Overweight and Obesity in Australia in 2023 and future projections.

Are you overweight?

• Yes

Votes: 29 39.2%
  • No

Votes: 45 60.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

While I haven't had an energy drink in 5 years or so, I reckon I could party like a man half my age if I was drinking jagerbombs. The recovery time wouldn't be easy.

Yeah I don’t think I’ve had one of those energy drinks since idk 2008? Can still vividly remember when Mother was first released and newly stocked in my hometown circa schoolies and my group of friends all giving it a debut taste test together.

I put on 30kg very rapidly when I started taking my OCD medicine. Was very hard to shift. I don't judge anyone for their weight.
There's a few mediations around where "weight gain" is a side effect.

And some where the "I'm full" message (or whatever) is suppressed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This was roughly the sort of eating I was doing over a day for a while, loads of small meals.

1. 2-3 eggs with 2 pieces of toast.
2. Greek yoghurt and blueberries
3. Milk, protein powder, strawberries and oats smoothie
4. Stir fry noodles with chicken and vegetables
5. Small can of salmon, banana and a few dried apricots.
6. Steak, mash potatoes and vegetables
7. Greek yoghurt and strawberries

I've since gone back to eating 'normally' with some junk thrown in and take away but is that sort of diet really that awful? Don't remember feeling remotely unhappy or anything and imo it was surprisingly easy to stick to..

1 hour of walking is enough to work off half a Big Mac lmao.
I hate thinking of junk food in that manner as it depresses me lol, I always try and calorie restrict myself the day before and after, if I know Im going to have some junk food on a particular day.

Which is why also, I am fussy in what junk food I consume.

The past 6 months I've finally started mastering what they call 'flexible cognitive restraint' when it comes to fast food.

Basically, instead of caving to black-and-white thinking and saying 'f**k it, I've fallen off the wagon, might as well order a large meal with fries and soft drink and a second burger and give up on the day', I'll just order a single whopper or whatever, enjoy it guilt free, then back into the swing of living healthy.

I've always been an all-or-nothing type person so it's taken me a long time to get to this point, but it's a very effective mindset for avoiding the on-again, off-again cycle of trying to stay fit and healthy.

The past 6 months I've finally started mastering what they call 'flexible cognitive restraint' when it comes to fast food.

Basically, instead of caving to black-and-white thinking and saying 'f**k it, I've fallen off the wagon, might as well order a large meal with fries and soft drink and a second burger and give up on the day', I'll just order a single whopper or whatever, enjoy it guilt free, then back into the swing of living healthy.

I've always been an all-or-nothing type person so it's taken me a long time to get to this point, but it's a very effective mindset for avoiding the on-again, off-again cycle of trying to stay fit and healthy.
Having watched one too many diet/healthy eating shows on youtube, yes this is the approach they advocate. To get back on the wagon the next day. Dont let a day, turn into a few days or a week.

Just on your HJ options, I have heard "experts" say, its almost the same calorie wise eating a burger and fries compared to two burgers, but at least with the burgers, you get more protein.

If I'm gonna take the calorie hit from now on generally it's at least mostly going to be something actually decent like pizza, kebab, fish and chips.. not total crap from chain fast food joints or packets of biscuits..
I actually found this approach worked for me as it has led to less cravings. As I am a fussy eater, I would rather eat junk food that is something decent that I am going to savor and enjoy than something ultra processed.

I dont have any guilt whatsoever when I put away a home made meat lovers pizza and home made ice cream.:thumbsu:

I don't even consider the proper pizza place round the corner from me to be 'junk food'.

Even more so because it's within walking distance and I get another 1.5k steps in going to pick it up.

I don't even consider the proper pizza place round the corner from me to be 'junk food'.

Even more so because it's within walking distance and I get another 1.5k steps in going to pick it up.
One beer on the way there and another one on the way back?

Back