2023 Melbourne Earthquake 2: Electric Boogaloo

Remove this Banner Ad

Phones give earthquake alerts?!

Yep, got a full page spread, already got rid of it though but it showed estimated magnitude where it potentially was and to check gas, windows and structural things and vacate if you think the house is not structurally sound. Oh and put shoes on if you walk around just in case, gotta protect the toes you know.

Earthquakega on twitter puts it at close to Mickelham at Oaklands Junction though. But on my end I did have to shift some glasses onto of shelves as they moved forward, and my old mans charger almost fell straight off the bench when I got up out of bed. So I had to check things and it's goddamn cold outside.

Just so we're clear, we're blaming the recent spate of earthquakes on the vaccine, right? Or did I read the memo wrong?

edit: Over 10000 "felt" reports for a sub-4.0 at midnight on Geoscience Australia. Must be a lot of people like me who were just about to give up on this rubbish GP but were still up.
Yup still watching haha. 20 laps to go...we can do it!

Felt it in Ascot Vale last night. The earthquake woke me up. My first ever earthquake experience.

People are ridiculous.

My building's FB group, which might average one post a week, has 3 posts asking "did anyone feel that". No dickhead it was just you.

Local good karma group is the same. "Did anyone feel an earthquake" x4.

Do people not know about twitter? Do they not know about the Vic Emergency app or Geoscience Australia?

Such deadshits.

My new phone sent me an alert. My old phone two years ago didn't. I guess it didn't like me as much.

Didn't feel a thing and I was on my phone at the time. Back home, tornado alerts were the thing.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People are ridiculous.

My building's FB group, which might average one post a week, has 3 posts asking "did anyone feel that". No dickhead it was just you.

Local good karma group is the same. "Did anyone feel an earthquake" x4.

Do people not know about twitter? Do they not know about the Vic Emergency app or Geoscience Australia?

Such deadshits.
You alright bro?

Fiancé thought a ghost was shaking the bed (I wasn't at home)

Hmmm. Sounds like the mrs who wanted her mr to do role play thing again where he burst through the door wearing a mask and ravaged her.

Except the mr never done that before

Nothing in my Thornbury apartment building this time. Last month it was very noticeable, more from the noise than any actual shaking.

4.6 in Rawson says Geoscience Australia.

Nothing in my Thornbury apartment building this time. Last month it was very noticeable, more from the noise than any actual shaking.

4.6 in Rawson says Geoscience Australia.
Also in Thornbury, just heard window rattling, thought someone was trying to break in. No house shaking or anything though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back