Melbourne Public Transport

Remove this Banner Ad

Wish the government would give these scumbags a small payrise, no counter offers, nothing, take it or gtfo and find a job at a community fare driving a mini train with snotty kids vomiting on their back every Sunday.

Wish the government would give these scumbags a small payrise, no counter offers, nothing, take it or gtfo and find a job at a community fare driving a mini train with snotty kids vomiting on their back every Sunday.
Only one problem. The fight is between private companies and the union. The government is just a noisy spectator.
Secondly its not about wages. Its conditions that both operators want to change.

Looks like James Hird's m8 Julian Burnside is gunna kick crap out of the myki system.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks mate, very helpful
Get the train. V-Lines are free until the end of the month.

Speaking of which, any good little towns to check out for the day while this is happening? I haven't been anywhere but Geelong and that area since I moved four years ago.

Speaking of which, any good little towns to check out for the day while this is happening? I haven't been anywhere but Geelong and that area since I moved four years ago.

One of the best things about Victoria is that compared to most of the country, you can get to a lot of places pretty quickly. Take your pick.

Ballarat or Bendigo are the obvious choices, but do a search to see if there is any particular festival on somewhere that might be of interest.

Oh yeah and a warning on the free travel - I'm not so sure it's an apology/compensation thing, more likely a preemptive measure to placate commuters ahead of the likely further problems they'll be having.

Thanks I did read that, unfortunately I'll be over in March

Coming over to visit a mate doing uni in Ballarat, would you rather take the train or a bus from Melb?
Train is one thousand times better than a coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back