along with the Victory making money, only Heart and Adelaide broke even last season – Heart weren't a total basket case) who do a fair bit for the game – and the A-League's image.

It is also understood the new owners are hoping to change the Heart's colours to sky blue in accordance with the parent club, Manchester City, as part of their plans to establish franchises across the globe. Manchester City have also founded a team in the US, New York City FC, which will also wear sky blue in its debut season in the MLS in 2015.

A subsequent logo change would then be a formality due to the other adaptations but must first be signed off by the FFA. A spokesman from Australia's governing body confirmed that the owners cannot make any changes without the FFA's approval, but chief executive David Gallop is happy to discuss the potential for a rebranding of Melbourne Heart.

The FFA sees no reason Manchester City cannot make changes to the identity of the bottom-placed A-League club, just as Newcastle Jets owner Nathan Tinkler was permitted to change his club's playing strip from gold to blue and red.

An FFA spokesman for told Fairfax Media that the FFA may take into account potential complaints from Sydney FC regarding Melbourne Heart changing their playing strip to sky blue, but there is no reason the A-League cannot have two teams with the same colour combination.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/...o-rebrand-melbourne-heart-20140124-31e4j.html

Changing the name from Heart to City isn't a terrible idea, I don't mind it.

Changing the club colours is probably going a bit far though. You can't change everything, they need to keep some identity. Maybe just make the away kit a sky blue one. Problem solved.

cardiff-city-red-blue-dragons-11.jpg

If someone can just waltz in and change the identity and colours of a 115 year old club, then it's entirely likely that Man City will do the same to a 4 year old club.

comp by rabbitoh20, on Flickr

Home: current Man City kit, no change to ensure brand compatibility
Away: Heart third kit, slightly modified, similar to the kit QPR were wearing when City won the Premier League (AGUEROOOOOOOOOOO game)
Third: dark kit to resolve clashes with light teams in MCFC colours

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cardiff-city-red-blue-dragons-11.jpg

If someone can just waltz in and change the identity and colours of a 115 year old club, then it's entirely likely that Man City will do the same to a 4 year old club.

Although I read somewhere that this particular change hasn't actually achieved anything so far in terms of drawing in that lucrative Asian fan base. Some people put more thought into decisions like that than others...

Don't know why they aren't being called Melbourne North. I mean they train in the Northern Suburbs and Duganzic (Heart Player) has a column in the Whittleseas (Council made up of many Northern Suburbs) Local Paper.
Because it's part of the plan to expand the Manchester 'City' brand.

Although I read somewhere that this particular change hasn't actually achieved anything so far in terms of drawing in that lucrative Asian fan base. Some people put more thought into decisions like that than others...

i thought the red was an attempt to grab the overall Welsh demographic as their kit looks very Wales national team as well, my bad...

Don't know why they aren't being called Melbourne North. I mean they train in the Northern Suburbs and Duganzic (Heart Player) has a column in the Whittleseas (Council made up of many Northern Suburbs) Local Paper.

They've trained at Lakeside once

i thought the red was an attempt to grab the overall Welsh demographic as their kit looks very Wales national team as well, my bad...

I think that's what a lot of people thought, because frankly, it made more sense than the real explanation. Amazingly, it really is because of the Chinese belief that red is good luck; so Vincent Tan thought it was a great idea. That Wales and the Chinese share an interest in dragons, was pure dumb luck. Also, even more annoyingly, just to show how far he would go to attract the money of the far-Eastern fair-weather fan, he pushed the idea of wearing black shorts, to liken the brand to Manchester United. The LA Galaxy did a similar thing to attract that particular market when they first brought in David Beckham, all of a sudden switching to an all-white kit to emulate Real Madrid. If I was a Bluebirds fan, I would have been very close to chucking in my membership. To be honest, I'm surprised Vincent Tan didn't try to bring David Beckham out of retirement! :D:rolleyes:

1st site design looks dead set good. Nice choice of colours and designs
2nd site design is just a basic ripoff of scotlands soccer designs but with a different colour scheme and added nyfc logo.

Scotland?
Did you see the process that the designer took?

Nice crisp and clean and i really like the link between the transit tokens and the logo, in an overcrowded market such as New York's is this logo would surely stand out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back